Good Luck For The Rest Of The Season

Elginfan

The whole experience of this cup tie has been a very pleasing one, not just because of how proud I am of how our players performed, but also because of all the pre and post match banter on here, how friendly every Hearts fan I met was, how impressed I was by Tynecastle and the general set up at Hearts. Despite being a lowly third division club, we were given a lot of respect from the second the draw was made from your Manager, who highlighted this by playing his strongest possible side against us. I'm also impressed with the amount of respect I received on here through private messages and on the forum.

Hearts have had a hell of a lot of bad press throughout the Romanov era, but I have to admit to having a wee soft spot for Hearts after this week and will be hoping they do well from now on (especially vs Caley). From an outsider looking in, Jim Jeffries looks to finally be the manager Hearts need to progress and hopefully your days of player and internal unrest are over and you can concentrate on getting closer to the old firm.

So good luck for the rest of the season (again, especially vs Caley) and hopefully we'll draw you again in the Scottish Cup as I'd love for us to get the chance to go back, especially for a weekend game. We'd have a great time and you'd have an easy route to the next round, so it would be win/win all round again!

mon the city!!

Johanes de Silentio

Same to you, bud - keep posting if you like, updates and all that - all the best to Elgin City! :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nice to hear my friend and I extend to you the same salutations. I was not at the game as I was in Marrakech getting engaged but I wish I had been able to make it as Elgin City are one of the few Scottish clubs I have never seen in the flesh.

One wee thing though, the whole bad press thing that you mentioned... For that to be important it would need to be something that people -such as yourself- are in some kind of way offended by or have missgivings about... What are these things?

As far as I can see it the worst thing that Vlad has done to the Scottish footballinf community at large has been to win a major teophy (Scottish Cuup), Split the Old Firm -no bad thong surely as a neutral?- and be the guy that funds the team that helped haul the Huns doon af their feckin high-horse when Kaunas fecked them oot if the 0champions Leeague and and fecked them financially!

All the bad press we get is actually funny from a Hearts fans point of view but the thought that neutral and regular guys such as yourself are dragged in by it worries me a bit. I understand why the OF-sucking press do not like us but for other teams to mistake us for the problem, while the OF try and kill our game, is a sad indictment of the stupid (weegie press) coaxing the many for their own benefit.

:ere's a good question for you as a neutral Scottish football fan: What is one -proven and factual- thing that Vlad has ACTUALLY DONE to the detriment of the game in this country... Now... Think about all the things the Huns and Tims have done to try and ruin our sport...Dinnae ever be taken in by the bull-crepe that these OF feckin papers spout, they are full of it and they would always much prefer that you kept an eye on the pantomime vilain, while they steal your heitage, right from under your very eyes.

The whole experience of this cup tie has been a very pleasing one, not just because of how proud I am of how our players performed, but also because of all the pre and post match banter on here, how friendly every Hearts fan I met was, how impressed I was by Tynecastle and the general set up at Hearts. Despite being a lowly third division club, we were given a lot of respect from the second the draw was made from your Manager, who highlighted this by playing his strongest possible side against us. I'm also impressed with the amount of respect I received on here through private messages and on the forum.

Hearts have had a hell of a lot of bad press throughout the Romanov era, but I have to admit to having a wee soft spot for Hearts after this week and will be hoping they do well from now on (especially vs Caley). From an outsider looking in, Jim Jeffries looks to finally be the manager Hearts need to progress and hopefully your days of player and internal unrest are over and you can concentrate on getting closer to the old firm.

So good luck for the rest of the season (again, especially vs Caley) and hopefully we'll draw you again in the Scottish Cup as I'd love for us to get the chance to go back, especially for a weekend game. We'd have a great time and you'd have an easy route to the next round, so it would be win/win all round again!

mon the city!!

Was at the game las night, really enjoyed it, you elgen fans were louder and brought some bigger away support compared to some teams in the spl. Hope you guys do good as well this season (unless we meet you in the Scottish cup :P lol. Take care and hope you come back for more online banters.

One wee thing though, the whole bad press thing that you mentioned... For that to be important it would need to be something that people -such as yourself- are in some kind of way offended by or have missgivings about... What are these things?

The type of stories I'm talking about in regards to the bad press Hearts have had is things such as the whole 'Riccarton 3' row (including all the Hartley not signing that document a few weeks ago), the sacking of Burley and appointment of Graham Rix, Romanov being portrayed as a man giving Lithuanian players a chance ahead of young Scottish players and the appointments of little known foreign managers.

I'm not one to follow the press that much anyway as my interest is much more in the SFL and the Scottish Media do a lazy, half arsed and shitty job of covering lower league football in Scotland, so reading their old firm orientated pish doesn't interest me, but the stories mentioned above are ones that I've found have portrayed Hearts/Romanov in a bad light over the years.

Nice of you to say so mate :thumbsup:

Youre bang on re Romanov by the way. its good to hear a fan of another team actually givin the Hearts a break for once, it doesnt happen very often u see. Most non Jambos I meet are happy to trot out the auld "Mad Vlad" pish again and again, time after time.

orra best anyway mate. I'd love to say we may share a pint one day, but I cannot see myself ever EVER goin to Elgin, so I wont bother :thumbsup::ninja:

Elginfan - I've been impressed by the way you've been treated on this site even although it's what I expect from Jambos. There are some on here who do not portray the club in a good light, so it's good to see they can shut up sometimes. Glad you had a good experience and I have to say your fans constant singing etc put many SPL teams to shame (incluiding us last night!!). You lot are welcome back any time.

Have kept an eye out fot Elgin since I met a wee lad (Brian, I think) who was disabled and in hospital. He was Elgin's mascot around the time of the cup tie against Ran**ers in 1967(?) I think. Some players turned up in Edinburgh to see him and try to get him along to the match. Don't know what happened to him...

Guest GhostHunter

Any more Elgin threads and I'm going to merge them into one Elgin Superthread.

Fair Warning.

:ninja:

:lol:

Johanes de Silentio

Fair Warning.

:ninja:

Nice use of humour - like it! :thumbsup:

I have a lot of time for supporters of clubs from lower divisions especially from the nether regions of the 3rd Division. They are generally very knowledgeable about football and support their team with a passion. Having lived a couple of years in Nairn, I know how seriously football is taken in those parts.

Best wishes to Elgin for the rest of the season.

linkin- hearts

mon the city!!

What a wonderfully, refreshing post, not like the usual bitter remarks we usually get from jealous supporters of other SPL clubs who always hope we fail in everything we do.I, for one would be happy to speak with you any time, Elginfan, and good luck to your boys for the rest of the season:thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Been up to Elgin a good few times over the past couple of years and have started looking out for their scores every week.

Hopefully your slump will halt soon and will kick on and you never know, the play-offs could be on the cards.

Hopefully be able to get a nice Scottish Cup tie against you either at Tynie or Borough Briggs (will be an interesting away trip if nothing else :D )

Keep posting on here Elginfan, always nice to hear objective views on some topics rather than the same tired old views of certain posters on here :whistling:

scottish_chicP

That's always nice to hear! (not that we hear it very often)

I will certainly be watching out for the Elgin scores from now on and will be willing them on! :teehee:

mon the city!!

Great post Elginfan . Good luck for the season.

If you ever want to join us jambos for a few pints and maybe join us in the away end when we visit ICT, just get in touch with anyone on here and we will sort you out a ticket mate :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Good luck Eligin for the remainder of the season - will keep half an eye on them and a wee trip to Borough Briggs in the Scottish would be nice.

mon the city!!

Nice one Elginfan... keep posting!

Elgin are my second team incidentally, so I always lookout for the scores although I haven't been to a game in donkeys.

Best of luck for the season ahead.

Midloth_Iain

I have a lot of time for supporters of clubs from lower divisions especially from the nether regions of the 3rd Division. They are generally very knowledgeable about football and support their team with a passion. Having lived a couple of years in Nairn, I know how seriously football is taken in those parts.

Best wishes to Elgin for the rest of the season.

Theres nothing as depressing as , whilst visiting places like Elgin, Nairn, etc, finding "local" Old Firm fans! :(

Its always good to hear from genuine fans of other lesser acclaimed clubs. :thumbsup:

Best of luck for the rest of the season. How do you fancy Witteveen on loan ? :whistling:

Snake Plissken

There's a good boy.

patonhead.jpg

If you're house-trained perhaps we'll keep you as our pet.

Great post Elginfan.

Out of interest, why do you think that Elgin have struggled so much in the SFL compared to the other Highland Leagues teams that have come in?

An Elgin superthread is a great idea :thumbsup:

There's a good boy.

If you're house-trained perhaps we'll keep you as our pet.

Great post Elginfan.

Out of interest, why do you think that Elgin have struggled so much in the SFL compared to the other Highland Leagues teams that have come in?

A massive problem was the huge overestimation the club made about our gates in the SFL. In the 80's and early 90's, we were regularly having 4 figure crowds at Elgin and it was believed that similar crowds could be reached as an SFL club, so our playing budget in the first season was in line with the club's estimated gates, but it just didn't happen, so we were losing money from the start.

Things are slowly getting there though as we've broke even over the last few seasons and just need some success on the pitch to get more punters through the gate to allow us to progress. We're debt free as they were paid off in 2006 by our majority shareholder, so if we can just get it right on the pitch, the future is bright.

Everybody loves Baz

Heartwarming post :thumbsup:

Soppy poof post imo.

Would love us to get Elgin in the Scottish Cup. Had many great away trips to Elgin following Caley in the Highland League. I used to hate them more than Hibs!

chester copperpot

It's the feel good story of the year. :D

Good luck to Elgin this season. :thumbsup:

Lets not turn it into a Gretna love in though :lol:

Nice touch from the lad though, fair play.

nice posting elgin fan. i definitely enjoyed reading your thoughts in the build up to the match, and even more glad you had a decent experience of our forum, and our fans!

hope you hang around, cos its great to have fans of other teams who can post well, debate well and have a bit of banter with us.

hope your team do well, and it would be sweet if we could get you again in the scottish cup draw

toodles thumbsup.gif

Craig Herbertson

Good luck pal. I think its great that you support your local team. If everyone did that Scottish football would probably not be in such a mess.

who do elgin play this weekend?

Home to Stranraer. Imagine not knowing this!!!

Good luck Elgin, especially this weekend as Elgin at home to Stranraer is going on my coupon given the relatively enormous travelling distance for a shite team!

Archived