Transferring to a Xbox 360 Elite

Do The Dance

Do The Dance

Going to purchase a 360 elite, currently have a 360 premium. How do I go about tranfserring over all my data from my current Hard drive to the new one??

I've read about these transfer cables, but do shops do it for free?

Thanks in advance..

I think you can register to receive one on the Xbox website. Fill in the serial number of the Elite and they'll send you a cable out.

Do The Dance
I think you can register to receive one on the Xbox website. Fill in the serial number of the Elite and they'll send you a cable out.

I do see that, but then it means I'll not be using my 120gb hard drive until Microsoft get the finger out and send me the cable. Does anyone know of game shops that offer transfers, or can provide a cable?

jack D and coke
I do see that, but then it means I'll not be using my 120gb hard drive until Microsoft get the finger out and send me the cable. Does anyone know of game shops that offer transfers, or can provide a cable?

If you buy the 120gig HD on it's own its comes with a data transfer cable to transfer your saves and what not from your 20gig to the new one but wouldn't know if the elite comes with one. Was thinking about upgrading to the elite myself so wouldn't mind finding out.

Go to http://www.xbox.com and go to the forums. Probably be your best bet mate.

If not i'm sure if you asked in GAME or somewhere like that they'll know.

Do The Dance
What's the difference? Bigger Hard drive? I've heard the difference in picture in unnoticable.

C'mon, it's black - way cooler ... :P

Nah, seriously, I've just got the red ring of death for the 2nd time. So instead of waiting 3 weeks for the xbox to get fixed, I'm buying an Elite console, which saves me upgrading the HD, plus the HDMI cable is handy. I'll then sell my premium console when I get it back from Microsoft.

I know the reliability is no better with the Elite mind.

C'mon, it's black - way cooler ... :P

Nah, seriously, I've just got the red ring of death for the 2nd time. So instead of waiting 3 weeks for the xbox to get fixed, I'm buying an Elite console, which saves me upgrading the HD, plus the HDMI cable is handy. I'll then sell my premium console when I get it back from Microsoft.

I know the reliability is no better with the Elite mind.

I keep hearing of this red ring, what is it?

Comical answers welcome.

I keep hearing of this red ring, what is it?

Comical answers welcome.

Basically something in the 360 gets fried and as a result will not function at all anymore.

There are different indications. For example I think 2 red lights means its jsut too hot. 4 lights means there is a hardware malfunction and it fecked.

It's what you get the morning after a vindaloo.

ha ha brilliant..think it means yer xbox fecked..saying that mines sounds like an aeroplane takin off

BoJack Horseman
Basically something in the 360 gets fried and as a result will not function at all anymore.

There are different indications. For example I think 2 red lights means its jsut too hot. 4 lights means there is a hardware malfunction and it fecked.

4 lights means your cables aren't plugged in i'm sure. 3 lights means it's knackered.

Do The Dance
4 lights means your cables aren't plugged in i'm sure. 3 lights means it's knackered.

Def 3 lights for me, 2nd time I've had it now.

Purchased the Elite today, free copy of Mass Effect with it (?259.99). Continuing to use the 20GB hard drive until Microsoft send me a transfer cable (which is free). Sending away the form for it tomorrow.

Do The Dance

Yep, apparently there's some chip with 200 or so pins in it. If even one of those pins melts, yer machine's gone.

Archived