Ufc Vs Boxing

vegas-voss

Randy " The Natural " Couture vs James " Lights Out " Tony

Early Sunday morning on ESPN.Should be interesting to see who comes out on top.Yes both are well past there prime but this is the first time a big name boxer has made the cross over from boxing to MMA.Personally i think Tony will win i just dont think Couture will be able to take the punching power from a real big hitting boxer with just those small mitts on.Of course if Couture plays it smart and just takes Tony right to the ground he would most probably pound him out.

Anybody else watching this.Oh yeah and there is also the rematch for the lightweight title between Edgar and BJ Penn.

Randy " The Natural " Couture vs James " Lights Out " Tony

Early Sunday morning on ESPN.Should be interesting to see who comes out on top.Yes both are well past there prime but this is the first time a big name boxer has made the cross over from boxing to MMA.Personally i think Tony will win i just dont think Couture will be able to take the punching power from a real big hitting boxer with just those small mitts on.Of course if Couture plays it smart and just takes Tony right to the ground he would most probably pound him out.

Anybody else watching this.Oh yeah and there is also the rematch for the lightweight title between Edgar and BJ Penn.

This wont last 2 mins imo, Toney has only had about 3 months MMA training. Coulture will immediately go for a take down and it will be over. It would be just the same if a MMA star tried to fight a boxer in a boxing match, they would get their head taken off.

Couture for me too. I don't think it'll be over as quick as previous poster though.

I do agree though that in a boxing ring Couture would be KO'd first round

HMFCjamieHMFC

This wont last 2 mins imo, Toney has only had about 3 months MMA training. Coulture will immediately go for a take down and it will be over. It would be just the same if a MMA star tried to fight a boxer in a boxing match, they would get their head taken off.

Quite a few mma fighters have had pro boxing fights, but not against anyone near the level of boxer such as James Toney.

• 2 weeks later...

Couture for me too. I don't think it'll be over as quick as previous poster though.

I do agree though that in a boxing ring Couture would be KO'd first round

I should really start betting on shit like this :rolleyes:

It was always a silly match up...basically Dana White wanting to prove a bit of a point I think to some people that refuse to credit the rise of UFC. 10 years ago a stand-up boxer would have a good chance, but the modern top MMA fighters are skilled at so many aspects, if you are even slightly weak in one area, you'll get exploited (and generally KO'd or tapped out). And despite being 47 odd, Couture is a bit of a freak of nature.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived