Please

Captain Price

Captain Price

Dear Fellow Kickbackers,

I would like to say, that after a 4-0 humping of Hamilton Academical, and we are currently thrashing Elgin, does not enable us to win the Scottish Premier League.

Many Thanks,

DJ.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

...I dont think many of us are that stupid/naive tbh.

But thanks for the heads up all the same :rolleyes:

Dear dundeejambo,

I enjoy winning, and having fantastical delusions of grandeur, particularly after a 4-0 win, and what looks likely to finish a 3-0 win. I don't care who we win against, I enjoy weeks like this, with the thought of title charges and cup runs making my rubbish job more bearable. Leave me to have my fun, and then be quietly smug in May.

Sincerely,

jambobroch (Iain)

Edit, 4-0 win! YAAAS

Rudi Hates Hibees

Dear Fellow Kickbackers,

I would like to say, that after a 4-0 humping of Hamilton Academical, and we are currently thrashing Elgin, does not enable us to win the Scottish Premier League.

Many Thanks,

DJ.

Really? So it's not just a formality.

Dear Fellow Kickbackers,

Many Thanks,

DJ.

Dear Dundeejambo,

you are a wallopper!!

Many thanks,

Fellow kickbackers

In fairness to the OP there has been at least one genuine thread on here recently by someone claiming that we have a decent chance of winning the league.

lol, you just can`t win can you? Typical of many Hearts fans.

Moan when we cannae score or win for that matter and still moan when we actually do what we should be doing. 4-0 v Elgin or and SPL team...its all about confidence building and a gradual improvement on the pish served up in the last few years.

And who knows? We may get some success..we`ve got some decent players.

Tommy Wiseau

I just wish we were in more than 3 competitions, because a treble is frankly inadequate for this once-in-a-lifetime group of players.

I just wish we were in more than 3 competitions, because a treble is frankly inadequate for this once-in-a-lifetime group of players.

We should apply for special permission to be in the champs league AND the Europa league next year that shuld help wrap up a couple of extra tournaments

In fairness to the OP there has been at least one genuine thread on here recently by someone claiming that we have a decent chance of winning the league.

Who the hell needs brought back down to earth after 2 4-0 wins though. That's the oppositions job surely.

Patrick Bateman

It's precisely this sort of negative attitude which derails treble bids. Stop letting the side down. :thumbsup:

See the Dundee in the username?

That explains the op's less than cheerful and optimistic attitude. It's not his fault.

Cheerful optimism is not something that is associated with Dundee in any form. :P

Tommy Wiseau

It's precisely this sort of negative attitude which derails treble bids. Stop letting the side down. :thumbsup:

You need a thesaurus, stat.

"Bid" clearly doesn't mean the same thing as "procession".

Who the hell needs brought back down to earth after 2 4-0 wins though. That's the oppositions job surely.

Fair enough. I agree that it is a pointless thread and it really isn't the right time for it either. I can see where the OP is coming from but negativity is far from my mind after the last two games. You've got to enjoy the success when it comes.

portobellojambo1

One could argue that a statement along the lines of we have a decent chance of winning the league isn't as far fetched as you might think. One could make the same statement about any decent side in the SPL, at the moment, it really all depends if that reasonable side performs to a decent level every week.

I look at the last two fixtures against Hamilton (Saturday) and Elgin (tonight) as the sort of fixtures which 12 months ago we'd have been likely to lose, rather than win both by 4-0. But rather than accept that we are looking better than we have for a long time, and accept that the team appear to now be in a position to beat the sort of sides who were turning us over in the past, some people seem to prefer to adopt the attitude that in both games the opposition was p*sh, and we are about to fall flat on our faces.

For the last x number of months we've sat and watched the club fail when many of us thought they should have succeeded, now when we are beating the sort of teams we've failed against in the past people are still trying to draw negatives from it, I find it all a bit strange, as if there are some who actually thrive on us failing (and by some I'm referring to HMFC fans, not fans of other clubs).

Do we have a decent chance of winning the league, based on the opening two fixtures of the season the answer has to be yes, given no other team has looked unbeatable, including the OF. And to say we have a decent chance is not the same as saying we will win the league. Actually turning a decent chance from a decent chance into reality might be a different proposition.

chester copperpot

Dear Fellow Kickbackers,

Many Thanks,

DJ.

Dundee = Capital of suicides in Scotland.

I love winning me. Whether it be Elgin, Hamilton, whoever.

Do we have a decent chance of winning the league, based on the opening two fixtures of the season the answer has to be yes, given no other team has looked unbeatable, including the OF. And to say we have a decent chance is not the same as saying we will win the league. Actually turning a decent chance from a decent chance into reality might be a different proposition.

If you base it on the two opening fixtures we've not got a hope in hell of winning the league. Genuine league challengers MUST beat St Johnstone at home.

The opening two fixtures suggests to me that we probably need another couple of players in key positions and we'd have a VERY decent chance of third. I also think the OF, poor though they both are by their own previous standards have started off by winning what would be very difficult games for us, fairly comfortably and that unfortunately, we wont get within 20 points of either of them.

3rd place ?. Yes maybe, a decent chance certainly. Higher than that. Not a chance, decent or otherwise IMO.

If you base it on the two opening fixtures we've not got a hope in hell of winning the league. Genuine league challengers MUST beat St Johnstone at home.

The opening two fixtures suggests to me that we probably need another couple of players in key positions and we'd have a VERY decent chance of third. I also think the OF, poor though they both are by their own previous standards have started off by winning what would be very difficult games for us, fairly comfortably and that unfortunately, we wont get within 20 points of either of them.

3rd place ?. Yes maybe, a decent chance certainly. Higher than that. Not a chance, decent or otherwise IMO.

I agree with you.

You need to change the text under your avatar by the way. :whistling:

Basil Hayden

Actually, based on the last two results we will win the league cup and the legue flag. The whole point of being a fan is to extrapolate and enjoy.

One could argue that a statement along the lines of we have a decent chance of winning the league isn't as far fetched as you might think. One could make the same statement about any decent side in the SPL, at the moment, it really all depends if that reasonable side performs to a decent level every week.

I look at the last two fixtures against Hamilton (Saturday) and Elgin (tonight) as the sort of fixtures which 12 months ago we'd have been likely to lose, rather than win both by 4-0. But rather than accept that we are looking better than we have for a long time, and accept that the team appear to now be in a position to beat the sort of sides who were turning us over in the past, some people seem to prefer to adopt the attitude that in both games the opposition was p*sh, and we are about to fall flat on our faces.

For the last x number of months we've sat and watched the club fail when many of us thought they should have succeeded, now when we are beating the sort of teams we've failed against in the past people are still trying to draw negatives from it, I find it all a bit strange, as if there are some who actually thrive on us failing (and by some I'm referring to HMFC fans, not fans of other clubs).

I agree with you that we have improved massively. There is no way we'd have won both games 4-0 last season and I'm not even sure we would have beaten Hamilton. It was the OP that brought this topic up and I wasn't thinking negatively just trying to see where the OP was coming from.

I think that a home draw with St. Johnstone and an away win against Hamilton suggests that we would need to improve over the course of the season in order to win the league. Perhaps there would not be much improvement needed but a home draw against a team who might not even get into the top 6 does not suggest to me that there is a decent chance of a league win.

EDIT: I don't know why I'm bothering with this as I'm just happy to see us score so many goals again. Our chances (or lack of chances) of winning the league title do not change the the positives from the last two games.

Dear Fellow Kickbackers,

Many Thanks,

DJ.

It gives me more confidence than if we'd had two 4-0 thrashings but I don't think anyone is saying we will win the SPL - yet.

portobellojambo1

I think that a home draw with St. Johnstone and an away win against Hamilton suggests that we would need to improve over the course of the season in order to win the league. Perhaps there would not be much improvement needed but a home draw against a team who might not even get into the top 6 does not suggest to me that there is a decent chance of a league win.

EDIT: I don't know why I'm bothering with this as I'm just happy to see us score so many goals again. Our chances (or lack of chances) of winning the league title do not change the the positives from the last two games.

Within the above highlighted part I can understand why concern might be shown regarding a home draw against St Johnstone, but I have no idea how the team could improve on a 4-0 away win against Hamilton. The result against St Johnstone would have concerned me more if it had been a fixture being played as part of the end of season split, A draw then would undoubtedly suggest improvement was still very much needed, but as a result in the opening fixture all I really took from it was we didn't lose, and still had 37 games to rack up points. Reality is if Jason Thomson had been clever enough to foul their winger before the ball was crossed we would presently be sitting top of the league with six points, and a goal difference of plus 5, and in the next round of the CIS Cup following a comfortable win.

From the 3 competitive games played so far the main positive I've taken is we never at any point looked like losing any of the 3, whereas last season I lost count of the number of games during which I came to the conclusion, often relatively early, there was no way we were going to win them. To me it is a massive, massive improvement, even accepting it is still very early in the season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting for one minute we will the league, but reality is if we continue through the season producing results which mean we ain't going to lose, and win a lot more than we draw we have a decent chance, but you do have to factor in what the OF do as well.

I've not been convinced by either of the two OF sides yet, I don't think either side has looked totally dominant/unstoppable in either of their games, and if things went in our favour (and there would have to be a lot of things) it wouldn't be difficult to utter the words "we have a decent chance of maybe finishing top", while accepting that if things don't go our way we could be just as likely to finish mid table.

I want to try and take the positives out of the games played so far, and worry about the negatives if and when they become a factor.

Thundercats Are Go

Within the above highlighted part I can understand why concern might be shown regarding a home draw against St Johnstone, but I have no idea how the team could improve on a 4-0 away win against Hamilton. The result against St Johnstone would have concerned me more if it had been a fixture being played as part of the end of season split, A draw then would undoubtedly suggest improvement was still very much needed, but as a result in the opening fixture all I really took from it was we didn't lose, and still had 37 games to improve on that. Reality is if Jason Thomson had been clever enough to foul their winger before the ball was crossed we would presently be sitting top of the league with six points, and a goal difference of plus 5, and in the next round of the CIS Cup following a comfortable win.

From the 3 competitive games played so far the main positive I've taken is we never at any point looked like losing any of the 3, whereas last season I lost count of the number of games during which I came to the conclusion, often relatively early, there was no way we were going to win them. To me it is a massive, massive improvement, even accepting it is still very early in the season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting for one minute we will the league, but reality is if we continue through the season producing results which mean we ain't going to lose, and win a lot more than we draw we have a decent chance, but you do have to factor in what the OF do as well.

I've not been convinced by either of the two OF sides yet, I don't think either side has looked totally dominant/unstoppable in either of their games, and if things went in our favour (and there would have to be a lot of things) it wouldn't be difficult to utter the words "we have a decent chance of maybe finishing top", while accepting that if things don't go our way we could be just as likely to finish mid table.

I want to try and take the positives out of the games played so far, and worry about the negatives if and when they become a factor.

After this post im aboard the portobellojambo1 positivity bus.

Top post.

What the ****s that got to do with this? Some of my mates have killed themselves in the last few months and it had nothing to do with "Dundee is a place of negativity" and all the other bollocks spouted on this thread.

jamboinglasgow

Within the above highlighted part I can understand why concern might be shown regarding a home draw against St Johnstone, but I have no idea how the team could improve on a 4-0 away win against Hamilton. The result against St Johnstone would have concerned me more if it had been a fixture being played as part of the end of season split, A draw then would undoubtedly suggest improvement was still very much needed, but as a result in the opening fixture all I really took from it was we didn't lose, and still had 37 games to rack up points. Reality is if Jason Thomson had been clever enough to foul their winger before the ball was crossed we would presently be sitting top of the league with six points, and a goal difference of plus 5, and in the next round of the CIS Cup following a comfortable win.

I think it needs to be seen that we should be gathering momentum, sometimes that is the key to a good season where you get a run of results that builds and breeds confidence. St Johnstone was not a win, sure but it was not a loss either and that is just important (of course we really want a win), the win on Saturday may of been against a poor Hamilton side but we got 4 goals, built up the confidence of a key striker and the team did something it hasn't for a decade. Today we won 4-0, Novikovas' confidence will have been boosted, vital players got match fitness and Kyle got another goal. The ball keeps rolling. Sunday is an important game, a good result in that game, still unsure what to think of United after the 4-0 loss and the fact they have a mid-week European game where their plans have been messed up last minute, we should probably play as if we expect last years team, then we hit the international break full of confidence for a tough game against Celtic who most likely will still have a 100% win record in the SPL under Lennon. Even a draw there will keep momentum going.

Thundercats Are Go

Not really a surprise, anything more than a couple of hours for the football and id want to top myself!

Well im going down to the ticket office now...not for the Dundee Utd game but for the game at around the end of Febuary when the league is wrapped up. Dont trip on the tent when you walk past!!!

The Treasurer

What the ****s that got to do with this? Some of my mates have killed themselves in the last few months and it had nothing to do with "Dundee is a place of negativity" and all the other bollocks spouted on this thread.

Do you think it's maybe you that's the common factor then ohmy.gif

So, we cannae win the league because we couldn`t beat St Johnstone at home?

What about away? Rangers lost 4-1 last season up there.

Rangers got held to a 1-1 v a poor Hearts side aswell...at home...oh, and a 0-0 against Aberdeen.....at home.

:woot:

Archived