Shareholders Dinner

jamborich

Anybody there last night, Believe JJ, BB,and GL were the guest speakers.

Any news updates?

From memory nothing controversial or sensational.

Did mention Bryson JJ and merely stating what the press already know i.e he rates him and has identified him but offer has been made and no further forward. Didnt give too much away on that one

Commented we had 64 players and the lack of reserve league was a big problem as cannot keep everyone happy. Squad will be getting reduced as cannot carry that many. Neil Doncaster will address the meeting in October (I think) and the issue of following suit with England and limiting first team squads to 25 has at least been mentioned but suggested questions could be asked then.

Blamed the previous sporting director(s) policy of simply re signing everyone at u19 level on 5 years deals as a factor in the squad size. Youngsters would get 1 year deal or 2 at most if deemed to be exceptional but basis was to keep them hungary and not have a 5 year deal at 18 making them think they has "made it"

Seems to speak highly of Metliski (sp?) and has a good relationship with him as talks the same language in terms of football being an ex player but again the press already have noted this.

Cant think of anything else, maybe disciplinary measures was mentioned and Zal and LW attended a meeting just prior to first game to be made clear the fines etc that would occur for stupid bookings and sendings off

Thats all I can recall

Did mention Bryson JJ and merely stating what the press already know i.e he rates him and has identified him but offer has been made and no further forward. Didnt give too much away on that one

Commented we had 64 players and the lack of reserve league was a big problem as cannot keep everyone happy. Squad will be getting reduced as cannot carry that many. Neil Doncaster will address the meeting in October (I think) and the issue of following suit with England and limiting first team squads to 25 has at least been mentioned but suggested questions could be asked then.

Blamed the previous sporting director(s) policy of simply re signing everyone at u19 level on 5 years deals as a factor in the squad size. Youngsters would get 1 year deal or 2 at most if deemed to be exceptional but basis was to keep them hungary and not have a 5 year deal at 18 making them think they has "made it"

Seems to speak highly of Metliski (sp?) and has a good relationship with him as talks the same language in terms of football being an ex player but again the press already have noted this.

Cant think of anything else, maybe disciplinary measures was mentioned and Zal and LW attended a meeting just prior to first game to be made clear the fines etc that would occur for stupid bookings and sendings off

Thats all I can recall

Yes it was a absolute disgrace the way contracts where handed out to young players( how this was allowed is beyond me)i heard true stories of young players being handed 2yr contracts and being told by there advisors to ask for longer ones,And guess what?they where given longer ones!an absolute shambolic affair,this is the reason hearts have signed and still have loads of duds on there books,thankfully, jj will sort this out, but will take several years!! take note mr.romanov!

Yo Yo the Parrot

As Heartbeat says nothing controversial but JJ did mention he was going to see someone called Jim Jefferies later that night but I found that stranger than fiction. Was he going to look in a mirror or something ? :ermm:

Oh and the standard of the meal hit a new low.

Thats all I can recall

This always annoyed the life out of me in the past. It seemed like everyone was getting a 5 year deal.

An utterly stupid & counter productive policy.

jambos are go!

As Heartbeat says nothing controversial but JJ did mention he was going to see someone called Jim Jefferies later that night but I found that stranger than fiction. Was he going to look in a mirror or something ? :ermm:

There is guy on the fringe with a show called Jim Jeffries. Apparently he has been mistaken for our JJ and heckled. Got some media cover and I presume the real JJ was going to the show.

Meal is usually okay for the money but last night was poor.

RoussetsShorts

Only thing of interest I was told is that it will DEFINITELY be a 14 team league next season, very good source.

Play everybody twice then a split into playing the top 7 / bottom 7 teams twice again.

Playoff for 2nd relegation spot also.

Hungry hippo

Only thing of interest I was told is that it will DEFINITELY be a 14 team league next season, very good source.

Play everybody twice then a split into playing the top 7 / bottom 7 teams twice again.

Everything I've read said the split would be 6 and 8 which sounds far more likely.

try this

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/78292-truth-is-stranger-than-fiction/

UNBELIEVABLE

The 64 players includes the U19s. There are 39 (I think) players born 1991 or earlier. That is clearly still too many although 6 of them have already gone away on loan and more might follow. Also Witteveen is obviously not wanted.

Missed last night. What was it?

Lamb, it was a bit tough and dry but still edible imo. I've had a lot worse previously.

Shame I don't know a committee member. :whistling:

Lamb, it was a bit tough and dry but still edible imo. I've had a lot worse previously.

:ninja:

My mum went in my place & said it was rank. She also never liked JJ's 'dressing up' of Hartleygate.

Women & football..........

My mum went in my place & said it was rank. She also never liked JJ's 'dressing up' of Hartleygate.

Women & football..........

There was no way JJ could or would tell the whole story on that one.

I know.

It'd have been a scoop though, if he had.

B)

Well, he started off by saying "I'm not going to lie to you" and then proceeded to stammer and waffle through the rest of it sounding as convincing as a Hibs fan saying they will win the Scottish Cup this year!!

Yo Yo the Parrot

There is guy on the fringe with a show called Jim Jeffries. Apparently he has been mistaken for our JJ and heckled. Got some media cover and I presume the real JJ was going to the show.

WOOSH...............

Dave I think a committee member could have cooked a better meal than that.

I dont think it was JJ that mentioned that think it was a friend of a friend who heard it in the bogs (if I remember correctly)

Agreed about the meal. That low will never be surpassed (if you know what I mean) The lamb came in handy though as I needed new insoles

Aye Dave, but its aw real old boring buggers that go on that committee. Canny imagine any young guys with the responsibilities of a young family wanting to be involved, can you? :whistling:

Gutted we sold our shares to Vlad now..at least they paid for a private second scan. I found out he was healthy and a boy. The dry lamb? Nah both me and my dad wouldn't thank anyone for that. :yucky:

Gutted we sold our shares to Vlad now..at least they paid for a private second scan. I found out he was healthy and a boy. The dry lamb? Nah both me and my dad wouldn't thank anyone for that. :yucky:

K, I dont believe anybody was thanked for what was served up on Thursday. Just as bad was the fact that the lassie serving it up trid to convince us that it hadnt been lying under the "hot lamps" in the kitchen. Maybe she was telling the truth so with that being the case it was obviously the chefs previous days attempt at lunch that hadnt sold so it was reheated in the oven for 3 or 4 hours and served up to us. Oh and one other thing while I'm griping, the me and u said it was Baby "Roast" Tatties....Not a Roast Tattie in sight. Oh and while I'm at it, my mate who was a guest, got 9 croutons in his soup, I got 5 :angry:

I'm laughing but I shouldn't..It's not good enough for people who didn't sell their shares.

Is Vlad trying to do an Alexander Litvinenko with a bad meal? Discuss :teehee:

Aye Dave, but its aw real old boring buggers that go on that committee. Canny imagine any young guys with the responsibilities of a young family wanting to be involved, can you? :whistling:

Theres change afoot! This is the new generation.

In the pipeline for next seasons dinner - pre-meal hip hop classes featuring Calum.

:thumbsup:

This would be a disaster IMO.

How many other leagues in europe adopt a 'split' system?

No, no no no no to this idea.

This would be a disaster IMO.

How many other leagues in europe adopt a 'split' system?

No, no no no no to this idea.

I'm so with you. League reform? aye..another split? No!!! Awful system!

In the pipeline for next seasons dinner - pre-meal hip hop classes featuring Calum.

Is this you telling us that you are gonna "Clean Up" :whistling:

Archived