Who Picks The Players?

Slobbo

Interesting quotes from Benitez today, which I'm guessing Vlad will be storing for future reference:

"I am the coach, the coach can't sign any player. It has to be the technical director or the chairman....I can guarantee you I am just focusing on training the team and trying to do my best on the pitch," said Benitez.

To put this in to context, this was his response when asked about his interest in signing 2 Liverpool players, despite alledgedly signing an agreement when he left Liverpool that said he wouldn't come back for any of their players! So, admittedly, this could be his ploy for getting Kuyt and Mascherano without being sued, but it also goes to show that even when you're the manager of the European champions, you shouldn't expect to have the final say on every transfer the club makes......

Interesting quotes from Benitez today, which I'm guessing Vlad will be storing for future reference:

"I am the coach, the coach can't sign any player. It has to be the technical director or the chairman....I can guarantee you I am just focusing on training the team and trying to do my best on the pitch," said Benitez.

To put this in to context, this was his response when asked about his interest in signing 2 Liverpool players, despite alledgedly signing an agreement when he left Liverpool that said he wouldn't come back for any of their players! So, admittedly, this could be his ploy for getting Kuyt and Mascherano without being sued, but it also goes to show that even when you're the manager of the European champions, you shouldn't expect to have the final say on every transfer the club makes......

this happens and has happend in europe for years and years.....the coaches coach simple as that if club presidents want aplayer the coach has no say.....vlads only been doing the same

I know, which is why I can't understand why there's always so much hulabaloo on here whenever we sign a player who wasn't picked by the manager!

this happens and has happend in europe for years and years.....the coaches coach simple as that if club presidents want aplayer the coach has no say.....vlads only been doing the same

...as did David Murray when he signed Colin Hendry.

I know, which is why I can't understand why there's always so much hulabaloo on here whenever we sign a player who wasn't picked by the manager!

'cos normally when they pick a player they're rank? There's a fundamental difference to Madrid signing Ronaldo and us signing Witteveen - good man though he maybe.

Archived