Gary Glen

tyniearrms

Been working in Dublin for about a month now,was just wondering if Gary Glen is still with us or been loaned out? or is he still injured,me myself I don't rate the guy.

I wait on my usual fans posting replies saying im a hobo.

Also as i've got a better job now i'll get to a few more games this season,but im working away from home a lot so i won't be getting a s/t this season

Been working in Dublin for about a month now,was just wondering if Gary Glen is still with us or been loaned out? or is he still injured,me myself I don't rate the guy.

Also as i've got a better job now i'll get to a few more games this season,but im working away from home a lot so i won't be getting a s/t this season

He's here but he's further down the pecking order than Witteveen is. Does that answer the question ?

Frankenstein Jambo.

He's here but he's further down the pecking order than Witteveen is. Does that answer the question ?

Nae need in being snide. The lad was just asking a question.

I don't think that's true.

Witteveen has been told he has no future with Hearts wheras JJ apparently rates Glen quite highly. Glen is injured and is still a wee while away from fitness. There has been speculation that he may be offloaded as a makeweight as part of another deal but that's just chat.

He is still with the first team but injured at the moment.

ignore all the jokers.

See how you've recently been made to look an utter trumpet with your remarks about Calum Elliot, I'm pretty confident the same will happen with a fit Gary Glen under Jefferies.

See how you've recently been made to look an utter trumpet with your remarks about Calum Elliot, I'm pretty confident the same will happen with a fit Gary Glen under Jefferies.

I think that Kyle will also make a very big difference to how our young strikers are seen by the fans.

I think that Kyle will also make a very big difference to how our young strikers are seen by the fans.

The young guys have been hung out to dry by either:

•  
  • Having to play up front on their own with Laszlo's horrific tactics
  • Having to partner the incredibly lazy Nade up front, from whom they would learn nothing

Elliot looked very good back in 2006 playing up front with Jankauskis, Elliot and Glen can both benefit greatly for Kyle's presence at the club.

And am I the only one that posted that about clum?

Nothing snide about it pal,thanks for your answer

Perhaps it wasn't snide but it was completely inaccurate. Glen has missed the games so far because he is injured. Witteveen has been told he is free to go. A huge difference which I'm sure OAG was aware of when he made his post.

And am I the only one that posted that about clum?

Has OaG just revealed himself to have two identities on the board! :blink:

Yeh thats right, I'm a trumpet because 4 years of utter incompetency, bordering on unfitness to wash the jersey, far less wear it, have been wiped away by 3 goals and one half decent performance against the poorest defence ever to inhabit the SPL, whereas you are clearly convinced he's the messiah whos' just been waiting for the right moment to reveal himself..

jamboinglasgow

Yeh thats right, I'm a trumpet because 4 years of utter incompetency, bordering on unfitness to wash the jersey, far less wear it, have been wiped away by 3 goals and one half decent performance against the poorest defence ever to inhabit the SPL, whereas you are clearly convinced he's the messiah whos' just been waiting for the right moment to reveal himself..

Interesting fact of the day about Elliot. If we include all his pre-season games in his stats, Calum Elliot this season has scored 5 goals in 9 games.

Think we've found the guy who refused to stand when Elliot scored against St Johnstone.

Interesting fact of the day about Elliot. If we include all his pre-season games in his stats, Calum Elliot this season has scored 5 goals in 9 games.

Another interest fact. If we exclude league games from those stats, Elliot has scored 2 goals in 7 games.

Or something like that.

Think we've found the guy who refused to stand when Elliot scored against St Johnstone.

No, youve simply found one of several guys who believe Elliot still has a whole lot to prove

How about his stats for competitive games ?

I think you'll find he has by far the worst goals to games ratio of ANY striker who has ever played over 100 games for us. And I mean by that in our entire history and not just a little bit worse. FAR FAR worse.

What is more likely to be the flash in the pan. His excrutiating shiteness for the last 4 years or his last two games ?

jamboinglasgow

No, youve simply found one of several guys who believe Elliot still has a whole lot to prove

How about his stats for competitive games ?

I think you'll find he has by far the worst goals to games ratio of ANY striker who has ever played over 100 games for us. And I mean by that in our entire history and not just a little bit worse. FAR FAR worse.

What is more likely to be the flash in the pan. His excrutiating shiteness for the last 4 years or his last two games ?

you dont take a joke well do you :whistling:

I am the opposite position from you and tbh we will most likely not deviate from either position, so will not bother to debate with you. Looks like at the start of this season you made your mind up and refuse to change it, I am sure if he got double figures this season in goals you still call him a terrible player.

you dont take a joke well do you :whistling:

I am the opposite position from you and tbh we will most likely not deviate from either position, so will not bother to debate with you. Looks like at the start of this season you made your mind up and refuse to change it, I am sure if he got double figures this season in goals you still call him a terrible player.

Get back to me when he's got to double figures. End of debate.

tartofmidlothian

Another interest fact. If we exclude league games from those stats, Elliot has scored 2 goals in 7 games.

Or something like that.

Goals scored by our forwards last season:

Nade - 2

Glen - 2

Obua - 2

Witteveen - 1

G.Smith - 1

Robinson - 1

Calum - 0

Mole - 0

Total - 9

Goals scored by our forwards in the first three games of this season:

Calum - 3

Kyle - 2

Total - 5

Puts it in perspective.

I am going to give everyone a clean slate. Elliot and Glen have suffered the most out of the players who have been about the last few seasons. Either played out of position or up there alone. With a settled manager, great harmony and competition it is now we will see what people are capable of. Glen in particular never got going from the minute Eddie Malofeev ran him into the ground before Laszlo came. He suffered bad shin splints. Laslzo would come into training most days and ignore him then have a serious go at him when reviewing the games he had played in. His confidence has been shot to bits. Craig Thomson told me a fit and hungry Glen is one of the best players in training and that he'd play him every week. JJ highly rates Glen as does John Robertson. These are all facts.

jamboinglasgow

Get back to me when he's got to double figures. End of debate.

I will, and I hope you at least give Elliot some support when he plays.

Nade - 2

Glen - 2

Obua - 2

Witteveen - 1

G.Smith - 1

Robinson - 1

Calum - 0

Mole - 0

Total - 9

Calum - 3

Kyle - 2

Total - 5

Puts it in perspective.

It does, although I'm not sure what the perspective is, exactly.

jamboinglasgow

Nade - 2

Glen - 2

Obua - 2

Witteveen - 1

G.Smith - 1

Robinson - 1

Calum - 0

Mole - 0

Total - 9

Calum - 3

Kyle - 2

Total - 5

Puts it in perspective.

wee point, if your including Robinson as a striker last season then you should include his goal on Tuesday. So it makes 6 goals by Hearts strikers this season.

I will, and I hope you at least give Elliot some support when he plays.

Unless he comes on here and reads what I'm typing. (Christ there's a thought. Maybe its all my fault he's been honking in the last 4 years)

When he's playing he'll get the same support from me as any other Hearts player gets. I dont get the link youve made between late night comments on a football forum and the vociferousness or otherwise of my support for the players when they are actually playing. There isnt a link.

portobellojambo1

Witteveen has been told he has no future with Hearts whereas JJ apparently rates Glen quite highly. Glen is injured and is still a wee while away from fitness. There has been speculation that he may be offloaded as a makeweight as part of another deal but that's just chat.

He does indeed. As has already been said on thread Gary is out with an injury at the moment that he picked up in Italy. I believe he will be available for selection for the Celtic match if needed, although knows he is going to have to fight his way back into reckoning

jamboinglasgow

Unless he comes on here and reads what I'm typing. (Christ there's a thought. Maybe its all my fault he's been honking in the last 4 years)

When he's playing he'll get the same support from me as any other Hearts player gets. I dont get the link youve made between late night comments on a football forum and the vociferousness or otherwise of my support for the players when they are actually playing. There isnt a link.

I am not talking about on here, just asking if you give support at the game. Thought it was a pretty simple point.

tartofmidlothian

It does, although I'm not sure what the perspective is, exactly.

That we've had it s*** for a long time now and really shouldn't complain about our strikforce this season, not yet anyway.

tartofmidlothian

wee point, if your including Robinson as a striker last season then you should include his goal on Tuesday. So it makes 6 goals by Hearts strikers this season.

Fair point, left him out for this season because Csaba played him as a forward but JJ's trying to make him into a midfielder, I believe.

I am not talking about on here, just asking if you give support at the game. Thought it was a pretty simple point.

My response was equally simple I thought.

It is always interesting seeing what happens with these players who break through with a big reputation for "potential". For every Wayne Rooney there seems to be a Michael Owen.

What I mean by this is that so many players come through and everyone thinks; "if they are this good at 17 just imagine how good they will be when they peak at 27ish"

For me Owen is the classic example of this. He was **** hot in his late teens/early twenties' but, in my opinion, went down hill from there on in. McManus for Celtic would be another example. What I think often happens is this idea of potential actually blinds people to the real worth of a player at any given time. Not all players improve with age.

I'm not saying that Glen fits into this category. We will have to see what happens with his career. I just think that the concept of potential really distorts debate on how good a player is in the present.

Sydney from Sydney

The young guys have been hung out to dry by either:

•  
  • Having to play up front on their own with Laszlo's horrific tactics
  • Having to partner the incredibly lazy Nade up front, from whom they would learn nothing

Elliot looked very good back in 2006 playing up front with Jankauskis, Elliot and Glen can both benefit greatly for Kyle's presence at the club.

In fairness to Laszlo, Nade was all he had. I'd lay blame with he mad bloke before I'd blame the coach for playing Nade.

It is always interesting seeing what happens with these players who break through with a big reputation for "potential". For every Wayne Rooney there seems to be a Michael Owen.

Interesting analogy.

At 24, Owen was on his way to Real Madrid, having arguably been almost as impressive at the top level (and definitely more so in the International arena) as the 24 year old Rooney has been. Indeed, the Euros in 2004 was the last time either of them scored in a major tournament for England, i think.

Rooney could yet become a Michael Owen...and I would be delighted if Glen got anywhere near either of them!

I thought OAG's point was simple too. What constantly baffles me about certain posters on here, and I would say you have shown these charactaristics in this thread, is the inability to disassociate support at games from a post on here. This is like the pub, admittedly a pub with no beer, barmaids or the company of people you like but a pub nonetheless. The post match debrief where you talk with like minded people about the club and their players. I always equate it to a family, only a member of the family can get away with offering anything remotely negative about another family member. In the confines of this "pub" we may openly talk about certain things surrounding our club that we do not show on a match day and certain critiques come out. For example, at Kilmarnock in August 2005 I first saw Calum Elliot pull on a Hearts first team jersey. Twice he was beyond the last line of defence and certain to be one on one with the goalkeeper, he failed to get a shot off in each instance and was deposed by a returning defender. Whilst it was his first game and he was a laddie, I just had a feeling then that this lad wouldn't make it. Did I shout abuse at him during the match? Did I air my concerns at the match? Of course not, I offered the support that a fan should on a match day. I did offer these views to my mates in the pub post match though, some agreed, some didn't. The only difference was I shared it with four others, views posted on here are shared with thousands.

You do recognise that posts on here do not necessarily equate behaviours at football grounds don't you?

I think Gary Glen has something. I have a feeling he could be a relatively consistent goal scorer and an asset to our team. Things didn't go well for him last season and it is a big year for him. I take comfort from Jefferies' ability to get the best out of players and the sight of Elliot playing well gives me hope. If Jefferies can get performances like that out of Elliot I am eager to see what will happen with Glen.

What has been quite amusing about Glen is one poster that I shall not name has already criticised him for being injured and not making an impact on the pre-season tour because of this! :laugh:

He does indeed. As has already been said on thread Gary is out with an injury at the moment that he picked up in Italy. I believe he will be available for selection for the Celtic match if needed, although knows he is going to have to fight his way back into reckoning

Actually I disagree that JJ rates him highly. I think he had high hopes for him when he arrived, and was puzzled

as to why Laslo had more or less given up on the lad. I think JJ also saw him miss a few sitters towards the end

of the season, along with a lack of application, and his inability to make any impact on the games he played in.

It is make or break time for him, but I think you'll find that there are quite a number of fans on this site who

have pretty much seen enough.

jamboinglasgow

Actually I disagree that JJ rates him highly. I think he had high hopes for him when he arrived, and was puzzled

as to why Laslo had more or less given up on the lad. I think JJ also saw him miss a few sitters towards the end

of the season, along with a lack of application, and his inability to make any impact on the games he played in.

It is make or break time for him, but I think you'll find that there are quite a number of fans on this site who

have pretty much seen enough.

is that what JJ thinks or is it just what you think and putting your thoughts in his mind. Robbo rates Glen really highly and to me that is all I really need to know.

Jambomullins

is that what JJ thinks or is it just what you think and putting your thoughts in his mind. Robbo rates Glen really highly and to me that is all I really need to know.

Jeferies has said in public that he rates Glen. This season is huge for him because if a striker can't score goals in this team then they're playing at the wrong level. I have a feeling that Glen will do well. When he first broke into the team he was very promising but like most players under Laszlo, he suffered due to poor management and shitty tactics. I take the earlier point as well..he knows how to score against those Hibby *******s!!

Nade - 2

Glen - 2

Obua - 2

Witteveen - 1

G.Smith - 1

Robinson - 1

Calum - 0

Mole - 0

Total - 9

Calum - 3

Kyle - 2

Robinson - 1

Total - 6

Puts it in perspective.

Fixed

Witteveen has been told he has no future with Hearts wheras JJ apparently rates Glen quite highly. Glen is injured and is still a wee while away from fitness. There has been speculation that he may be offloaded as a makeweight as part of another deal but that's just chat.

I think that is most of Glen's problem he has always been a "wee while away from fitness". It is great to score goals especially against Hibs but for me Glen lacks effort and committment and is one of those players that is quite comfortable being injured or sitting on the bench.

JJ wants a clear out at Hearts - espically the youngsters. No doubt Glen has talent but his attitude lets him down and I know for a fact that Hearts/JJ are happy to let him move on.

JJ wants a clear out at Hearts - espically the youngsters. No doubt Glen has talent but his attitude lets him down and I know for a fact that Hearts/JJ are happy to let him move on.

Funny, Csaba was of the same opinion about his attitude and was lambasted for it.

Hearts of Vladland

Is JJ expecting anyone to go out before the end of the transfer window?

Tommy Wiseau

Funny, Csaba was of the same opinion about his attitude and was lambasted for it.

:laugh:

True dat.

I can't be too hard on those chaps though, because Csaba = ****** and JJ = good guy. :thumbsup:

:laugh:

True dat.

I can't be too hard on those chaps though, because Csaba = ****** and JJ = good guy. :thumbsup:

Big time. It is rather concerning (if true) that young Glen seems to fall foul with the management he works with.

Would love to know though what this bad attitude consists of.

Poor time keeping?

Not listening to what he is told?

Billy big time?

Not returning DVD' to blockbusters on time?

GA wants answers, Thommo - you have 24 hours.

Tommy Wiseau

Big time. It is rather concerning (if true) that young Glen seems to fall foul with the management he works with.

Poor time keeping?

Billy big time?

We've done business before, GA - I think you know we'll be sipping Muay Thai's in Saigon before 12 hours is up.

We've done business before, GA - I think you know we'll be sipping Muay Thai's in Saigon before 12 hours is up.

laugh.gif

Like the cut of your jib, Thommo,.

Others would do well follow your fine example.

Arthur Morgan

Poor time keeping?

Billy big time?

Can rule that one out as he is usually the first player to arrive at riccarton every day, about 1 hour early infact.

Archived