Goal Celebration Music

132goals1958

132goals1958

Although admitting to being one of the more mature jambos, I nevertheless like to think I move with the times and appreciate lots of the modern day music. Don?t know where the inspiration came from tonight, with the after goal blast. Showing my age at 66 but can someone tell me what it was meant to be.

jamboinglasgow

I was wondering after Kyle scored they played "Smile Like you mean it" by the Killers, was wondering if they picked it as Smile rhymes with Kyle :whistling:

IMO playing songs for a bit of a blast after a goal is wrong...

Playing tunes makes more sense..

Remember when they used to play Carnival de Paris?... got the whole crowd singing along coz they knew what was coming...

songs dont make sense.. but bits of tunes are instantly recognisable..

if "smile like you mean it" was played tongiht thats really quite poor... get a tune thats godd for a 10 second blast and just repeat when the tynecastle goal machine goes into overdrive this season..

Mon the Hearts!!!!!

I can't stand tunes or songs after goals at all. It's as if there isn't enough atmosphere generated when a team scores so they have to play something.

Thundercats Are Go

Remember when they used to play Carnival de Paris?... got the whole crowd singing along coz they knew what was coming...

if "smile like you mean it" was played tongiht thats really quite poor... get a tune thats godd for a 10 second blast and just repeat when the tynecastle goal machine goes into overdrive this season..

Mon the Hearts!!!!!

Start of the Hearts song, or as you say CdP id quite like Hey Jude.

jamboinglasgow

Mon the Hearts!!!!!

I remember in the seasons following the 98 cup win, we had a 5 min audio montage with short bits of good songs mixed with commentary from the final "And Adam [think it says "goes in"] and its 2-0, Amarouso went to sleep there." Cant remember if they played the clip from the semi-final "And its Neil McCann...And Stephane Adam" always loved that bit of commentary. They should bring it back, though dont know what commentary you could use now.

Showing my age at 66 but can someone tell me what it was meant to be.

Not being there, I can't help you...but I just noticed that at 66 years old, your age is precisely half of 132.

How's that for off-topic-ness :lol:

Not being there, I can't help you...but I just noticed that at 66 years old, your age is precisely half of 132.

How's that for off-topic-ness :lol:

But at 66, he'll have 132 good memories of season 57-58... (Doh - just noticed the OP's name...)

No tunes should ever be required after one of our goals. There's something really tacky about clubs that do that. I think football fans can celebrate a goal without the help of some wanky dj.

No tunes should ever be required after one of our goals. There's something really tacky about clubs that do that. I think football fans can celebrate a goal without the help of some wanky dj.

Utterly in agreement with that.

There's no tune good enough to justify being played after one of our goals. :down:

Thundercats Are Go

Nonsense, too many people who cant be arsed getting involved with the crowd as it is, im sure the rustling from your sweetie papers will cover the tunes anyway.

agreed, it's always seemed completely superflous to me. No substitute for the roar of the crowd.

Older guy next to me last night said sacastically ... here that's a right wee catchy tune innit? ... PMSL :lol:

Start of the Hearts song, or as you say CdP id quite like Hey Jude.

at a FOOTBALL match, after a GOAL?!!? You can't be serious. :unsure:

Thundercats Are Go

at a FOOTBALL match, after a GOAL?!!? You can't be serious. :unsure:

Its one of only a few songs the rustlers get involved with, it only takes a few bars before the crowd takes over.

I don't know why they don't go the whole hog and have an organist on a feck'n revolving stick.

organ.gif

I don't know why they don't go the whole hog and have an organist on a feck'n revolving stick.

organ.gif

I've never heard it is it something like when you land on time with Ryan Air

It was horrific as usual, unfortunately you could hear it quite clearly with the smaller crowd.

I like the Killers but funnily, not that song! Unfortunately alot of SW`s choice in music is iffy, imo. He comes out with a classic now and again but mostly dodgy stuff.

Was at a baseball match in new York a few years ago and for some reason they played Neil diamond singing sweet Caroline at various parts of the game and everyone sang along. I dint know who thought of this but it definitely worked. I think this is the way forward for hearts

Was at a baseball match in new York a few years ago and for some reason they played Neil diamond singing sweet Caroline at various parts of the game and everyone sang along. I dint know who thought of this but it definitely worked. I think this is the way forward for hearts

FAO the music conductor: Please don't play this or Hey Jude at any Hearts match. It's not that I dislike them but at a fecking football match! :blink: This may delight some of the older crowd that would like to bring a bit of there OAP dance nights to tynecastle but us young'uns aren't going to be.

Like Hey Jude after a goal as it seems to be played at big games and is good to get the twirlie going for a celebration. Top 3 that suit the games are Carnival de Paris/Samba de Janeiro/Chase the sun which I have heard lately. Tom Hark would be quite a good one I reckon which is played at most English grounds. Anyone able to let me know the name of the song that's been getting played lately and was played after Jonsson's goal last night.

Archived