Is It Just Me..................

Macros

How come we seem to have such a horrendous injury list no matter if it's the start, middle or end of the season? Is it the artificial surface at Riccarton or do we have the worst physio's in the country? We never lose a player for a game or two, it's months at a time. Can't remember the last time I saw the caption "Has a full squad to choose from" being said about Hearts.

How come we seem to have such a horrendous injury list no matter if it's the start, middle or end of the season? Is it the artificial surface at Riccarton or do we have the worst physio's in the country? We never lose a player for a game or two, it's months at a time. Can't remember the last time I saw the caption "Has a full squad to choose from" being said about Hearts.

MOD EDIT

Are we just unlucky? Is it the surface? Is it trainig methods? i don`t know but it is frustrating as im sure it is very for the players themselves.

Seems more bad luck to me.

I fully accept technical injuries can`t be played with but i wonder sometimes(more in the recent past) if alot of our players ducked out of games with impact injuries, injuries you can play through basically.

More modern techniques etc..can pick out injuries better than before but i think players were made of sterner stuff in years gone by. Maybe its just the way players are brought up now?

Thundercats Are Go

What the OP said is true though...

TBH i dont think it is, yes we have injuries, as do many teams, most i assume happen in matches not on the training pitch (which for the most part is grass)

TBH i dont think it is, yes we have injuries, as do many teams, most i assume happen in matches not on the training pitch (which for the most part is grass)

I think the point would be that a dodgy training surface can contribute to an injury occuring rather than said surface single handedly crippling our team.

And it is a valid point, if the management do feel we're gettin more than your average share of injuries then the two most natural things to look at first would be training surfaces and medical staff.

Thundercats Are Go

I think the point would be that a dodgy training surface can contribute to an injury occuring rather than said surface single handedly crippling our team.

And it is a valid point, if the management do feel where gettin more than your average share of injuries then the two most natural things to look at first would be training surfaces and medical staff.

They train mostly on grass.

Well things might be looking up by the time of the Celtic match.

Driver -- will be back in full time training by then

Elliot S -- will be back training next week

Elliot C -- seems as though may only miss tomorrow

Obua -- back in full training

Glen -- will be back in full time training by then

Now if there are no more added to the list (Wallace, Zal and Barr for example) then we may well have an almost full squad.

Now just win tomorrow and buy a bit of breathing space for all of the above then cross our fingers that we have no more major injuries.

Midfield Terrier

It could be something as basic as footwear. Footballers are quite a vain bunch so they might pick boots that look good but aren't appropriate for the surface they are playing on.

However you'd expect the physios to keep a note of the type of injury sustained, the circumstances (movement of the player), pitch they where playing on and of course boots they had on. Hopefully they can determine a pattern, if any, and if there is any problem with pitch surface and inappropriate boots the players take this into account.

Thundercats Are Go

Yup, and grass is still a training surace.

FFS grow up. The OP went on about training on an artificial surface, go ruin another thread and leave people actually discussing the matter to do so.

FFS grow up. The OP went on about training on an artificial surface, go ruin another thread and leave people actually discussing the matter to do so.

I am discussin the matter, if you had been able to understand the point this whole fiasco could have been avoided.

Thundercats Are Go

I am discussin the matter, if you had been able to understand the point this whole fiasco could have been avoided.

MOD EDIT

If your not able to understand the point that its a grass pitch they train on, and not a plastic one as the OP stated then your even more stupid than i thought. Ill avoid your posts in the future as all i can see is a disagreeable little man.

You come over as a cretin.

If your not able to understand the point that its a grass pitch they train on, and not a plastic one as the OP stated then your even more stupid than i thought. Ill avoid your posts in the future as all i can see is a disagreeable little man.

I fully understand yer point of playing on grass all petty jibes aside. Just cos the pitch is grass doesnt make it any less of a hazzard if its not in the correct nic, wether its a grass pitch or an artificial pitch if we have an overt amount of injuries the first places too look would be the training pitches and the medical team. Thats my point, thats what you havent seemed to grasp.

WIth your statement of We always get our injuries in games not on the training pitch, is worthy of more contempt than I orginally gave you, a trully idiotic thing to come away with.

Maybe the main training pitch is particularly heavy as we seem to pick up a load of muscle injuries.

Thundercats Are Go

I fully understand yer point of playing on grass all petty jibes aside. Just cos the pitch is grass doesnt make it any less of a hazzard if its not in the correct nic, wether its a grass pitch or an artificial pitch if we have an overt amount of injuries the first places too look would be the training pitches and the medical team. Thats my point, thats what you havent seemed to grasp.

WIth your statement of We always get our injuries in games not on the training pitch, is worthy of more contempt than I orginally gave you, a trully idiotic thing to come away with.

Where do i say we always get injuries in games? oh thats right i didnt.

Dont bother responding to me as i wont respond to you as i regard you as a horrific poster always out to try and score points.

good day.

i seem to remember there was an english team that moved away from their training ground as they were picking up too many thigh strains, or whatever. Not saying that'll happen to us, but its often nothing to do with grass/astro it was to do with the ground itself.

i seem to remember there was an english team that moved away from their training ground as they were picking up too many thigh strains, or whatever. Not saying that'll happen to us, but its often nothing to do with grass/astro it was to do with the ground itself.

Boro iirc.

Thundercats Are Go

Is there a list of who is out and why on the site?

I thought it plausible that last season the horrendous injury list was a mixture of inadequate fitness levels and sheer bad luck.

The fact that we seem to have started this season with the same problem is very disappointing and frustrating.

Where do i say we always get injuries in games? oh thats right i didnt.

Dont bother responding to me as i wont respond to you as i regard you as a horrific poster always out to try and score points.

good day.

This, this is you " TBH i dont think it is, yes we have injuries, as do many teams, most i assume happen in matches not on the training pitch "

I'll respond as I see fit, Im glad you regard me as anything tbh Ive no idea generally who you are.

Jambof3tornado

is it down to the fact that we are over reacting and that all teams suffer injuries and we are no worse off than anyone else?

Archived