Fao Birmingham Jambos

Sergio Garcia

Sergio Garcia

Bit of a long shot but wondering if theres any Birmingham based Jambos that travel up for the games.

Im planning on heading down to Birmingham straight after the game against Rangers so anytime around 2 and looking for the cheapest method to get down and arrive in Birmingham for around 8 at the latest?

All tips greatly welcomed!

Bit of a long shot but wondering if theres any Birmingham based Jambos that travel up for the games.

Im planning on heading down to Birmingham straight after the game against Rangers so anytime around 2 and looking for the cheapest method to get down and arrive in Birmingham for around 8 at the latest?

All tips greatly welcomed!

Living not far north of Brum I can tell you you'll be very lucky to get from Edin-Brum on a Saturday in 5 hours. It usually takes me over 4 hours from here (35 miles north) , flat out and with a big slice of luck. I had a look at Flybe and they have a dead cheap flight at 18.35 on that day which would get you into Brum airport at 19.45.assuming you have only hand baggage , you could be in Brum within the hour as Brum International is 5 mins from the airport and every train that passes through stops at New St.

New St is 20-25 mins by train. Maybe BA have a slightly earlier flight ?

If time is the main driver you're gonna have to fly or get lucky with a lift. You could try the Manchester Hearts guys - some of them might be travelling straight back after the game and could maybe drop you off en route to pick up train.

CavySlaveJambo

There are trains direct to birmingham. And the virgin ones can take 4 hrs. Goes at 2:57. Arrives 18.55. Booked in advance you can get some good deals.

Flybe fly EDI-BHX. The flight you'd be able to get is 18.35.

BA fly EDI-London and that is it.

After I posted I remembered that BA hived off the routes from B'ham to FlyBe (doh!).

Plane or train is the only way. And not much difference in price from what I can see.

Archived