Celtic Fans "shady, Pro-Terrorist Sympathies"

Rivlin

Usual dig at us of course

"In Scotland the most eager takers for this kind of fascist filth were the Rangers and Hearts fans"

Thundercats Are Go

"In Scotland the most eager takers for this kind of fascist filth were the Rangers and Hearts fans"

I thought it was the watchtower mag i was buying! :whistling:

slightly strange that our fans are named in connection with fascist links but our club is omitted from the reference to support of the armed forces.

i do hope the author isn't being a little too clever.

Thundercats Are Go

slightly strange that our fans are named in connection with fascist links but our club is omitted from the reference to support of the armed forces.

i do hope the author isn't being a little too clever.

Come on now, clever Celtic fans, taking it a bit far now mate. :thumbsup:

Granted tho, this once can write!

Interesting read. I'd always regarded MacMillan's previous comments on the sectarian divide in the west of Scotland as being entirely one-sided, but this is a much more balanced approach.

I don't think that's a real dig. Just a fact. The NF were very visible in their distribution of leaflets and they targeted certain grounds - we were one but I seem to remember they were a presence at Dundee Utd. and Aberdeen as well.

I always find it strange that the Irish settled all over the country and created at least 3 teams but there is only one of them with such a serious problem. No wonder the majority of the Irish (not the plastic ones) hate them.

The author, quite correctly of course, condemns the political stance of sections of the Celtic support on one hand. Well done there. Stating the obvious but well done nevertheless.

Then in the next sentence he totally fecks it up by suggesting they ditch the politics for religion.

Is off his trolley !!!

Politics and/or religion have no need to have a platform at any Scottish football ground. Its a sporting event where stuff like that ought to be left completely out. There are plenty of platforms for politics and religion in this country. Christ (scuse the pun) we've got either a church or a pub on virtually every street corner in every major inner city.

I've read bits and bobs of James MacMillan, and he is a tube of the highest order. With little or no research he makes bold claims and assumtions, which are mostly based on anecdotes and simple emotion. He claimed that Scotland is "endemically sectarian", which was leaped upon with glee by the press, while the majority of the scientific research shows quality of life between Catholics and protestants is very similar, and the small differences between each can be attributed mostly to other circumstances. His points about football tend to have small groundings, however I don't see why anyone really needs to listen to the arguments of a man whos only qualification to make comment on sectarianism in the media is to be Catholic.

The author, quite correctly of course, condemns the political stance of sections of the Celtic support on one hand. Well done there. Stating the obvious but well done nevertheless.

Then in the next sentence he totally fecks it up by suggesting they ditch the politics for religion.

Is off his trolley !!!

Politics and/or religion have no need to have a platform at any Scottish football ground. Its a sporting event where stuff like that ought to be left completely out. There are plenty of platforms for politics and religion in this country. Christ (scuse the pun) we've got either a church or a pub on virtually every street corner in every major inner city.

I don't think he is as I think he means they should think about what the religion really stands for or should. Celtic were formed to create a link between the Scottish & Irish people not to divide them and some of their dickhead fans while singing about knowing their history clearly fecking well don't.

Just like to add that I am not religious in any way and do agree that we should keep religion in the churches.

AllowayJambo

There are loads of Celtic fans are in the British army, and why shouldn't there be it's a profession after all.

I have been amazed that no-one has ever picked up on this with all the rubbish that their fans spout, so fair play to this guy for bringing it up. Imagine Celtic inviting soldiers on the field as we do, true Celtic fans who love their club but just happen to be in the army.

Celtic fans should be ashamed that their fellow fans cannot walk onto the pitch at half time after spending months putting their life's on the line in some far of field as they would be jeered and booed the whole time.

Only on the west coast of Scotland!!

Those of us of an Hiberno-Catholic inclination in Scotland...

laugh.gif What a total ****wit. Typical OF fan, a schizophrenic mentalist with an identity problem. Can't relate to the country they live in, even though they've known no other for generations at the very least. Do these people ever have a moment's relaxation in their lives, or is it just a constant struggle with their messed-up excuse for a mind always driving it home to them that their football team is the standard bearer of their religion and ethnicity and it must triumph against the other lot at any cost?

As for saying that the politics should be ditched in favour of religion, that only goes to show the kind of person we're dealing with here - a messed up subservient arselicker who can't think for himself and can't see that despite all of its problems the aim of politics is ultimately the betterment of mankind whereas the aim of religion can only ever be the enslavement of mankind.

As far as his NF jibe at us goes, I remember fascist NF thugs getting chased out of McLeod Street by Hearts fans in the 80s when they were trying to peddle their magazine. And the idea that Celtic fans are somehow left-wing or for that matter even centre-leaning or right-wing is laughable, what kind of an interest does your typical buckied-up ned a.k.a. Celtic supporter have in politics anyway?

Also setting out the old myth about Celtic being set up to help the poor and the homeless, nothing however about the fact that their team was formed of Hibs players that they poached by offering higher wages and bribes to jump ship to the cesspit in the West.

"Hiberno-Catholic inclination" biggrin.gif

With little or no research he makes bold claims and assumtions, which are mostly based on anecdotes and simple emotion.

So that'll be like...99.9% of football fans, then?

Think it was more Dundee than Dundee Utd and not forgetting Airdrie.

I always always make a point of forgetting Airdrie.

Gregory House M.D.

I've read this twice and i am completely none the wiser what this reptile is raving on about... From what i understand he wants the filth to stop the 'political' songs and just start being good old sectarian *******s.

Napoleon  Wilson

There are loads of Celtic fans are in the British army, and why shouldn't there be it's a profession after all.

I have been amazed that no-one has ever picked up on this with all the rubbish that their fans spout, so fair play to this guy for bringing it up. Imagine Celtic inviting soldiers on the field as we do, true Celtic fans who love their club but just happen to be in the army.

Celtic fans should be ashamed that their fellow fans cannot walk onto the pitch at half time after spending months putting their life's on the line in some far of field as they would be jeered and booed the whole time.

:thumbsup:

Colonel Kurtz

laugh.gif What a total ****wit. Typical OF fan, a schizophrenic mentalist with an identity problem. Can't relate to the country they live in, even though they've known no other for generations at the very least. Do these people ever have a moment's relaxation in their lives, or is it just a constant struggle with their messed-up excuse for a mind always driving it home to them that their football team is the standard bearer of their religion and ethnicity and it must triumph against the other lot at any cost?

As for saying that the politics should be ditched in favour of religion, that only goes to show the kind of person we're dealing with here - a messed up subservient arselicker who can't think for himself and can't see that despite all of its problems the aim of politics is ultimately the betterment of mankind whereas the aim of religion can only ever be the enslavement of mankind.

As far as his NF jibe at us goes, I remember fascist NF thugs getting chased out of McLeod Street by Hearts fans in the 80s when they were trying to peddle their magazine. And the idea that Celtic fans are somehow left-wing or for that matter even centre-leaning or right-wing is laughable, what kind of an interest does your typical buckied-up ned a.k.a. Celtic supporter have in politics anyway?

WTF is a hiberno catholic...A Tim who sleeps all winter.

THere is more to this..for instance which Irish County formed the majority of immigrants

Glasgow and Celtic got the real bog Irish

Also setting out the old myth about Celtic being set up to help the poor and the homeless, nothing however about the fact that their team was formed of Hibs players that they poached by offering higher wages and bribes to jump ship to the cesspit in the West.

"Hiberno-Catholic inclination" biggrin.gif

The Treasurer

Why does anyone feel the need to bring politics OR religion (of any persuasion) into football ???

Thousands of fans of hundreds of clubs seem to find that supporting their team is the only "cause" they need to be attached to when attending a football match

Seymour M Hersh

So that'll be like...99.9% of football fans, then?

Probably but how often do you and I get coverage like that in the Telegraph.

Fwiw I though he made a couple of decent points but gets all confused and reverts to religion as some sort of cure-all. Perhaps he does not realise it's the excuse they use masked under a political banner or vica versa depending what day it is. They are just bad uns!!

As for bring us into it. Usual spurious and with no proof whatsoever that we are some sort of breeding ground for the far right. Most Hearts fans I know are labour supporters when it comes to politics. No surprise I think an awful lot of them hate us more than der hun.

James MacMillan has a chip on his shoulder the size of the Isle OF Man about being a catholic. He mentions it in every interview he does and it seems to be the driving force in his life, but not in a particularly positive way.

He also seems to be intimating that you need to be a catholic to be a Celtic fan.

This must be what? The fourth/ fifth thread this week that is catholic related. I can't imagine there are too many other football forums that can hit the same numbers? Maybe Gorgie loyal, a Celtic one, and a Rangers one perhaps?

Makes me chuckle to be honest. Scotland is a small country, but the folks there sure do like to get their views on the table to catholic related issues, under the disguise of sport of course.

This must be what? The fourth/ fifth thread this week that is catholic related. I can't imagine there are too many other football forums that can hit the same numbers? Maybe Gorgie loyal, a Celtic one, and a Rangers one perhaps?

Makes me chuckle to be honest. Scotland is a small country, but the folks there sure do like to get their views on the table to catholic related issues, under the disguise of sport of course.

Nobody deliberate nit picks with Catholics on subjects that are non storys.

If there is a lot of talk, it's for a very good reason.

Maybe if the Catholic Church didn't have such a horrendous reputation this wouldn't be the case.

portobellojambo1

I think you'll find, as I discovered through connections in the KOSB (as was), that in many instances fans who identified themselves as serving in the military were told not to return to Parkhead by their fellow Celtic fans, as they were traitors and unwelcome. They don't want them inside Parkhead, never mind parading on to the pitch.

The only talk sten guns, is coming from this board, and the OF ones. It's getting tiresome, Catholics this, Catholics that, always starts the same- Celtic, then the thread goes into anti- catholic rants. If I want to read what small minded little bigots think, then I can go to the Gorgie loyal, or any of the OF sites. Why is this garbage so prevalent on a Hearts board? It's not because most of the members are fine, upstanding citizens, who want to right the worlds ills, that's for sure.

Chris Benoit

I wish religion would **** off.

I concur :thumbsup:

Is that the old boy from the Lennon pic on your avatar?

James MacMillan has a chip on his shoulder the size of the Isle OF Man about being a catholic.

Correct, but that's not unusual. They are conditioned from an early age to be bitter and feel picked on. The prhess and mhedia is rhiddled with timpathisers. :verymad:

It's really not an issue..I know a few really decent Celtic supporters. We have banter about the football and that's what it's about. Football. Relgion is never mentioned as I doubt any of of us go to church anyway. People who still think it's a divide are either looking for a fight or scared of the fact we can actually get on with each other. I don't care what colour creed or team anyone supports as long they're not idiots, I'd always give them them a run for their money in terms of cheek :thumbsup:

decent Celtic supporters

One is more likely to encounter a dodo than the species you refer to. Fact. They are all vhermin. :rifle:

Chris Benoit

One is more likely to encounter a dodo than the species you refer to. Fact. They are all vhermin. :rifle:

Do you ever get bored posting the same old crap just to get a reaction?

He won't get one DSB... I know a few though...one in particular who trains kids in football round here in his own time at his own expense and considering he lives in Glasgow? Great bloke I admire him for that. Who he supports does not come into what he does for the local community.

If I did post to get a reaction, I'd be delighted that you took the bait. :lol:

But being serious for a moment, surely the primary purpose of posting IS to get a reaction. If not, then what is a discussion forum for? :smoking:

Seems to be a lame attempt at an apology before the "Fr James Chesney Memorial Banner" is paraded around Scottish football grounds!!!

FTH

ps how good was it that Barry Maguire(The Eve of Destruction) scores the fourth!!!!!!

I know a few though...one in particular who trains kids in football round here in his own time at his own expense and considering he lives in Glasgow?

That does not necessarily mean he is a "good bloke". :unsure:

That does not necessarily mean he is a "good bloke". :unsure:

He is though. I work with him. He's also married to the other side ..does that make him better? No it doesn't he's just a really decent guy who cares about things I do.

Archived