Steven Husband (Nhc)

123kid

Got his first start for Blackpool the night against MK Dons. All the best to the lad, maybe a wee bit hastly letting him go.

jamboinglasgow

To me the Husband situation was that he felt he wouldn't get a chance at CM under Csaba, so Blackpool came in for him. He was agreeing it when Csaba was sacked and JJ brought in, however by that time the transfer was so far down the line that he felt he couldn't change his mind. And to be honest it was a fantastic gamble which paid off.

Best of luck to the lad, think Holloway sees him as one to work on, and i think he will create a player from him.

To me the Husband situation was that he felt he wouldn't get a chance at CM under Csaba, so Blackpool came in for him. He was agreeing it when Csaba was sacked and JJ brought in, however by that time the transfer was so far down the line that he felt he couldn't change his mind. And to be honest it was a fantastic gamble which paid off.

Best of luck to the lad, think Holloway sees him as one to work on, and i think he will create a player from him.

Yeah I heard he was one of the best talents we had. If a bit slow.

I'm not really sure what the gamble was.

jamboinglasgow

Yeah I heard he was one of the best talents we had. If a bit slow.

Funnily enough, I not sure he was one of the best, he was a decent talent dont get me wrong. But I think he have better players in central midfield coming through.

I'm not really sure what the gamble was.

gamble is maybe not the right word, meaning more that he backed the outside horse and hit the jackpot of the premier league.

I only saw him play a couple of times and prior to seeing him had been aware of others positive reviews. To say I was underwhelmed would not quite capture it.

I recognise that it was only a few games but, not good enough IMO.

Hubby always looked like he could do more than he actually was.

You always saw glimpses of real talent but I don't believe I ever saw him play a game where he really grabbed it by the scruff of the neck.

The right manager could get that out of him though.

Blackpool fans I know think he does 2 good things and then one bad. When they signed him they were likely looking for a player that could cut it in a mid Championship team. One for the future then... :rolleyes:

rudi must stay

he's a loss to hearts imo, anytime i watched the lad he done well and should've been given a chance.

not sure were really missing him. Like Black he looked a bit lightweight IMO, he passed it around well though..

not sure were really missing him. Like Black he looked a bit lightweight IMO, he passed it around well though..

Have you seen what going to the EPL does to a player though I would doubt Husband is lightweight now.I seen McCarthy playing for Wigan against Chelsea and instead of the wee boy he was up here he now looks muscular as ****.

jamboinglasgow

Hubby always looked like he could do more than he actually was.

You always saw glimpses of real talent but I don't believe I ever saw him play a game where he really grabbed it by the scruff of the neck.

The right manager could get that out of him though.

good summary. I remember watching him play for the U19s in the 07/08 season and thought he did quite well. But I watched him the following year in the reserves and thought he was a shadow of what he could be. Strange thing is I watched him in matches and thought he was fairly average surrounded by players who played better but others at the game thought he was MotM. He does have talent and could be a great player but I think as you say he needs the right manager to bring it out.

Have you seen what going to the EPL does to a player though I would doubt Husband is lightweight now.I seen McCarthy playing for Wigan against Chelsea and instead of the wee boy he was up here he now looks muscular as ****.

I may have caught him in a different light, but, "lightweight" was not the most accurate term for his physical status when I saw him play.

I may have caught him in a different light, but, "lightweight" was not the most accurate term for his physical status when I saw him play.

I never actually seen Husband play myself just going by what the previous poster had said.

jamboinglasgow

exactly, you may of been able to call some of our youngsters lightweight but you could never label Stephen that, brick house was a more accurate description.

Guest jambomickey

exactly, you may of been able to call some of our youngsters lightweight but you could never label Stephen that, brick house was a more accurate description.

the kid was solid in the middle of the park, he was never given the chance he deservrd imo.

rudi must stay

not when I saw him play. He shirked challenges, as I said he passed it around well though. We have a few players like him in the squad already so I don't think it was a mistake selling him, that was really my main point..

I never actually seen Husband play myself just going by what the previous poster had said.

I wasn't knocking you or the other dude, dude. Just offering my opinion. :)

Archived