U19's V Kilmarnock

japanjambo

Under 19's are 4-0 up on Kilmarnock just now. Kicked off at 11am. My pal is there, but she's not sure of the scorers. She mentioned Walker, but not sure.

We're rattling in the goals at all levels! :thumbsup: (touch wood)

Lynn :ninja:

6-0 now! Holy sheet the goals are raining in! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Hearts continued their form of last week, cruising to a 6-0 win over Kilmarnock and dominating possession for much of the game.

Darren Murrays side showed a couple of changes due to injury, with Shaun Hill coming in for Kevin McHattie at left back and Billy King replacing Rob Ogleby.

Hearts lineup

Fairley

Mullen, McCormack, Hamilton, Hill

Morton (Kane), Holt, Prychynenko, D Smith, King (Tobin)

Walker

Hearts quickly got themselves into their passing rythym and it was no surprise when they went ahead after 8 minutes with a low shot by Dave Smith from the edge of the box. Hearts put together a passing move of around 20 passes in the lead up to the goal.

Jordan Morton almost made it 2-0 five minutes later when he crashed a left foot shot of the bar. The ball fell to Jason Holt who perhaps should have done better than knock the rebound over the bar. The second goal was only delayed another five minutes when Morton got his sights spot on this time, with another sweet strike from 20 yards that flew into the top corner.

Hearts continued to play at the same level and Jamie Walker put them 3-0 up after 26 minutes when he rode a challenge at the edge of the box and did well to stay on his feet to slam the ball past the keeper from 8 yards.

The fourth goal came after 35 minutes when a Fraser Mullen corner found Shaun Hill beyond the back post and he finished well with a shot into the far corner.

4-0 at HT and the score flattered Kilmarnock.

The first 20 mins of the 2nd half was more even as Hearts lost their passing and movement, much to the annoyance of Darren Murray. However they scored a fifth goal after 65 minutes from Jason Holt, who made a great run to get onto the end of a long ball from Mullen into the right channel. Jason finished cooly with a shot across the keeper. The goal settled Hearts once again and they gradually got back to their passing game.

The sixth goal came five minutes from time when Jamie Walker pounced of a bit of slack play in the centre of the Killie defence, taking the ball round the keeper and finished from a tight angle.

Overall , another fine performance from (an understrength?) side. Best performances for Hearts were from Colin Hamilton, Jordan Morton (1st half) and Jason Holt (2nd half).

Their next game will probably be a bit more challenging when they play Celtic at home on 11th September.

Full Time 6-0. Scorers D Smith, Morton, Walker (2), Hill, Holt - Report shortly

Cheers :thumbsup:

Lynn :ninja:

Just back from the match, thought we would take in an under 19s game for my boys first game. Really good game, a a few cracking goals really looking good for the future, I'm not so sure about the names but the players that stood out that looked really good is our number 2 right back, good control passed well very attack minded and fast, our number 10 looked good and the striker, number 9. Killie were woeful though, no shape just looked like 11 lads stuck in a team and sent out to play. Good trip up and looking forward to next one.

jamboinglasgow

Just back from the match, thought we would take in an under 19s game for my boys first game. Really good game, a a few cracking goals really looking good for the future, I'm not so sure about the names but the players that stood out that looked really good is our number 2 right back, good control passed well very attack minded and fast, our number 10 looked good and the striker, number 9. Killie were woeful though, no shape just looked like 11 lads stuck in a team and sent out to play. Good trip up and looking forward to next one.

no. 2 = Fraser Mullen

no. 9 = Jamie Walker

no. 10 = David Smith

Was at the game as well, thought well done to the lads but funny thing is that I dont think Hearts are hitting top form yet so producing top wins like this when there is much more in the tank is very impressive. Thought the goals were taken well, Jordon almost producing an identical goal to his first last week, been impressed with him, moving to right side seems to be doing wonders for him. Jamie Walker doing well up front, though there are times he is quite slow to get back. Fraser had the second good performance of the season, the long pass to Jason Holt for his goal was perfect. Colin Hamilton did really well in defence, best moment was when he was in the corner with a Killie player when he suddenly falls, which gives the Killie player the perfect oppourtunity to get the ball into the box, but on the floor Colin knocks the ball past the Killie player then knocks to his Hearts team-mate.

There is now a two week break before Hearts play their next match, a very tough one against Celtic (who beat Hamilton 8-0 last week.) If Hearts want go for the title they need a good result from that match.

Footballfirst

There is now a two week break before Hearts play their next match, a very tough one against Celtic (who beat Hamilton 8-0 last week.) If Hearts want go for the title they need a good result from that match.

I know that it's good to be positive but lets not set expectations so high just two games into the season.

The other results this weekend were

Hamilton Accies 1-2 Aberdeen

Motherwell 2-0 Inverness CT

Celtic 3-0 St Johnstone

Dundee United 1-0 Hibernian

Hearts 6-0 Kilmarnock

Rangers 1-0 St Mirren

...... which means that Hearts are equal top with Celtic with identical for and against records. However there are still five teams with maximum points................... and Hibs still with none :whistling:

Sierra Delta

I see that Scott Robinson didn't play, perhaps in the first team squad tomorrow?

I know that it's good to be positive but lets not set expectations so high just two games into the season.

The other results this weekend were

Hamilton Accies 1-2 Aberdeen

Motherwell 2-0 Inverness CT

Celtic 3-0 St Johnstone

Dundee United 1-0 Hibernian

Hearts 6-0 Kilmarnock

Rangers 1-0 St Mirren

...... which means that Hearts are equal top with Celtic with identical for and against records. However there are still five teams with maximum points................... and Hibs still with none :whistling:

Celtic will be a little concerned their conveyor belt appears to be drying up....

:whistling:

Archived