This Is The Season

JamTarts1874

JamTarts1874

I know that it's early doors yet, but I firmly believe this is the season for the Hearts.

Don't think that we will win the league, but I think we could really win a cup this year.

Thoughts?

Greedy_Jambo

What makes you think that?

I think we could win the cup any year but what have we done so far to come out with this thread?

We've beaten Hamilton! (raith rovers and aberdeen both bet hamilton)

We've beaten Elgin (arguably the worst team in scotland)

And we could only manage a draw with st johnston at home!

I'm not meaning to put a downer on things but c'mon! Its nothing to get carried away about.

Commander Harris

it really depends on what you mean by "this is the season". ?as weak as the Old Firm are they're still way ahead of us at the moment so in terms of the league I don't think so. ?But as you say, no reason why we can't have a good cup run and don't see why we can't go far in that competition this year. ?

I'm not getting overexcited but I think we've got a half decent team, we're missing an attacking midfielder but if we can sort that we should do relatively well imo.

We've made a reasonable start to the season. No more than that. We've a decent chance of making third, no more than that. Thats the conclusion that just about everyone should be reaching after two games.

As for a cup win. We'd probably need the luck of a very favourable string of home draws or piss easy away ties to the semi final stage. One or both of the Old firm to go out before the semi final stage , or if we do have to play one of them at the semi or final stage, we need to catch them on our best day and their worst.

Thats a lot of "ifs"

Johanes de Silentio

I know that it's early doors yet, but I firmly believe this is the season for the Hearts.

Don't think that we will win the league, but I think we could really win a cup this year.

Thoughts?

The bit in bold! :thumbsup:

Dunno if we'll win a cup or come 3rd in the SPL. Far too early for that.

But those of us who endured the Csaba (and Jordan etc) years - months ? - now really look forward to going to Tynie. We are seeing players who want to play, who play for one-another, want to win and score goals - not just one goal and shut up shop.

As long as I still feel like that at the end of the season, I'm happy :thumbsup:

Might have more of an idea after Sunday. As usual our list of injuries and suspensions is horrendous which shows how lightweight the squad is. The St Johnstone game was dreadful but hopefuly the last two games will instil a bit of confidence.

But c'mon, this is Hearts we're talking about here - ANYTHING could happen!!!

I believe that this season is a transitional one and next year will be the big one.

Next year will the bigger one I think

Top six and maybe a cup final this year

Thoughts?

Nurse nurse!!

rangers and sellick are nothing special.

Some of the players they've bought may not be good enough for Europe..but they are very good for the SPL.

How much have Celtic spent close season? I'm losing count now, but I've no doubt they'll come good in an inferior league such as ours.

Rangers? Vlad Weiss is such a deal for them and Beattie will do well too I'm afraid.

Nice dream to think otherwise.

Guest jambomickey

Some of the players they've bought may not be good enough for Europe..but they are very good for the SPL.

How much have Celtic spent close season? I'm losing count now, but I've no doubt they'll come good in an inferior league such as ours.

Rangers? Vlad Weiss is such a deal for them and Beattie will do well too I'm afraid.

Nice dream to think otherwise.

i honestly don't think the old firm are any great shakes and if we can be consistent we can certainly get close to them imo.

Hearts Machine

rangers and sellick are nothing special.

This: Also with Dundeh Hivs offering anyone for anything, Houston on a shoogly one, hubz selling their prize scorer, and having no defense to speak of, Scaberdeen?..Nah! Or are we feart of murderwell?

Our DIRECT competition weakens, Old Squirm weakens also, whilst JJ brings much needed stability. (now that Bryson laddie would be nice.)

I don`t see why not. 3rd and a good shout at a cup? I don`t see what`s so unbelievable.

The OP may be a little premature re. the title, but the above. Aye. Why not?

But those of us who endured the Csaba (and Jordan etc) years - months ? - now really look forward to going to Tynie. We are seeing players who want to play, who play for one-another, want to win and score goals - not just one goal and shut up shop.

As long as I still feel like that at the end of the season, I'm happy :thumbsup:

couldnt agree more mate!!!!!

Jambof3tornado

We will do better than last year as we are stronger and other than the old firm you could argue that the rest are weaker than they were. Lets judge where we can be after the 1st round of games.

3rd is by no means certain but I am more confident than I have been for years!

If we are to do well this year, its the games against teams like St Johnstone at home that we are going to have to win.

Not enough quality or depth in the middle of the park (both midfield and defence) to really achieve something of note.

Third place might well be on with a bit of luck.

Thoughts?

5062d1217944583-industrial-size-bong-8557060_f14bd4f251.jpg

Life's Good

Gregory House M.D.

This.

BTW does fourth still get Europa league because remember we moved down the rankings this year!

Archived