Malcolm Robertson

Meadows

I attended Malcolm's funeral today at Mortonhall.It was the busiest funeral i have ever seen there.The Reverand James Robertson led proceedings in an uplifting and humerous way.Whilst Malcolm's family are still devasted by his loss,they would have been impressed by the number of friends there to pay their last respects. Over 200 people could not get in and had to listen from outside!

Jim Jefferies,Graham Shaw,Drew Busby,Bobby Prentice,Eamonn Bannon,Walter Kidd,Gary MacKay,Alan Anderson and no doubt many more from the footballing world were in attendance.

The South side will be rocking tonight,

Rest in Peace Malcolm...

Doctor FinnBarr

I attended Malcolm's funeral today at Mortonhall.It was the busiest funeral i have ever seen there.The Reverand James Robertson led proceedings in an uplifting and humerous way.Whilst Malcolm's family are still devasted by his loss,they would have been impressed by the number of friends there to pay their last respects. Over 200 people could not get in and had to listen from outside!

Jim Jefferies,Graham Shaw,Drew Busby,Bobby Prentice,Eamonn Bannon,Walter Kidd,Gary MacKay,Alan Anderson and no doubt many more from the footballing world were in attendance.

The South side will be rocking tonight,

Rest in Peace Malcolm...

Glad there was a good turnout. He deserved it.

My dad went there also today. He said it was a great turn out. He used to play with him at Penicuik Athletic, when they played in the final.

My dad went there also today. He said it was a great turn out. He used to play with him at Penicuik Athletic, when they played in the final.

Penicuick was mentioned during the service....seen a few Raith Rovers people too.

I was thinking about Malcolm when i was at work today. Glad he got a good send off...

Perth to Paisley

Malcolm and good send off go hand in hand!

Who can forget his; in one of his first games for us v Ayr [who he had just left] in a game that pretty much doomed us to relegation.

RIP Malcy

glad he had a good send off, r.i.p.

seconded

I had a quick look on the official site but did not see anything about a minutes applause / silence at the game this Sunday. I perhaps did not look closely enough.

I am sure there will be a minute for the supporters to show their respects / appreciation to a right good jambo

Willie? Saw him at the Cuikie players reunion recently - still as fit as a butcher's dug!

Willie? Saw him at the Cuikie players reunion recently - still as fit as a butcher's dug!

Willie Hogg indeed. Yeah, he puts me to shame a bit seeing as i am about 35 years younger then the man. I went there to pick him up at the reunion and met a few of the guys and heard the cup final football stories.

seconded

I had a quick look on the official site but did not see anything about a minutes applause / silence at the game this Sunday. I perhaps did not look closely enough.

I am sure there will be a minute for the supporters to show their respects / appreciation to a right good jambo

I was at the funeral as well ... massive turn out and I was one of the many who couldn't get in, along with JJ, Busby, Walter Kidd, etc.

Have heard from the family that there will be some sort of tribute on Sunday and I think that one of his grandchildren will be the mascot leading the team out, possibly wearing one of Malcolm's old Hearts shirts.

linkin- hearts

I was at the funeral as well ... massive turn out and I was one of the many who couldn't get in, along with JJ, Busby, Walter Kidd, etc.

Have heard from the family that there will be some sort of tribute on Sunday and I think that one of his grandchildren will be the mascot leading the team out, possibly wearing one of Malcolm's old Hearts shirts.

Well done to Hearts for arranging that, and glad he got the send off he deserved. R.I.P

Archived