Scott Brown Is Not Captain Material

12XU

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Scott Brown is rubbish. The season before last he was praising Strachan for telling him when to make runs and when to stand still. Brown had already played for Hibs, Celtic & Scotland before he had learned this. Amazing. Only in Scotland would a player that doesn't know how to play the game get capped for his country and get bought for ?4.5 million. Celtic fans say they would be better off with a Border Collie playing centre midfiled - says a lot. Also an insight into why Scottish teams are always getting horsed by other countries' (at best) average teams.

Brown showed a lot of promise coming through at them when he was younger. In my opinion he has not progressed or developed as a player since then, and still shows the same naivety that he did when he was 17/18. In retrospect, Celtic paid over the odds for him due to the number of clubs sniffing about (Boro and Rangers if I recall), but they probably thought there was value in the vast potential he showed. The lad has stagnated, and looks a bit lost now to be honest. That's the way the cookie crumbles, and whilst you can accuse the old firm of ruining young players potential over the years, this one lies at the players door (maybe a little contribution from the numerous coaching staff he has had over the years). Maybe he is just too damn stupid, and lacks the footballing brain which would allow progression. Looks destined to be a perpetual headless chicken I reckon.

penicuik jambo

Scott Brown is a wee ******, overated player who's whole game is about chasing the ball like a school laddie and having sly kicks at players. Stevo outmuscled and outclassed him last time we played the beasts at tynie.

Nothing by Tom English is decent.

Except for his book on Scotland's grandslam of 1990.

Archived