Spurs V Young Boys

The Merse

Looking forward to it.

It's a really strong team they've got out, I can see Spurs getting a couple. Bale has looked so dangerous, their biggest threat this season by a long way.

Malinga the Swinga

Should defoe now be penalised by Eufa for cheating, as clearly Defoe knew what he was doing and handled the ball to gain an advantage? What is the difference between diving for penalty and clearly handling to gain an advantage. Can't wait to hear the media complaints about English cheat.

Robbie Keane must be raging as he complained lomng and hard anout Henry, and this was just as bad. Beglin and Townsend were another two Irish who complained, but guess as its wonder boy, things will get glossed over and finish will be all that matters.

And there we have the expected hypocrisy from the pundits. 'Little bit of handball, but great finish', Defoe painted as a cheeky and loveable miscreant, etc. While I couldn't care less that Tottenham are two up through cheating, the bit about this that bothers me is that the same pundits sit there and criticise and vilify certain other players/referees (read: foreign ones) when really, any other player would and indeed DO do the same.

Also, 5 referees still aren't enough. Will FIFA ever see sense?

And there we have the expected hypocrisy from the pundits. 'Little bit of handball, but great finish', Defoe painted as a cheeky and loveable miscreant, etc. While I couldn't care less that Tottenham are two up through cheating, the bit about this that bothers me is that the same pundits sit there and criticise and vilify certain other players/referees (read: foreign ones) when really, any other player would and indeed DO do the same.

Also, 5 referees still aren't enough. Will FIFA ever see sense?

Exactly.

It's the club/country involved that determines the pundits reaction - no one had ever handled the ball to gain an advantage before Henry done it against Ireland according to the majority of them.

Archived