Next Season's Strip 2011/12?

Tott

Hopefully they will bring out new strips in june next year.Leaving it for 2 days before season starts is a joke!

Anyway wots happening with THIS years away strip.When is it coming out and why the long delay? :whistling:

An all maroon home shirt would be not only a very good start, but a dramatic improvement.

Hopefully they will bring out new strips in june next year.Leaving it for 2 days before season starts is a joke!

Anyway wots happening with THIS years away strip.When is it coming out and why the long delay? :whistling:

Out in September think its the 2nd week into it.

Next seasons home strip has input from us I believe so will not have been planned yet -- keep an eye on all those designs made so far and in about 6 months or so it will be time for submission.

Now who do we blame then for the strip design ?

An all maroon home shirt would be not only a very good start, but a dramatic improvement.

I think it is a certainty Matt.

My theory is that this season we have went that little bit different as a precursor to that little bit, dare I say it, traditional. Going from maroon to, well, maroon would not have had the huge impact that going from this strip to a more traditional, plain maroon strip would.

I think they have had an idea to do something different for a bit and have purposely popped it in before giving the plain maroon strip a go.

I think it is a certainty Matt.

My theory is that this season we have went that little bit different as a precursor to that little bit, dare I say it, traditional. Going from maroon to, well, maroon would not have had the huge impact that going from this strip to a more traditional, plain maroon strip would.

I think they have had an idea to do something different for a bit and have purposely popped it in before giving the plain maroon strip a go.

Nah... you credit them with a modicum of intelligence. I think some marketing idiot with no grasp at all of Hearts' history had a wet dream and unfortunately, convinced his superiors to indulge him.

Drylaw Hearts

Nah... you credit them with a modicum of intelligence. I think some marketing idiot with no grasp at all of Hearts' history had a wet dream and unfortunately, convinced his superiors to indulge him.

His name......

Lawrence Brodie.

His name......

Lawrence Brodie.

Whoever it was. I stand by my assessment. That strip design is poor. A retro look at the 70s? What a great decade that was. :rolleyes: A maroon strip with a white collar which harks back to the 50s and our golden age would be more appropriate. A person more in tune with our history would have reflected a period of success instead of one which saw the start of our (thankfully short-term) decline which culminated in the yo-yo years.

I watched the highlights of the Elgin game today on HW. Surprisingly to some this is not a HW rant, in fact the experience was quite good. What I did notice at least on TV was that when the picture was totally face on to a player he seemed to be wearing all white. I found myself a couple of times getting confused with the teams. It just didn't seem right watching a Hearts home game and the guy making the pass seemed to be in all white. I realise my old eyes are not as good as they were, but surely the home team should be the one with a distinctive color from all angles.

The Treasurer

Whoever it was. I stand by my assessment. That strip design is poor. A retro look at the 70s? What a great decade that was. :rolleyes: A maroon strip with a white collar which harks back to the 50s and our golden age would be more appropriate. A person more in tune with our history would have reflected a period of success instead of one which saw the start of our (thankfully short-term) decline which culminated in the yo-yo years.

We disagree on many other topics (well at least one) smile.gif but I am in full agreement with you here thumbsup.gif

The Old Tolbooth

With Umbro designing the kit so far in advance, can someone remind me what Hearts excuse for not getting the kits launched until 2 days before the season was again?

kingantti1874

Thought hearts announced te design would be chosen by the fans this year... It has to be better than this years abomination

Thought hearts announced te design would be chosen by the fans this year... It has to be better than this years abomination

No need,how hard is it to design a maroon top.Umbro get the Manchester City tops spot on,fail to see how they made a ^^^^ of ours. :(

Rudolf's Mate

Was just about to post the same myself re the 70's with the White collar.... Even down to the take the skin off ur nipple fabric. ?

That was my first strip and i loved it right to the point where i put my iron mark on the front of it!

Archived