Scott Robinson (Merged Threads)

JamboJohn1874

JamboJohn1874

Was very pleased to a young guy like him get on last night and he was looked sharper than ever, taking his goal really well. He seems to have many attributes Clum does not, like incredible pace and an understanding of how to play beside a big centre forward.

Give him more of a chance JJ.

Let?s see what all our forwards can do with the layoffs from Kyle, so a comparison can be made. Ranger and Celtic are not exactly going to be trembling with fear if they see Clum on the teamsheet.

tartofmidlothian

Was very pleased to a young guy like him get on last night and he was looked sharper than ever, taking his goal really well. He seems to have many attributes Clum does not, like incredible pace and an understanding of how to play beside a big centre forward.

Let?s see what all our forwards can do with the layoffs from Kyle, so a comparison can be made. Ranger and Celtic are not exactly going to be trembling with fear if they see Clum on the teamsheet.

Post from last season, IMO.

Agree with the rest, though.

The will if he keeps banging in the goals.

We_are_the_Hearts

Clum has scored 3 goals in 2 games against SPL sides. Robinson has scored 1 goal against the worst team in Scotland who were knackered. Think Clum deserves to keep his place if we go 2 up. Robinson will get his chance at some point but doubt he will strike fear into the OF :unsure::rolleyes:

This seems more like a post to bash elliot than talking up Robinson. Elliot has been superb so far. Robinson may well come good but calm down we were playing Elgin

Thundercats Are Go

What a horrendous OP. how on earth can you have a pop at Calum with the goals he has scored so far? Give the lad a break FFS, not as if he could have had a better start to the season.

rossthejambo

I'm almost speechless.

The fact that Robinson has said himself that he prefers midfield is clearly irrelevent to the OP.

3 goals in 2 games, when we've been screaming for a striker to score goals, and we still have people wanting to bash him. What outstanding fans we have in our midst :ermm:

Chad Sexington

What a horrendous OP. how on earth can you have a pop at Calum with the goals he has scored so far? Give the lad a break FFS, not as if he could have had a better start to the season.

I could't agree more with this post.

Didn't predict that one coming did you? ;)

Thundercats Are Go

I could't agree more with this post.

Didn't predict that one coming did you? ;)

No, i was wrong about you obviously. You da Man! :thumbsup:

Boomstick agrees.

What the **** is in the water today?

why not just post a thread slagging off elliot, rather than posting one, supposedly about robinson, that is clearly just a thinly veiled attempt to have a sly dig at elliot.

bloody hell, give the lad a break

yeah he's been honking for ages, but its a new season, a clean sheet as far as i'm concerned and the lad has scored THREE goals in 2 games ffs!

what more can you ask for?

well, other than for him to keep up his terrific start of course!

This really does prove the point that opinions are like arseholes.....................everybody has one and they all stink.

Robinson's time will come. I'd hope that in the not too distant future we could have a potential Colquhoun(Templeton)/Clark(Kyle)/Robertson(Robinson,Glen) style frontline. Elliot has done well so far but we'll see if his new-found fanbase will still be as tolerant of him in games against the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hibs etc...

I hope he's finally turned the corner but i wait with baited breath for future posts criticising him after those types of games.

The fact that Robinson has said himself that he prefers midfield is clearly irrelevent to the OP.

And the fact that JJ is on record as saying he will give Robinson time in U19s to play midfield, has also passed the OP by.

Malcolm Tucker

Ok then BibleJohn, I'm going to assume you're either a child, blind or handicapped.

Cheers.

Robinson's time will come. I'd hope that in the not too distant future we could have a potential Colquhoun(Templeton)/Clark(Kyle)/Robertson(Robinson,Glen) style frontline. Elliot has done well so far but we'll see if his new-found fanbase will still be as tolerant of him in games against the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hibs etc...

I hope he's finally turned the corner but i wait with baited breath for future posts criticising him after those types of games.

Its not a new found fanbase it is just this post was disguised as a Robinson thread when it clearly aimed to bas Elliot who has not just scored three in two. He's also improved in his all round play and they were three very well taken goals that wouldn't have been scored last year. I don't claim to be his biggest fan but we have to give the guy a break.

Off topic but when Robinson came on for wallace, who got the captains armband? Jonsson?

Oh and to the OP, Jefferies had made it clear he sees Robinson as a midfielder and he will be palying as one in the U19s this season. I'd rather see him play 20 games for them than 2 for us in the first team.

Footballfirst

Off topic but when Robinson came on for wallace, who got the captains armband? Jonsson?

Oh and to the OP, Jefferies had made it clear he sees Robinson as a midfielder and he will be palying as one in the U19s this season. I'd rather see him play 20 games for them than 2 for us in the first team.

Jonsson did get the armband.

However, I hope that JJ doesn't do what he and CL did last season with Robinson, G Smith and C Thomson, by taking the youngsters out of the U19s and have them sitting on the bench week after week. They will soon lose their match sharpness if they don't play regularly. If we want to reward the U19s for good performances by all means have them on the bench for a week or two at a time, but please let them rejoin the U19s to get some decent match play behind them.

I would encourage the mods to stop this clown from posting about Calum Elliot. As has been commented several times before, there is clearly a bitter personal agenda at work here (check his posting history, he posts almost exclusively about Elliot) and it should not be allowed to spill on to a public forum. JamboJohn1874 is easily the worst contributor on Kickback, a complete and utter erse.

I would encourage the mods to stop this clown from posting about Calum Elliot. As has been commented several times before, there is clearly a bitter personal agenda at work here (check his posting history, he posts almost exclusively about Elliot) and it should not be allowed to spill on to a public forum. JamboJohn1874 is easily the worst contributor on Kickback, a complete and utter erse.

Didn't realise this.

Did Calum do a special version of his leapfrog dance with your bird jambojohn ?

Charlie-Brown

Martin perhaps it's just that John feels he didn't get the fame or credit he was due for his part in their dancing video? :biggrin:

gorgie rd eh11

Why will you be waiting with "baited breath" for posts criticizing him?

He's getting deserved praise for his recent performances where he has worked his a**e off and played well. You sound disappointed that he's getting some praise.

The People's Chimp

:rofl: Brilliant. JamboJohn1874 GTF.

Frankenstein Jambo.

FFS. The OP is honking.

What can Elliot do other than score goals and put in a decent shift?

IMO it is to early to say that if he is the goal scorer we have been craving but he certainly is doing everything he needs to at the moment.

Ray Winstone

Oh very dear.

Drylaw Hearts

Scott Robinson should be involved with the first team squad as often as possible as I think he can go on to be a cracking player.

He definitely has something about him.

Why will you be waiting with "baited breath" for posts criticizing him?

He's getting deserved praise for his recent performances where he has worked his a**e off and played well. You sound disappointed that he's getting some praise.

Not at all, but you know as well as i do that the next time he doesn't play well or score in a run of games, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

I'm quite happy that he's scoring at the moment, it's about time, it's the two-facedness of some folk that never ceases to amaze, folk that dislike him yet suddenly change their minds when it's going well all of a sudden, that's all.

gorgie_rebel

I like the look of Robinson but would rather he was given some more time in the reserves/U19's/whatever as droppng straight into the first team squad will harm his game.

Do the likes of Robinson, Glen, McGowan, Mulroony etc, spend some time training alongside the first team squad??

Think credit where it's due is in order from the OP. Elliot has been superb so far this season. Different player under JJ me thinks.

:rofl: Brilliant. JamboJohn1874 GTF.

More concise than I put it, but yes that is the message here. :teehee:

Interest piece about him in todays EEN, the main thing is that he is out of contract at the end of this year ! I thought the guy was outstanding for us last year in the role he was used in, he seem to grow with every game he played, would hate to see the guy leave for nothing ! JJ get him signed NOW !

I've stood by calum elliot whenever he has played. People give him alot of stick for things that were outwith his control, I.e injuries ect. These injuiries could be blamed on CL, as he was the one with the boring training, that seemed to cause a LOT of players to be injured for long periods of time last season.

What I will say is, where calum has scored 3 good goals, its not going to be able to last all season, its only going to take 1 bad game for him to have and before you know it he is being slated. People just need to calm thier opinions on him, hes still really young and if you give him afew years scoring 10 goals a season untill he matures more and learns the game a little better. He has everything there to become a great striker he just needs to read play a little better to pounce on chances.

loveofthegame

Get the wee man on a long term deal now JJ!! Would like to see him signed up for the next 3 years at least.

JamboJohn1874

That is the beauty of forums isn't it, they are here so everyone can express their opinions. If you didn't like what mines is, why on earth are you bothering to read and then comment on it.....

For the record yet again, I have never once met or know anyone related to in any way shape of form Calum Elliot. I am just a concerned supporter who has watched Hearts long enough (since mid 70's) to know that we can do better.

Now that this has been cleared up, I hear from another thread that Clum requires knee surgery (injured yet again!). With this in mind I may have to start focusing on Black,who is getting close to a becoming a wage thief and my new pet hate!

rossthejambo

That is the beauty of forums isn't it, they are here so everyone can express their opinions. If you didn't like what mines is, why on earth are you bothering to read and then comment on it.....

For the record yet again, I have never once met or know anyone related to in any way shape of form Calum Elliot. I am just a concerned supporter who has watched Hearts long enough (since mid 70's) to know that we can do better.

Now that this has been cleared up, I hear from another thread that Clum requires knee surgery (injured yet again!). With this in mind I may have to start focusing on Black,who is getting close to a becoming a wage thief and my new pet hate!

So you're in your 40's (or dam near close to it) and you have players who are pet hates?

It's not just me that thinks this is rasper material is it? :blink:

JamboJohn1874

How about just no being a cocksocket and feeling you *have* to get on someone's back.

Come on BibleJohn. Gies a break.

I fully understand the sentiment; however I personally feel it is our duty as supporters to point out where we are not happy with OUR Hearts team. The truth is, if I were the only one concerned with Black, or Elliot for that matter then I wouldn?t post. However as we all know, this is not the case!

:ermm:

Hope they get the wee man on a contract soon. I think he's well fancied, they're just taking it easy with him and working out exactly what he is at the moment. He's the type of guy that if we leave it as late as we have done in the past to enter negotiations, someone could nip infront of us. Would hate to see that happen.

jambojohn 1874, there aren't too many of us happy with black at the moment but I doubt whether many feel it is there "duty" to complain.

saying this makes you sound a wee bit like a dafty. I feel duty bound to rip the piss out of dafties. how does that float your boat

I fully understand the sentiment; however I personally feel it is our duty as supporters to point out where we are not happy with OUR Hearts team. The truth is, if I were the only one concerned with Black, or Elliot for that matter then I wouldn?t post. However as we all know, this is not the case!

No one has a problem with you expressing your opinons. Coem people have a problem with your opinions beign almost exclusively about Callum. Me personally, i have an issue with your timing. Why would you choose 3 goals in 2 games to seriously criticise him and even suggest he should be replaced by Robinson in another thread. It defies logic. I don't particularly rate Elliot but why on Earth would i want him out of the team right now, he;s going about everythign the right way to pro ve us all wrong. Working hard, scoring goals. The day he stops doing one or both of these i will join you in criticism but for now it's idiotic and verging on obsessive.

Ha I just realised it is this thread that Robinson was suggested as a replacement for Elliot. That's how distracted we've been by this Elliot smear campaign.

babertonjambo

Here is a novel suggestion for you, how about you start focusing on supporting our players rather than looking for an excuse to berate them. What an absolutely pathetic attitude to have. :rolleyes:

Archived