All Quiet On The Transfer Front

joshp

Not heard anything for a while about new players..

Is JJ still looking for a midfielder?

Or is he holding out til Killie come back and say we can take Bryson?

Or is he just content with his current squad?

As the old adage goes: No news is, er..................................................................................... no news.

Jefferies is still looking at a few players in the midfield position. We have made an offer to Killie and told them that we won't increase it, that offer is there and open for them to come back to us when/if they want to do business.

Jefferies would like Bryson, but we've been told that there are other players in his sights. I wouldn't worry about this, there's still a week left and even if a deal isn't done, we can go back in January when Killie might be in far more trouble. If not, then it gives us 4 months to look at other options.

Jefferies is still looking at a few players in the midfield position. We have made an offer to Killie and told them that we won't increase it, that offer is there and open for them to come back to us when/if they want to do business.

Jefferies would like Bryson, but we've been told that there are other players in his sights. I wouldn't worry about this, there's still a week left and even if a deal isn't done, we can go back in January when Killie might be in far more trouble. If not, then it gives us 4 months to look at other options.

A few weeks back JJ was quoted as saying that he's close to a player, but it may not come off till near the transfer window, after it becomes clear whether this player is in his teams plans. Are we to believe that the player was Stephen Elliott, and we got him earlier than expected, or is it someone else????

A few weeks back JJ was quoted as saying that he's close to a player, but it may not come off till near the transfer window, after it becomes clear whether this player is in his teams plans. Are we to believe that the player was Stephen Elliott, and we got him earlier than expected, or is it someone else????

I don't think that was Elliott, but all these press releases seem to merge into one after all this stuff.

I think we're still in for a midfielder, maybe we were close to signing someone and terms couldn't be agreed etc. Any number of things can go wrong, that's why we're not told every time Hearts are in talks with a player.

I think we'll be trying to bring in another, maybe make another offer on deadline day for Bryson if we've still not got someone. But if we don't sign anyone else, I'm not too worried.

I doubt we'll get Bryson, if another club came in and offered the same money as Hearts, their chairman would quite happily sell him to them, it's Jefferies he's got a problem with. We only got Kyle 'cos he was out of contract.

gorgie_rebel

I don't think we'll see another new face at Tynecastle this window TBH.

JJ has made it clear he's in the market for an attacking/creative midfielder and players and agents will be well aware of that.

The fact that there is no hints or rumours around suggests to me that anyone that has been looked at is either not interested in coming or out of the price range.

Time to give Stevenson the role and see what happens come January.

Drylaw Hearts

I doubt we'll get Bryson, if another club came in and offered the same money as Hearts, their chairman would quite happily sell him to them, it's Jefferies he's got a problem with. We only got Kyle 'cos he was out of contract.

The final decision will be Bryson's though.

I'd be delighted if the transfer window shut tonight, with no further business in or out of Tynecastle. Being realistic, things have gone about as well as we could have hoped for.

After watching the three games this season feel we are still missing the final piece of the jigsaw. Ie. attacking midfielder in the form of Cameron or Hartley 2005. Pretty sure JJ will be aware of this but whether we can still get someone in is another matter. If we cant think that giving Stevenson a run in this role is the way forward because after last night dont think the striker role suits him at all. <_<

Apart from him there is no one else in the midfield that can play this role although think Robinson might be a possibility when he has more experience.

Wouldnt be surprised though if JJ got Bryson at last minute. :thumbsup:

I'd be delighted if the transfer window shut tonight, with no further business in or out of Tynecastle. Being realistic, things have gone about as well as we could have hoped for.

I almost agree with this, only quibbling slightly with the emboldened term. I would like to see Hearts sign another player but would be perfectly content with what we have. I do not think (unlike many previous transfer windows) that a further player is a necessity. If I was to be perfectly honest, I am not sure how much my thinking is to do with that psychological issue of "always need one more player". I wasn't at the game last night, but from looking at the substitutions is it a safe guess that Robinson came on in midfield? If so, any signing like Bryson would hinder the progress of Robinson. It's a choice of the short term or long term and I could see the merits in both tbh.

Drylaw Hearts

I would still like to see a few more players emptied.

Btw....

I see Kucharski wasn't involved again last night - will this guy ever take the hint ?

I almost agree with this, only quibbling slightly with the emboldened term. I would like to see Hearts sign another player but would be perfectly content with what we have.

I think the rest of your post explains it quite well; everyone always wants new signings! I was convinced that we'd lose more than one of Wallace, Driver, Jonsson, Zaliukas or Kello this transfer window. To have lost none of them (touch wood), along with the signings made, leaves HMFC in as strong an on-field position as it has been for years.

Btw....

I see Kucharski wasn't involved again last night - will this guy ever take the hint ?

Odd post - what's the guy supposed to do, out of interest? Request that his contract be torn up?

Drylaw Hearts

Odd post - what's the guy supposed to do, out of interest? Request that his contract be torn up?

Find another club - pronto.

Find another club - pronto.

If he's not been told to do so by the management (which, presumably, he hasn't), then why would he?

Drylaw Hearts

Maybe he can't be arsed

You're probably right.

If he's not been told to do so by the management (which, presumably, he hasn't), then why would he?

I'm pretty sure JJ will have told him he's not part of his plans seeing as he hasn't played him in ANY of the first team matches since the players returned from preseason.

I think the rest of your post explains it quite well; everyone always wants new signings! I was convinced that we'd lose more than one of Wallace, Driver, Jonsson, Zaliukas or Kello this transfer window. To have lost none of them (touch wood), along with the signings made, leaves HMFC in as strong an on-field position as it has been for years.

I agree.

I felt absolutely certain that Wallace and Zaliukas would leave prior to the end of the window. If Wallace is still here in September I will be a combination of astounded and delighted. Your last remark is telling; We only signed three. Three players and that horrible team we watched last season suddenly looks quite handy.

I miss Laszlo. :(

Your last remark is telling; We only signed three. Three players and that horrible team we watched last season suddenly looks quite handy.

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. :whistling:

I agree.

I felt absolutely certain that Wallace and Zaliukas would leave prior to the end of the window. If Wallace is still here in September I will be a combination of astounded and delighted. Your last remark is telling; We only signed three. Three players and that horrible team we watched last season suddenly looks quite handy.

We've signed five, Kello, Elliott, Kyle, Mrowiecz and Barr

We've signed five, Kello, Elliott, Kyle, Mrowiecz and Barr

I forgot about Mrowiec but Kello is a technicality.

Noticed Bryson not playing for killie last night. Should we read anything in to this or does anyone know if he was injured? Think we still need to strengthen this area of the team even with eggy and stevenson coming back. We have plenty of defensive options and too few attacking ones. I think we may wait and see re Bryson but hope we have a plan B if that falls through.

Archived