Heartsworld New Commentary Team

Beverley

Chad Sexington

Maybe this will mean we get to hear what is actually taking place on the park rather than have to endure painful attempts at "comedy". <_<

HW's commentators have been horribly self indulgent lately. Believe it or not, I dont tune in to listen to their chat. I tune in to hear a commentary on the game that is slanted towards supporters of Hearts.

Hopefully things will improve with the new guy coming in.

ah but i've loved donkey and garys banter as well. its lawrence that annoys the hell out of me. he's an utter trumpet to be honest.

i know what you mean though chad, but gary always made me laugh

Genghis Khan

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100825/all-new-heartstv-commentary-team-announced_2241384_2132975

gonna miss donkeys commentary.down.gif

good luck to the new guy though, hope he does as well as mark has down the years

I doubt it as it looks like he's a sheep sh***er.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/77698-hartley-on-radio-scotland/page__view__findpost__p__1795623

Chad Sexington

ah but i've loved donkey and garys banter as well. its lawrence that annoys the hell out of me. he's an utter trumpet to be honest.

i know what you mean though chad, but gary always made me laugh

Mmmm. Cant say I'm a fan, Bev.

I'm sure he's a good Jambo and all but he spends more time spraffing to his two cronies about nowt than describing the game.

It's annoying as **** to be honest.

Don't start until the Motherwell game?

Mmmmm, getting the feeling I'm getting roped into the 12pm KO, 6.30am start, trip to Inverness.

I've covered one game before with 0 hours of sleep. I'm sure I could do it again.

Donkey: and Hearts have a throw in deep inside the Elgin half.

Lawrence: Bla, facebook, give us a message, Marlon King, blabla, what I had for dinner last night, look at the linesman's shorts, that guy in the crowd looks funny, who's the physio's assistant? I should well do the Hearts fitness initiative har har har, Jimmy what do you think about marlon king?

What some perhaps fail to remember is that Hearts TV is not meant to be a clone of BBC commentary -- it is meant to be more for the fans and address a more local audience.

It should involve banter and attempt to draw a more local picture of the game and its environs -- this means there will be less direct commentary and a bit more discussion of other matters.

For what its worth it does the job for me when required and despite being panned by some on here is worth the money.

I've heard that David Ridd guy doing the sports bulletins on Northsound 1 a few times.

As far as I remember, he seemed very competent and knowledgeable - I certainly remember his Edinburgh accent!

Chad Sexington

What some perhaps fail to remember is that Hearts TV is not meant to be a clone of BBC commentary -- it is meant to be more for the fans and address a more local audience.

It should involve banter and attempt to draw a more local picture of the game and its environs -- this means there will be less direct commentary and a bit more discussion of other matters.

For what its worth it does the job for me when required and despite being panned by some on here is worth the money.

Feel free to point out where anyone has asked for a "clone of BBC commentary". :rolleyes:

I've no problem with a more informal style and a bit of banter during the match.

The problem with the HW guys is they seem to forget that the reason they are there is to describe events unfolding on the pitch. Not guffaw like bairns on a sugar rush, sharing countless unfuuny in-jokes, while the action rages on around them...unreported. :angry:

Archived