Kk's Performances

HelloSunshine

HelloSunshine

We've seen him a few times now, so what do you think of our new centre forward.

IMO

Positives:

I like his attitude, good work rate, link up is pretty tidy most of the time, definately puts himself about (few free kicks against last night were harsh) and brilliant that he's now 2 goals in 2 games. He seems to be a natural leader and encourages the team around him, which is something that we lacked last season (positive change from M Stewart screaming at the team).

Good option in the air and to feet - hopefully with more games, the other strikers will get more out of his flicks ons and knock downs.

Good goal last night, quality and pace of the cross was important, but he did the hard part well by putting in the net.

Negatives:

In desparation at the end of the SJ game, we just lumped the ball up to him. I understand this and was encouraging this myself in the hope that it would lead to a goal, but hope that we only do this as a last resort during the season and do not make it our game plan.

This may be harsh, but I think he's a fairly average header of a ball. He's a good jumper as wins most of what is sent his way, but unless there is any pace on the ball, he doesn't seem to get much oooummmffff. early days, so happy to be proven wrong on this.

Overall:

A huge improvement on anyone we had up front last season. Hopefully a lot more to come from him and those that play off him. Seems like the type of character that we need and want around the club. Easy to relate to from a fans perspective, we need to get a song sorted as per the other thread. Particularly looking forward to seeing him lead the battle for us against hibs and the OF.

:thumbsup:

The Treasurer

Still well short of match fitness/sharpness but can't fault his attitude, work rate and genuine desire to do well.

Overall like night and day compared to the previous occupant of the number nine jersey and his form and fitness will be a major factor in how our season pans out

I can't remember where i read it but i think it was JJ who says we will not be hoofing the ball to Kyle just for the sake of it.

I think at the St J game we were desparate for the win and time was running out. You'll probably find most times will lump the ball into the strikers in that situation whether they have a striker like Kyle or not.

I've been impressed by Kyle so far. Think he'll do well for us and bag a few goals. What could be improved is the anticipation from other players regarding getting in positions for his knockdowns. However he's played less than 1.5 games for us and i'm sure that will come in time.

Yeah I agree it is unfair to just hump the ball up to him and expect him to do something with it, even a few times last night it happened and no one was there to support him (mainly in second half). When the ball got played to his feet, he played some nice balls wide which is what JJ wants.

Imo KK will always be an important player for us no matter who we play. I'm a big fan of him and really hope he does well.

I think its clear to see we will see a much improved player when match fit.

Jim has stated on a number of occasions that we won't be lumping the ball anywhere. We'll play on the deck and the plan will be to get to the byeline or atleast get balls whipped from wide (CT crosses well from deep from layoffs) after dragging teams about a bit. Should work.

As you said, I think we only did this against St J as they were down to ten men, camped in and it was the best options. Seen much better teams than us resort to it.

One thing I disagree with is him not being a good headerer (headerer?!?) of a ball. When he goes up, he always tries to put the ball in an area or to a Hearts player. You don't often see him just try to flick the ball on, which so many CFs do and I never quite understand. Nade was terrible for this, the occasional headers he'd win, he'd just flick on, but as he was upfront on his own, where was it going. Wasn't his natural game, in the air, but an example.

I guess it's all a bit early to judge him, but early signs, he actually looks better than I thought he would. Didn't see the game last night, mind you.

Snake Plissken

Well suited to the SPL, that much is certain.

I liked the build up to his goal, ball played to him he lays it off out wide and races into the box to bullet a header home. With Temps, Driver, Suso and Novikovas it will be an effective tactic.

He wins a lot of balls and Steveo didn't really link up with him last night but I think Elliot and Elliott will do well next to him. A very good outlet to have and the 90 minutes he got last night were crucial, if he can get to full fitness and stay fit he'll be very good for us.

I thought we went from back-to-front too often last night and the ref gave Elgin free kick's for everything KK did.

When Kev gets his match sharpness he'll score more goals; I noticed last night he had a good number of ball's into the box but he misjudged the flight of the ball and headed over.

Overall very happy that he's here because he'll be a handful for any team.

I think the OP's assessment is fair, apart from Kyle's ability to head the ball.

Kyle is very good at timing his jumps, he seems to get maximum height against defenders when it comes to him, and he's always looking to win them, going out of his way to search for that header. He also directs the ball very well, a few times last night, we saw Kyle flick the ball off at an angle to Templeton, who didn't need to change his run to get onto it.

Very happy with his effort, and a sign of things to come. :thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

Made a huge difference at Hamilton, you could see they were running scared. Will create space for his fellow players as the opposition try and double up on him. Always encouraging, directing and as said above he just doesn;t flick the ball on aimlessly, he is more aware of what is around him and looking to play folk in. Most importantly, when the ball comes in the box he is there trying to get on the end of things!!

gorgie_rebel

Wasn't at the game last night but from what I have seen in the St J and Hamilton games, happy enough that he will get and be involved in goals this season.

Still looks a little short of fitness but it's apparent that defenders don't like him as he's big and brave and difficult to mark.

The key is getting an understading/partnership going with Elliot and/or Elliott.

There is goals in those three I can just feel it :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bill

Anything from 75% fitness will be enough for him to cause opposition teams severe problems.

I loved the quote on here re Saturday's game, which went along the lines of "...and then Kyle was brought on and you could just see the looks from the Hamilton players, as if they all went "aw naw"".

The big man is The Iron Horse.

I agree with op he is a positive to the team, St J game desperate measures to try and get something.

He is always shouting and encouraging the players and seems a nice guy as well, nice touch last night a crowd of players went to novikovas after he scored kk when over to stevo first to acknowledge his part in the goal. Apart from kk's goals i was excited he signed for us as he'd be able to help the young strikers c elliot has mentioned kk has given him good advice already. kk will prove to a great signing for us.

He won more that his fair share of headers and flick-ons in the final third but he's very slow.

Should hit double figures this season quite comfortably this season if he can stay fit.

Randle P McMurphy

I agree with op he is a positive to the team, St J game desperate measures to try and get something.

He is always shouting and encouraging the players and seems a nice guy as well, nice touch last night a crowd of players went to novikovas after he scored kk when over to stevo first to acknowledge his part in the goal. Apart from kk's goals i was excited he signed for us as he'd be able to help the young strikers c elliot has mentioned kk has given him good advice already. kk will prove to a great signing for us.

Been on holiday so not been able to see him in the flesh yet however in the highlights he has looked decent with a fair bit of fitness still to find. Expect him to only get better as he gets the games under his belt. What has impressed me most though is his attitude, in particular during the interview with Calum Elliott. Calum still seems quite an immature wee laddie and KK seemed to be happy in the big brother role of encouraging him and offering advice. I think we can already see the effects his attitude brings to the team which after all has a number of players on the young side.

He won more that his fair share of headers and flick-ons in the final third but he's very slow.

Should hit double figures this season quite comfortably this season if he can stay fit.

The time he was clean through on goals in the 2nd half yesterday made Nade look like U Bolt. :lol:

Chad Sexington

The time he was clean through on goals in the 2nd half yesterday made Nade look like U Bolt. :lol:

:lol: That made me chortle.

To be fair though, we haven't brought him in for his blistering pace.

I'm very confident that Kyle will score at least 15 goals this season, if he stays fit.

We_are_the_Hearts

Yip, as we have seen and suffered in recent seasons, you can have the likes of Driver, Templeton, Suso, Glen, Elliott but they are not as effective without someone to take the knocks, hold the ball up, get in the box and generally just occupy defenders. Big Kyle is the Man!

To those who are not convinced did they see him Vs Hamilton???? Looking for the ball at every turn, great awareness of players around him both attackers and defenders. He will prove to be the best buy/signing we have made for years.

To those who are not convinced did they see him Vs Hamilton???? Looking for the ball at every turn, great awareness of players around him both attackers and defenders. He will prove to be the best buy/signing we have made for years.

Couldn't agree more. Think he will become a legend in pretty short order.

KK served by crosses from SS will be a major plank of JJ's plans :thumbsup:

I've been more impressed with him than I thought I would be. What's particularly encouraging is how he brings other players into the game. The only negative so far is we're still a bit too eager to get the ball up to him as an easy option, whereas the 2nd goal last night is exactly how we should be using him.

Hopeful of good things for him this season.

Was very encouraged by the big man last night. He laid off a few nice balls for our wingers, vocally encouraged the team from the 1st minute to the last, and looks to have a great appetite for football and for going in where it hurts.

Sandy Clark rates him highly too, partly I'd imagine because he sees something of himself in him.

I don't want to get carried away as the novelty of having strikers scoring goals is something that has been a scarcity at Tynie for far too long.

I've been very impressed with his positioning seems to know where to go for an effective flick on. More then that though against hamilton when elliot won the pen and when elliot scored the 4th kyle was in acres for a tap in. You dont necessarily need great pace if you have that instinct. He'll do very well for us imo, as i've said before I thought he was very good at killie and am very happy to have him here

I've been very impressed with his positioning seems to know where to go for an effective flick on. More then that though against hamilton when elliot won the pen and when elliot scored the 4th kyle was in acres for a tap in. You dont necessarily need great pace if you have that instinct. He'll do very well for us imo, as i've said before I thought he was very good at killie and am very happy to have him here

Correct.

Been on holiday so not been able to see him in the flesh yet however in the highlights he has looked decent with a fair bit of fitness still to find. Expect him to only get better as he gets the games under his belt. What has impressed me most though is his attitude, in particular during the interview with Calum Elliott. Calum still seems quite an immature wee laddie and KK seemed to be happy in the big brother role of encouraging him and offering advice. I think we can already see the effects his attitude brings to the team which after all has a number of players on the young side.

You are spot on. I've seen kk at 3 games and like what he brings to the team. Its seems Hearts are finally learning that to bring youngsters on (no doubt JJ's influence), we need exprienced players to help them develop hopefully the likes of gary glen will also benefit. Imagine that Hearts having 4 strikers able to score on a regular basis this could have a great impact on our season what with injuries, supensions, dips in form etc.

Do The Dance

I now have the feeling that anytime we have a chance for a cross into the box we have a good opportunity to score. I've not had that feeling for a long time.

I thought he played well last night. Hes not quite there in terms of fitness yet, but that will come. He wins almost every ball in the air, even though he is constantly tightly marked. He lays the ball of well, and is always looking to bring others into play. As mentioned before, we've not brought him in for his blistering pace, so that didn't concern me (I'd imagine with a little more match practice he'll be a little faster though).

All in all, I think he'll be a very good signing for us.

Archived