Wallace Wanted Man.....

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Should the timing of this story worry us!!

JIM JEFFERIES has stressed the importance of keeping Lee Wallace at Hearts after the current transfer window, joking that he won't be answering phone calls before Tuesday night in case clubs try to make late bids for the Scotland defender.

Wallace, 23, is contracted to Tynecastle until June 2012 but has attracted attention from England, where Birmingham City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland have all been credited with an interest. His form has been impeccable for Hearts in recent season

and he was appointed vice-captain of the club last month.

Jefferies is not surprised by the list of suitors but insists he has no wish to sell. He said: "Like a lot of managers, you are waiting for the call. Lee is one of our top players and our vice-captain. We'll hope the phone doesn't go with somebody making us an offer we can't turn down, so I won't be answering the phone too readily.

"Lee is outstanding every week for us. He can drive us forward from the left-back position and this could be a big season for him with Hearts and Scotland. I just keep my fingers crossed nobody comes in but it's always possible." Hearts will take a late decision on the fitness of striker Calum Elliot for tomorrow's SPL clash with Dundee United. A slight tweak of a knee ligament kept him out of Tuesday's Co-operative Cup win over Elgin and, although he is still doubtful, coaching staff are prepared to wait until tomorrow morning before making a decision.

Stephen Elliott, meanwhile, is unlikely to feature against United due to his hamstring problem and is expected to recuperate during the forthcoming international break

Seymour M Hersh

JIM JEFFERIES has stressed the importance of keeping Lee Wallace at Hearts after the current transfer window, joking that he won't be answering phone calls before Tuesday night in case clubs try to make late bids for the Scotland defender.

Wallace, 23, is contracted to Tynecastle until June 2012 but has attracted attention from England, where Birmingham City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland have all been credited with an interest. His form has been impeccable for Hearts in recent season

Jefferies is not surprised by the list of suitors but insists he has no wish to sell. He said: "Like a lot of managers, you are waiting for the call. Lee is one of our top players and our vice-captain. We'll hope the phone doesn't go with somebody making us an offer we can't turn down, so I won't be answering the phone too readily.

"Lee is outstanding every week for us. He can drive us forward from the left-back position and this could be a big season for him with Hearts and Scotland. I just keep my fingers crossed nobody comes in but it's always possible." Hearts will take a late decision on the fitness of striker Calum Elliot for tomorrow's SPL clash with Dundee United. A slight tweak of a knee ligament kept him out of Tuesday's Co-operative Cup win over Elgin and, although he is still doubtful, coaching staff are prepared to wait until tomorrow morning before making a decision.

Stephen Elliott, meanwhile, is unlikely to feature against United due to his hamstring problem and is expected to recuperate during the forthcoming international break

What paper was it in?

Cant believe he is still at the club - he entered Craig Gordon land of outgrowing the club a while back.

He is a smashing football player.

One of Dennis Neilson's one to watch in the coming season.

Dennis again has proved to be a keen observer of the Scottish game and who can make the jump as a Premiership player.7

nilsen1.jpg

Im beggining to think all these injury concerns for hearts are just to try and surprise dundee UTD come match day and make them have to make late alterations to their match plan which could throw them off balance. I reckon Lee will be fit, Barr and Zal. After being told Elliot needs an operation from someone im douting myself but I think he will be playing aswell, or at least make the bench.

On topic however, I wouldnt read too much into it, if Lee goes its a knock but we are going to get a good price for him, 3 mill +?

The teams in bold have alot of money so i think this is much better news than championship/old firm clubs intrested in him cause this could result in alot more money coming back into the club :thumbsup:

the concern is if a bid comes in that vlad finds acceptable, we will have no left back with basically no time to get anyone in.

the options would be ruben who has had some excellent performances at left back. Eggert Jonsson good do job at left back (along with any position you ask him to play). Obua whe he was sign was siad to be left mid or left back but any time he as been in as cover at left back has had mares.

Is there any young left backs coming through?

Drylaw Hearts

I'd hate to lose Lee Wallace.

He offers more from LB than most of the midfielders at the club.

A top, top player.

I am increasingly fearful that we may lose him before deadline day. We have no replacement and would be really stuck for a left back until the December transfer window.

Do The Dance

the concern is if a bid comes in that vlad finds acceptable, we will have no left back with basically no time to get anyone in.

the options would be ruben who has had some excellent performances at left back. Eggert Jonsson good do job at left back (along with any position you ask him to play). Obua whe he was sign was siad to be left mid or left back but any time he as been in as cover at left back has had mares.

Is there any young left backs coming through?

I would imagine JJ has a plan and has maybe even made enquiries for players in the LB and LM positions at other clubs in the chance that wallace or driver is sold.. Maybe.

I'd hate to lose Lee Wallace.

He offers more from LB than most of the midfielders at the club.

A top, top player.

Have to agree last season and this been a constant high level performer.........we dont want to lose him :angry:

Chad Sexington

Cant believe he is still at the club - he entered Craig Gordon land of outgrowing the club a while back.

He is a smashing football player.

One of Dennis Neilson's one to watch in the coming season.

Dennis again has proved to be a keen observer of the Scottish game and who can make the jump as a Premiership player.7

nilsen1.jpg

Dennis is very critical of Scottish teams performance in Europe this season in his latest podcast. :(

Dennis is very critical of Scottish teams performance in Europe this season in his latest podcast. :(

Sometimes the truth hurts, Chad- Scottish football really needs to listen to a few home truths.

If Dennis is the pied piper on this subject, then so be it.

Archived