One Swallow Doth Not A Summer Make !

Guest vanbasten1874

Guest Ash Cloud

Tell you what tho am i not half looking forward to the next game and when was the last time anyone said THAT ! 8 goals in 2 games woohoo .. :turned:

There will be ups and downs but the main thing for me is the way we are intending to play and the application of the players.

Of course it would be deluded to think we`ll score big every game, but if we maintain the purpose and workrate which we are showing i think we`re obviously going to see alot more goals this season and maybe get more regular big wins.

To me, its just normal to see Hearts try and play this way and last season has tarnished the reputation we used to have as an attacking side or at least a team that has a go.

shaun.lawson

There will be ups and downs but the main thing for me is the way we are intending to play and the application of the players.

Of course it would be deluded to think we`ll score big every game, but if we maintain the purpose and workrate which we are showing i think we`re obviously going to see alot more goals this season and maybe get more regular big wins.

To me, its just normal to see Hearts try and play this way and last season has tarnished the reputation we used to have as an attacking side or at least a team that has a go.

I'd argue the last four seasons tarnished that rep, D4! But yep: this season has seen a return to 'normal Hearts'. Normal Hearts were last seen in 2003/4, as well as 2002/3, 1999/0, 1996/7 and 1995/6. The rarer 'brilliant Hearts' will probably have to wait another year, but we'll see on that. :)

southcapital

3 games

9 goals

6 scored by strikers

1 conceded(although costly in terms of points)

id have taken that in preseason

I'd argue the last four seasons tarnished that rep, D4! But yep: this season has seen a return to 'normal Hearts'. Normal Hearts were last seen in 2003/4, as well as 2002/3, 1999/0, 1996/7 and 1995/6. The rarer 'brilliant Hearts' will probably have to wait another year, but we'll see on that. :)

I`d have to check but didn`t we still score a decent amount in 06/07? But yes, you could say it was a slow decline over a 4 season period. Unintentional of course, but bad decisions at the top has/had contributed to it.

The season is very much in it`s infancy but the signs are good and i hope we show the same level of application and intention week to week. If we do, im confident we`ll see goals and good results with it.

I P Knightley

3 games

9 goals

6 scored by strikers

1 conceded(although costly in terms of points)

id have taken that in preseason

What's this jibber-jabber you talkin' fool? Can't be our Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I suggest you take this nonsense to the Chelsellick thread :)

Seriously though - that's encouraging reading.

Here's to a season with heads held high!!

shaun.lawson

I`d have to check but didn`t we still score a decent amount in 06/07? But yes, you could say it was a slow decline over a 4 season period. Unintentional of course, but bad decisions at the top has/had contributed to it.

The season is very much in it`s infancy but the signs are good and i hope we show the same level of application and intention week to week. If we do, im confident we`ll see goals and good results with it.

None of it's rocket science - and what Hearts are doing now is what we should be doing a minimum every other year, and really, two out of every three years. It just takes a modicum of practical common sense; nothing dramatic. Merely the club being run halfway normally, and a manager who knows the SPL inside out being left to get on with it.

So far, so good. :thumbsup:

See on Saturday we had 10 players start from last season, Darren Barr was the newbie.

See tonight we had 10 players start from last season, Kevin Kyle was the newbie.

I would never have believed this last season, what a transformation.

Sorry about that was on industrial strength pain killers last night, and the K K song sorry about that too.

Archived