The Season Starts Here

linkin- hearts

linkin- hearts

Without wishing to sound disrespectful to St Johnstone or Hamilton, my feeling is that the real league season starts on Sunday against Utd, given the fact we then have to play 3 more teams that finished above us last season, in rapid succession, with ICT in amongst them. This, imo, will give us a true indication of where we're at this season.:thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Eh,its not like we hammered Hamilton and Saints last season everytime we met. Little bit old firmist to think that we will gub the wee teams and only have to worry about top half(allegedly)teams.I agree that its the biggest game so far but not sure it will give an indication of where we are given that they have a euro tie a few days before the match.The most important match of the season is always the match coming up.

how we deal with hamilton and st johnstone is every bit as indicative of "where we`re at" as the result against united. i do agree it`s a good test for us on saturday though.

Without wishing to sound disrespectful to St Johnstone or Hamilton, my feeling is that the real league season starts on Sunday against Utd, given the fact we then have to play 3 more teams that finished above us last season, in rapid succession, with ICT in amongst them. This, imo, will give us a true indication of where we're at this season.:thumbsup:

Na the season started against St Johnstone where we failed to win the game.

Clerry Jambo

The first 2 games have been a indicator that the team is slowly getting better.

The Saints game although we played not too badly also highlighted our lack of creativity when we need to break down well organised defences.

The Hamilton game we were actually clinical for a change.

I am hoping for a few more goals tonight with respect to our Elgin friends but we need to keep the feelgood factor going into Sunday.

I am putting the Arabs result on Sunday down to a bad day at the office, they are better than that and we will have to play well to get the 3 points.

Still early in the season, even after 5 or 6 games. We'll have a wee indication by then, but i tend to think November or after the first full round of games is a decent indication. For us, getting our injured players fit and hopefully keeping them fit will be huge for us. Hopefully the international break next week will help with that.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I think we have been quite lucky with our starting fixtures.

Started at home. Nice

Our first 2 games were against last years bottom 6 teams.

Elgin at home in the cup is good. An away game up there would be a nightmare for travel alone.

Next game is Dundee United who will have a Euro game, away, a few days before.

Then the Celts away. We have to play them some time.

No bad, but time will tell.

I think we have been quite lucky with our starting fixtures.

Started at home. Nice

Our first 2 games were against last years bottom 6 teams.

Elgin at home in the cup is good. An away game up there would be a nightmare for travel alone.

Next game is Dundee United who will have a Euro game, away, a few days before.

Then the Celts away. We have to play them some time.

No bad, but time will tell.

I think we were due a nice opening after last year's disgrace.

Victor Meldrew

The thing is that 3 points are 3 points. Our problem over the last couple of seasons is that we would lose games like last Sunday. The Old Firm are miles ahead not because of their results in the big games, but because they pump the little teams week in week out.

The thing is that 3 points are 3 points. Our problem over the last couple of seasons is that we would lose games like last Sunday. The Old Firm are miles ahead not because of their results in the big games, but because they pump the little teams week in week out.

True dat

Whilst bearing in mind that there aren't actually any or many easy games in our league, even against "pish" teams, as they'll make it tough, you have to beat who you should beat to do well.

1) That's probably Hamilton, ICT, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Killie home and away. You'll slip up sometimes (last week we played pretty well but didn't win - happens) but I'd say to challenge near the top, they are 7 points out of 9 against each team as a very minimum pre-split.

2) Then Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United you want to win at home and hopefully away although a draw is fine. Taking more points from them than they take from you is the key.

3) Then the OF - you take what you can get, but I would love to put them in the above category. Just matching them on points over a season would be a good achievement, mind you. So getting 5 or 6 points but then 3 or 4 would be good too.

That leaves Motherwell who sit somewhere inbetween the first two groups!

I guess it's all a bit like mini-leagues. Walk the first one, win the second and compete well in the third.

True dat

Whilst bearing in mind that there aren't actually any or many easy games in our league, even against "pish" teams, as they'll make it tough, you have to beat who you should beat to do well.

1) That's probably Hamilton, ICT, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Killie home and away. You'll slip up sometimes (last week we played pretty well but didn't win - happens) but I'd say to challenge near the top, they are 7 points out of 9 against each team as a very minimum pre-split.

2) Then Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United you want to win at home and hopefully away although a draw is fine. Taking more points from them than they take from you is the key.

3) Then the OF - you take what you can get, but I would love to put them in the above category. Just matching them on points over a season would be a good achievement, mind you. So getting 5 or 6 points but then 3 or 4 would be good too.

That leaves Motherwell who sit somewhere inbetween the first two groups!

I guess it's all a bit like mini-leagues. Walk the first one, win the second and compete well in the third.

Just thinking - very roughly 7 points against group 1, 6 points against group 2 plus Mothwerwell gives you 59 points pre split, plus anything from OF. That's a pretty decent points total. Football isn't maths, but I think that's a fair indication of what our realistic targets as fans should be. Well, I can only speak for myself there, obv!

Archived