Any Players In Our Team That Could Spend The Rest Of Their Careers...

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

at our club?

I reckon if Zal seals a new deal he could maybe spend the rest of his career here.

Guest vanbasten1874

at our club?

I reckon if Zal seals a new deal he could maybe spend the rest of his career here.

Emmm we're a selling club now !

Hope not. Teams go stale when they retain players for too long. Should really rotate a whole squad through every 4-5 years imo.

Hope not. Teams go stale when they retain players for too long. Should really rotate a whole squad through every 4-5 years imo.

Like Man Utd. :rolleyes:

Teuchterjambo

at our club?

These days are gone - and in the case of Zal that can only be good imho.

I know there will be many who disagree but for me the biggest weakness in the team is central defence and if Zal is the rock we are building our team around then we have a problem. He is not a bad player but nowhere near the level we require as the mainstay of the defence.

I suspect that one JJ is of similar opinion but is working away within the limits imposed - does anyone really think that JJ would have appointed a player whose contract had 5 months to run as captain. I have to confess now that I am unable to provide any proof of my interpretation of JJ's feelings before the Proof Positive Evidential Police round on me - just an opinion - like it or lump it !

Btw - nowhere do I state that he is a bad player just that he is not good enough in my opinion to build a team round and as the OP suggests spend the rest of his career with us.

Tin hat on.Eggert is a testimonial certainty.Good honest pro who has the makings of being a Hearts player for years to come.All in my opinion of course. :D

Tin hat on.Eggert is a testimonial certainty.Good honest pro who has the makings of being a Hearts player for years to come.All in my opinion of course. :D

I agree with this. He's got the best chance out of the lot. A solid reliable player who can feature in a number of positions but lacks any standout attribute that can take him to the next level.

And possibly, dare I say it, Calum Elliot?

Gregory House M.D.

Eggert Jonsson deserves to stay with us. I'd be seething if we sold him! How long has he been with us already? He could be our longest serving player considering he can play CM, CDM, RB, CB and most probably LB. He should be played every week at CM IMO and moved back to CDM then eventually CB as he gets older. Get the 'Hearts Legend- Eggert Jonsson' banner ready to be put in the rheptiles place. :thumbsup:

Why?

it seems odd to me in that we're trying think of players who, for whatever reason, cant realistically aspire to go to the uglies or the premiership but will always be sure of a game at tynie and would be happy to stay. Not that that makes it a bad thread, its just odd to be looking at good players but with something missing.

dont agree with eggy. he'll end up in the bundesliga in a few years. Tbh, id struggle to think of anyone who's in the not too hot\not too cold but just right range to make a testimonial.

Gregory House M.D.

it seems odd to me in that we're trying think of players who, for whatever reason, cant realistically aspire to go to the uglies or the premiership but will always be sure of a game at tynie and would be happy to stay. Not that that makes it a bad thread, its just odd to be looking at good players but with something missing.

dont agree with eggy. he'll end up in the bundesliga in a few years. Tbh, id struggle to think of anyone who's in the not too hot\not too cold but just right range to make a testimonial.

I don't think Eggert would want to leave does that make him a bad player? No it means he's not a moneygrabber

berrathanhibs

wallace, driver and eggert nah joke lol

black, ruben and suso nah just joking again :sweat:

You need more than effort and fitness for that league.Of all the young players that have come through in the Vlad years i have not heard of one rumour about Eggert going to another club.That what makes me think he will get a testimonial with us.

rossthejambo

Jonsson is the only player at the club who looks like he COULD stay here for the remainder of his career and enjoy it. He loves playing football, and loves playing for Hearts.

However, if he gets settled in a position and plays as well as he can on a consistent basis he'll be sold on IMO.

The fact he plays everywhere means that other clubs won't know what his best position is and won't want to risk signing him, which can only be good for us.

I don't think Eggert would want to leave does that make him a bad player? No it means he's not a moneygrabber

based on what? genuine question. i'm sure he's on a decent wage but he's young and more importantly he is ambitious. when an offer comes and when it is accepted he'll agree far better terms than he'll get here. its utterly fanciful to think some sort of loyalty would keep him here;especially when that same loyalty is unlikely to be reciprocated when somebody offers vlad 30pieces of silver.

You need more than effort and fitness for that league.Of all the young players that have come through in the Vlad years i have not heard of one rumour about Eggert going to another club.That what makes me think he will get a testimonial with us.

2 or 3 foreign clubs made substantial offers for him before he'd even made his full team debut; he's been well known about to decent clubs for a while. Considering he's yet to have a full settled season i thinks only a matter of time.

rossthejambo

A couple of seasons ago Werder Bremen were interested in signing Eggy.

and real madrid wanted steven fletcher :whistling:

and real madrid wanted steven fletcher :whistling:

whilst that was hyped out of proportion, robert snodgrass went on trial at barcelona. we've also sent several kids to man utd.

the fact remains that johnson has been known for a long time by a lot of big clubs. my thinkng is that as time goes by the chances of a club - and lets face it, they dont have to be huge - coming in are very high.

Harry Palmer

Indeed they were.

I would love it if Eggy were to stay at Heart of Midlothian forever but unlikely. Ideally, I would have him in midfield but just his actually not caring about where he's played so long as he's playing is a great attitude.

Future captain.

Creepy Lurker

It's an interesting question.

For a player to spend his whole career with us, he'd have to be good enough to play for us, but not quite good enough to move up a level to either the Old Firm or (preferably) down south. In other words, he'd have to be quite good, but not that good.

Do we want players like that in our side? As long as we also have a few 'stars' of the type who we probably won't be able to keep for a prolonged period of time, probably. Having said that, though, a good definition of that kind of player would've probably been Robbie Neilson, who divided opinion at the best of times...

Out of the current crop, I'd go along with Jonsson as a possible. If he gets a run in one position (preferably midfield), though, I could see him getting a move to a higher level Championship or lower Premiership side. The funny thing is that he'd probably do better at that level than some of the so-called 'stars' that we've had purely and simply because he's so adaptable and able to stick to basics which he (mostly) does well.

I'm sure that there's a point somewhere in this post...

Dr Ian Malcolm

Kyle.

He's 29 and realistioally only has one more contract left after this one. He seems delighted to be here. settled in Scotland and we're the biggest club he's likely to play fpr up here.

Stevenson could be another one.

Anyone who is under 28 and a reasonably good player will end up leaving.

linkin- hearts

Matty Park could make history as the first player to make his first team debut in his testimonial game. :whistling:

at our club?

it's not happend in the past 30 years so I don't see how it will happen now.

PS,why Zal?

Archived