How Much To Watch Hearts ?

davieholt

I got an email this morning telling me that the SKY Sports package is to rise by ?2 pm. This breezy announcement represents an increase of just shy of 10% at a time when the rest of us are getting annual rises of 1-2% (some are getting nothing)

Then two thoughts occured

1) I got SP for the golf coverage - which is hellish because of all the commercial breaks.

2) I only watch live footie if Hearts are playing - which isn't often !

SKY have a deal with the EPL worth ?1bn over 4 years. Around 6m sports subscribers contribute around ?150m a year to support this. So the bulk of my subscription is used to support a league I seldom watch and which uses the cash to pay stupid money buying and paying overrated players. The SPL obviously can't compete and has been in decline for years. So, muppets like us choose to watch acceptable footie on SKY (blue is the colour and all that yad) and, by doing so, contribute to the impoverishment of our domestic game.

Enough. I have removed SP from my package and will go to the pub to watch Hearts on SKY. Much better atmosphere anyway !

I only have Sky sports news and espn dont really need sky sports can watch most games online or like you said in the pub

Chuck Sky altogether, get a HUMAX Foxsat HDR which will pay for itself in a year with no subscriptions to the Dirty Digger and go to the pub to watch any games.

Makes sense to me since I ditched SKY a year ago and have saved plenty and spent the cash saved on a few beers!!!!:thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

I got an email this morning telling me that the SKY Sports package is to rise by ?2 pm. This breezy announcement represents an increase of just shy of 10% at a time when the rest of us are getting annual rises of 1-2% (some are getting nothing)

Then two thoughts occured

1) I got SP for the golf coverage - which is hellish because of all the commercial breaks.

2) I only watch live footie if Hearts are playing - which isn't often !

SKY have a deal with the EPL worth ?1bn over 4 years. Around 6m sports subscribers contribute around ?150m a year to support this. So the bulk of my subscription is used to support a league I seldom watch and which uses the cash to pay stupid money buying and paying overrated players. The SPL obviously can't compete and has been in decline for years. So, muppets like us choose to watch acceptable footie on SKY (blue is the colour and all that yad) and, by doing so, contribute to the impoverishment of our domestic game.

Enough. I have removed SP from my package and will go to the pub to watch Hearts on SKY. Much better atmosphere anyway !

Get it punted and get ESPN and the money you save will allow you to have 2 daysout to the pub for the rare occasions Hearts appear on Sky. And you'll have a wee bit of change i'd magine.

The Old Tolbooth

I cancelled Sky a few months ago because I refuse to pay that amount of money just to line footballers pockets with it who already get paid too much as it is.

Fitbaw on the PC is the way forward :thumbsup:

I cancelled Sky a few months ago because I refuse to pay that amount of money just to line footballers pockets with it who already get paid too much as it is.

Agreed. I must investigate streamed footie. I'm not a luddite but never needed to in the past. Is there a good starting point ?

Got email from Virgin today backdoor increase of ?1 to bill.

Customers who pay by direct debit and receive bills online will not get ?1 off their bills.

Also lost Sky Sports yesterday.

Got email from Virgin today backdoor increase of ?1 to bill.

Customers who pay by direct debit and receive bills online will not get ?1 off their bills.

Also lost Sky Sports yesterday.

I pay ?3.99 a month for a moody site that has HD quality streams (if you have the bandwith), every game possible in the UK and all ppv boxing! :)

Agreed. I must investigate streamed footie. I'm not a luddite but never needed to in the past. Is there a good starting point ?

I agree I refuse to give sky any money. I think last season all hearts tv games on espn I think sky may well have some of ours this year

I usually just google on the day of the game for a decent live stream. i got a decent link to hibs rangers at weekend which while not hd quality worked the whole game.

I pay ?3.99 a month for a moody site that has HD quality streams (if you have the bandwith), every game possible in the UK and all ppv boxing! :)

A PM would be lovely. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

When you say moody, do you mean it's like a female and only works when it feels like it, and one week a month it refuses to co-operate with any buttons you try and push?

menstrie1874

Chuck Sky altogether, get a HUMAX Foxsat HDR which will pay for itself in a year with no subscriptions to the Dirty Digger and go to the pub to watch any games.

Makes sense to me since I ditched SKY a year ago and have saved plenty and spent the cash saved on a few beers!!!!:thumbsup:

private eye will be happy that this is catching on :thumbsup:

Another PM here if possible :thumbsup:

Ditto

That's the exact box I have with Freesat.

Don't miss Sky and their extortionate prices at all.

- A decent amount of channels (especially if you find your not using the Sky channels to their maximum).

- FREE HD channels (BBC HD, and ITV1HD for some football)

- Hook it up to your router and you can get BBC iPlayer though it as well.

- NO MONTHLY BILL!!!!! thumbsup.gif

jack D and coke

Think your inbox must be full mate. I wouldn't mind getting the link if poss please :thumbsup:

If you can, pm me the site aswell please, cheers :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind a cheeky wee PM too please! :thumbsup:

Sky are robbing barstewards. I got shot of them ages ago. Sure I miss some sports/documentaries and stuff but then the majority are repeats or the odd match anyway. I can get by without Sky thats for sure. Worst customer service ever as well.

Can u PM Me too please, sounds good :thumbsup:

Cheeky PM also if you don't mind, cheers

My dad was just telling me that he was sick of these constant increases so he simply called them up and told them to cancel his account at which point they became super-nice and offered him a deal at 30ish quid a month plus an extra package free just to stay. It's just a sweetener and it only lasts 3 months or something but honestly, I don't know how he does it...

Fitba' at the game?

Far too much comes down to players' wages: these must be controlled in the long term.

My dad was just telling me that he was sick of these constant increases so he simply called them up and told them to cancel his account at which point they became super-nice and offered him a deal at 30ish quid a month plus an extra package free just to stay. It's just a sweetener and it only lasts 3 months or something but honestly, I don't know how he does it...

Ask him! Who wants to line John Terry's pocket?

When you say moody, do you mean it's like a female and only works when it feels like it, and one week a month it refuses to co-operate with any buttons you try and push?

Only one week a month? She sounds like a dream girl to me...

Any chance of a PM on the subject at hand too. ?3.99 a month sounds excellent.

John, wha is your ISP? Mines is SKY and the connection is really pish.

Nice to see you settling into married life....whistling.gif

Archived