Top 10 Memorable Hmfc Games

H.A.N.S

On the back of the video of the 1990 derby at the dive.

Is that one of your most memorable games? Or does it not make it into your selections.

The 2 big cups wins and Hampden derby massacre will be nailed on in everyone's three I'd imagine so maybe only 7 game after them.

Winning at Ibrox 3-0.

Loved the chip for the second and should have been more IMO.

:thumbsup:

I didn't make any cup finals either in 98 or 06 although I was at the Semi v Hibs. Other than these two I've not seen too many hugely memorable games. Bad timing maybe?

so many to choose from,but the 7-1 v dunfermline was awesome the football we played that day was awesome it should have been 13-1 ..or a 4-1 victory new years day at the council rubbish dump think it was early 90s big disco dave scoring that night..or the 0-3 at ibrox and me running on the track and on the edge of the pitch :thumbsup:

1. The Hampden Semi

2. Gretna cup final

3. Hearts v Aberdeen (Champions League decider)

4. 98 Cup final (wasn't at the game which is why it is below the top 3, if I was there I'd imagine it would be number 1)

5. Hearts 1-0 Rangers 2005/06 - The day I genuinely believed we were in with a chance of the title.

6. Hears 1-2 AEK Athens - The Champions League dream

7. Hearts 1-2 Rangers - Davisgate, for all the wrong reasons

8.Hearts 4-1 Hibs 2006 - We obliterated them that day, should have been about 10-0. Best performance against Hibs I've seen (barring the Cup Semi)

9.Hearts 2-3 Celtic - The day the title race was over. Much like number 7, for all the wrong reasons.

10. Hearts 1-1 Celtic - Quitongo's equaliser in the 99th minute.

1 - Gretna Final

2 - Hampden Semi

3 - 98 Cup Final (never made it, but will never forget it either)

4 - Hearts 3-1 Celtic...p0ab has it on youtube, amazing atmosphere the whole home end signing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

5 - Hearts 4-2 Slavia Prague, was about 9years old, amazing atmosphere and what a winning goal.

6 - Hearts 4-4 Hibs now that is a game no-one there will ever be able to forget.

7 - Hearts 1-0 Bayern Munich. Was 7 so never got to the game but my dad woke me up at 10pm afterwards to watch the highlights. Amazed my P3 class the next day when i had a programme from the game for show and tell.

8 - Hearts 2-1 Aberdeen...96 semi, having been going to hearts games since 89 this was the first time i'd seen us win a semi final. the hearts fans were in full voice for the WHOLE game.

9 - Hearts 4-2 Rangers. Scottish Cup game in 1995. 2 nil halftime lead cancelled out at the start of the 2nd half. Robbo with the third straight after & who can forget Big Slims run for the 4th.

10 - Hearts 2-1 St Mirren 1989 Can't actually remember anything about the game except the score and that it was my first.

Malcolm Tucker

Hearts 4-4 Hibs

Hearts 4-0 Hibs (Hampden)

Hearts 1-1 Gretna (Hearts win 4-2 on penalties)

Hearts 3-1 Falkrik (Ibrox, 1998)

Hearts 1-0 Aberdeen (2006)

Hearts 5-1 Hibs

Hearts 3-2 Stuttgart

Hearts 3-2 Hibs (Christmas 2006)

Hearts 2-1 Hibs (Juanjo, European qualification)

Hearts 4-0 Hibs (Skacel, Hartley, Simmons, Miko, YASS)

That's off the top of my head. Never went to the '98 final, hence its omission from the list.

1. 98 final

2. 06 Semi

3. 06 final

4. Ibrox 96 - 3-0 win

5. 98 semi

6. 96 semi

7. Parkhead 31/10/07 - 2-0 win

8. Fozzy on the fence

9. Bayern Munich

10. 4-0 vs wee team under Burley

Does anyone remember the SC QF in March 89 at Parkhead when Burns was decked and Alan Mclaren, Tosh McKinlay and Mick McCarthy were sent off inside a minute?

In my top 10 even though we got beat, the atmosphere was so aggressive that day fans from both sides fighting to get on the pitch and run at each other.

I remember some Jambos down at the very bottom of the terrace getting crushed over the barrier due to sheer weight of all the fans screaming and rushing down the terrace at the same time trying to get on the field. Was so close to a full scale riot when it all kicked off on the park.

I was 15 and getting back to the car alive after full time was a feat in itself, we had parked at the wrong end of the ground and had to walk through the home support with Hearts tops and scarfs proudly displayed for them all to see. Still cant believe we made it home in one piece.

Id pay good money to anyone with a video of that match BTW :whistling::thumbsup:

Hearts 4 - 0 hibs ( hampden semi )

Hearts 5 - 1 hibs

Bordeaux 0 - 1 Hearts ( was on my bday 8th think )

hearts 4 - 4 hearts

hearts hampden final v Gretna

hearts 4 - 1 hibs

hearts v Celtic ( bouzid header )

hearts v dons Champs league decider

hearts win v rangers, can't remember wen or score..

hearts 2 - dinamo Zagreb

Ranger 1-2 Hearts,98 Cup Final

Hearts 4-0 Hibs,Hampden semi

Hearts 1-0 Bayern

Dundee United 0-3 Hearts '86

Hibs 1 - 2 Hearts, Fozzy cup game

Bordeaux 0-1 Hearts

Hibs 0-3 Hearts , the 'riot' game

Basel 1-2 Hearts

Hearts 1-1 Gretna cup final

Hearts 5-1 Loko Liepzig - My 1st 'big' game :)

Probably the most memorable games I've been at, probably omitted a couple of obvious ones but those were all memorable for one reason or another.

1) 98 final

2) 06 semi final

3) 06 final (even though it was a very forgettable match

4) 1-0 v Aberdeen to seal 2nd

4) 4-4 Weir derby.

5) 3-2 v Stuttgart

6) 4-3 league cup final defeat (memorable if not the happiest of days)

7) 2-2 with Braga away (MDV at the double)

8) 2-1 win away at Basel

9) 4-2 win v Slavia Prague (92?)

10) The day we got 4 sent off at Ibrox and the Hearts fans doing the conga in the away end

In date order;

Hearts v The Vermin at the San Giro in 1978 (2-1 Hearts) - My first derby and the first time we'd beat them in 4 seasons.

Dundee Utd at Tannadice in 1986 (3-0 Hearts) - The day I truly believed that we were going to win the league.

Bayern at Tynie in 1988 (1-0 Hearts) - Just unbelievable.

The 'Mercer derby' at the San Giro in 1990 (3-0 Hearts) - The whole day was utterly electric.

Fozzy on the fence at the San Giro in 1994 (2-1 Hearts) - Battered for 90 minutes and put out the cup in the last minute by the man they all laughed at.

Rangers in the cup at Tynie in 1994 (4-2 Hearts) - Fantastic game.

Cup Final 1998 (2-1 Hearts) - The first time I think I genuinely cried with happiness.

Big Semi 2006 (4-0 Hearts) - Best game ever. Outclassed in every respect.

Aberdeen Champs League qualification in 2006 (1-0 Hearts) - The second time I cried with happiness.

Cup Final 2006 (4-2 Hearts on pens) - Watching the JT's win the cup again with the wee one at her first game. It doesn't get much better.

The 4-4 game probably would have made it too if I hadn't stormed out in the huff at 3-2 :lol:

Cup Final 1998 v Rangers

Cup Final 2006 v Gretna

Cup Semi Final 1996 v Aberdeen (finally getting to a final after 10 years of losing to Airdrie etc)

Cup Semi Final 2006 v Hibernian

2006 v Aberdeen, reaching the Champions League qualifiers

2006 v Siroki Brijeg Away, can't believe I have a ticket with a Hearts badge and a Champions League logo within an inch of each other!

2003 v Bordeaux away, good times

1998 v Celtic 1-1, unbelievable last minute relief

1989 v Bayern Munich, within a post width of Maradona at Tynecastle

1998 v Dundee Utd, 1-0 at Tannadice, my 21st birthday ish, 6000 away fans and the day I thought we might just nick the league

1986 v Dundee Utd, 3-0 at Tannadice, see above, most of it comparative

98 Final,

2006 Semi

5-1 vs Loko

4-4 vs hubz ( Weir)

5-1 vs hubz ( MDV)

4-0 vs hubz ( Start of the Burley reign)

3-2 vs hubz ( Robbo and Jimmy Bone)

4-1 vs hubz ( 1973 The rematch)

1-0 vs Bayern

4-1 vs Burnley

Left out the 2006 final. Delighted we won it though, but as someone said previously, instantly forgetable match

Ironic isn't it. I can deselect a match that most hubz fans would have at the top of their list. Asif.

5-1 win against hibs with MDV and his 4.

First game i took my son too, can remember nearly losing him from elation :woot:

Hearts 2-1 Rangers (May 1998)

Hibernian 0-4 Hearts (April 2006)

Hibernian 0-4 Hearts (January 1997)

Hearts 1-0 Rangers (September 2005)

Dundee Utd 0-1 Hearts (March 1998 I think)

Hibernian 1-3 Hearts (September 1996 I think)

Rangers 4-3 Hearts (November 1996)

Aberdeen 1-2 Hearts (April 1996)

Kilmarnock 2-4 Hearts (July 2005)

Hearts 1-1 Celtic (February 1998)

Never went to the 98 final, that's why it's not on my list.

1. 2006 cup final

2. 2006 semi final

3. 1-0 v Aberdeen to seal 2nd

4. 3-1 v Falkirk,scottish semi 1998

5. 1-0 v Hibs, when we p*ssed all over their wee cup parade

6. 1-0 v huns 2004, the one and only time ive seen us win at Ibrox

7. 3-2 v Stuttgart, one of the best atmospheres i have been at

8. 2-1 v Hobos, Stampy last minute

9. 5-1 v Hobos, the De Vries game

10. 1-1 V Dhims, Quitongo last minute equaliser.

MacDonald Jardine

1. 1998 Cup Final

2. Hibs Semi Final 2006

3. Falkirk Semi Final 1998

4. 2006 Cup Final

5. Hibs August 1983 (3-2 in the first derby in years and first win in even longer)

6. Hibs August 1990

7. Hibs 4-4

8. Aberdeen Champions League game

9. Bayern Munich 1-0

10. Dundee LC 1995ish 4-4, lost on pens but incredible game

in no particular order

both cup finals

semi vs hibs

semi vs dons

2-1 celtic in coca cola cup after 4 sent off at ibrox

stampiones

braga away

prague at home with glyn snodins free kick

atletico madrid at home

4-0 away at easter road

1. 1998 Cup Final

2. Hibs Semi Final 2006

3. Falkirk Semi Final 1998

4. 2006 Cup Final

5. Hibs August 1983 (3-2 in the first derby in years and first win in even longer)

6. Hibs August 1990

7. Hibs 4-4

8. Aberdeen Champions League game

9. Bayern Munich 1-0

10. Dundee LC 1995ish 4-4, lost on pens but incredible game

Good shout on that one.

I'll never forget Henry Smith stepping up to take a penalty. One step run up and trying to curl it in the top corner. Boy did he get it wrong!

1. 98 cup win

2. Cup win at Easter Road - Foster goal

3. 2006 Semi final

4. 1-0 V Rangers, early 90's, Crabbe screamer

5. 4-0 V Hibs 2005

6. 3-2 V Velez Mostar

7. 2-1 at Parkhead, early 90's, Miller & Crabbe

8. 2-0 Cup win at Hibs 2009

9. League cup final 1996. I know we lost but played magic

10. 5-1 at Pittodrie late 90's

Of course most have been mentioned but when someone asks what was one of the most memorable games I've been to was, it would be Hearts 2-0 versus Kilmarnock near the end of the 05/06 season .. It was 0-0 up until 60 odd minutes and I remember someone at the front on section N gettin pissed of and throwing his scarf away, only for 5 minutes later Paul Hartley to score a peach of a free kick. After that goal the whole stadium was rocking and someone set off a smoke bomb in N. Berra also scored a goal later on and that game helped us secure 2nd place.

Victor Meldrew

For me, some of the most 'memorable' games were defeats. Here's my top 10 (but in no particular order)

1. 1998 Scottish Cup Final

2. 2006 Scottish Cup Final

3. 2006 Scottish Cup Semi-final

4. 1996 League Cup Final

5. Dens Park 3/5/86

6. Ne'ers Day Game 1997 (4-1 Win)

7. Scottish Cup Quarter Final 1994 (Fozzie!)

8. Hearts 2-1 Hibs 1985 (I was mascot)

9. Scottish Cup semi 1988 (Henry dropping the ball)

10. 2-1 win at Ibrox at the tail end of the 1988 season which pretty much guaranteed us second ahead of Der Hun

Gregory House M.D.

10. Hearts 2-1 Celtic 09/10

Singing "So here it is, MERRY CHRISTMAS" after Bouzid diving header.

9. Hearts 3-0 Dundee United 08/09

Sending us into the Europa League and seeing Leveins face after his time wasting comments earlier the same season.

8. Hearts 4-2 Rangers 07/08(?)

Sitting in Berwick surrounded by Rangers fans and being the only one celebrating in the whole place.

7. Hearts 4-4 Hibs 02/03 (?)

Hearing the Hibs fans singing after the penalty to make it 4-2 only for wee Graham to score 2 in injury time.

6. Hearts 5-1 Hibs 02/03

Sitting in the house with my hibs supporting big cousin who was so confident of a win and said "Who?" when Mark De Vries' name was announced for the starting line up. Also for Jean Luis Valois(sp?) Unbelievable pass.

5. Hearts 4-1 Hibs 05/06 The Sir Wallace Mercer match

For the rememberance of Sir Wallace Mercer after a disgraceful booing and singing through a 1 minute applause.

4. Hearts 4-0 Hibernian 05/06

The first home outing of the classiest team since the 50's.

Gregory House M.D.

3. Hearts 2-1 Rangers Scottish Cup Final 1998

Never made it to the game but remember crying at the end as the camera swooped round Celtic Park showing scenes of sheer pride.

2. Hearts 1-1 Gretna Final 06

My first and only attendance of a final. Was absolutely magical stuff and can still remember being in floods of tears singing "Rudi Skacel is a ******* goal machine" as he done his final lap of honour round Hampden Park with his T-shirt saying "Thank You Jambos. I will never forget".

1. Hearts 4-0 Hibs Semi 06

For the big fat guy at the start of the games innovative rendition of "Aw the Hibees are Gay", For the empty seats in the Hibs end, For the hundreds of inflatable bananas and monkeys, For the singing, For the "Hunners aee Hibs buses goat turnt awaw natanaw ken?" excuse, For Mikos Tackle, For Janny's goal and last but not least For Hartleys Hat-trick.

Gregory House M.D.

Of course most have been mentioned but when someone asks what was one of the most memorable games I've been to was, it would be Hearts 2-0 versus Kilmarnock near the end of the 05/06 season .. It was 0-0 up until 60 odd minutes and I remember someone at the front on section N gettin pissed of and throwing his scarf away, only for 5 minutes later Paul Hartley to score a peach of a free kick. After that goal the whole stadium was rocking and someone set off a smoke bomb in N. Berra also scored a goal later on and that game helped us secure 2nd place.

I was at this game. The trumpet that threw his scarf was getting pelters. I can just remember Bouncing around section N in a cloud of red smoke singing "We are the Hearts!" What a game that was! For some reason i thought it was Aberdeen.

Apart from the two cup wins.

1) 4-0 vs. Hibs SF.

2) 5-1 vs. Hibs De Vries hat-trick

3) 5-3 vs. Killie around 97 great game of football.

4) 4-1 vs. Aberdeen at Pittodrie 97, Flogel got two.

5) 4-2 vs. Rangers a couple of seasons back.

:thumbsup:

Great thread..

1. The Hibs Semi.. greatest game i will probably ever see.. most tension before it and most elation after..

2. 98 Cup Final - great to see Hearts finally win something.. i was only 17 so probably hadnt been waiting as long as some

3. 2-1 Stampy - outplayed for 80 odd minutes and came back to really get it up them

4. 4-4 Weir - what a game, was thinking about leaving at 4-2 but it was to busy at the exit so decided to wait a couple more mins

5. 3-2 away to Celtic - first time i had seen us beat the vermin through there.. outplayed them..

6. 1-0 Bayern - was only 8 or this might have been higher.. sat in the family section that is now Section N, awesome atmosphere

7. 2-1 v Celtic Andy Thorn game, Robbos winner, sendings off, fantastic

8. 3-2 v Stuggart - What an atmosphere again for this game.. if only Petric had scored probably would have been top 5

9. 1-0 v Bordeaux - Again this was a great game.. might have been higher if i wasnt the drunkest man in France

10. game to secure 2nd against Aberdeen - good game and it meant we could go through to Ibrox without needing a result

Games not included - Was at the Gretna final - Hearts were poor, Dougie McDonald was even poorer.. not a great day but a great night

Games i wish i had been to - The game after Mercer tried to buy Hibs, 3-0 v Rangers Magic Johnstone hat-trick and the game at Ibrox when we had 4 players sent off..

10. Celtic 1 Hearts 2 - Jan 1992

9. Hearts 3 Celtic 1 - Nov 1991

8. Hearts 1 Dundee Utd 0 - Scottish Cup semi 1986

7. Hearts 1 Bayern Munich 0 - 1989

6. Hearts 5 Hibs 1 - Aug 2002

5. Hearts 1 Rangers 0 - Sep 2005

4. Hearts 1 Aberdeen 0 - May 3rd 2006

3. Hearts 1 Gretna 1 - Scottish Cup Final

2. Hibs 0 Hearts 4 - Scottish Cup Semi

1. Hearts 2 Rangers 1 - Scottish Cup Final

Nos 10 to 5 are in no real order. I can't say I enoyed the 2006 Scottish Cup Final but I enjoyed winning it and the subsequent clebrations. There are loads more I could've picked. I base some of the goal celebrations and post-match bevvy sessions, as opposed to great football matches. On that basis, the 2-1 win over Aberdeen in the cup (1996) should really be in there.

All of mine have been mentioned bar a couple.

1986 New Years Day.3-1 Against the vermin.I think it was our first New Years day derby win for years.

A 2-1 win at Fester Rd.D O'Connor scoring a last minute winner after a C Levein equaliser.Pitch invasions,Wallace going mental at the behaviour of our support.Frankie Says t-shirts to celebrate.

Archived