a real hero(unlike john smeaton)

droid

read that story droid. brave wee fella will be scarred for life now too.

can't begin to imagine how watching something like that will affect the poor wee soul.

cant understand how any man could stab a woman let alone a 9 year old boy,

but i suppose thats what sets people like me apart from people like that.

horrendous story,

buit heart warming listening to the wee man tell how he "just had to protect his mum"

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Will he get a column in the Sun and appear at every awards/bravey/tv ceremony on the planet?

Homer_Salvatori

and why exactly is John Smeaton not a hero? If that Range Rover had made its way into the terminal building it could have killed hundreds of peope with the nails packed into it.

Strange thing to say, although I agree the wee man is also a hero.

and why exactly is John Smeaton not a hero? If that Range Rover had made its way into the terminal building it could have killed hundreds of peope with the nails packed into it.

He didn't stop the Range Rover from going into the airport!!

He kick a burning person along with about 6 other folk!

Will he get a column in the Sun and appear at every awards/bravey/tv ceremony on the planet?

Och come on. I know we take things too far in this country but you have to appreciate the bravery shown here. A nine year old has no right to try and stop a mad man with a knife. Not everyday you can say you possibly saved a life. Especially at nine.

He didn't stop the Range Rover from going into the airport!!

He kick a burning person along with about 6 other folk!

Exactly

Typical weegie mentality really though, attack the weak/disabled

The real hero was a taxi driver or an off duty police officer wasnt it?

The one who wrestled the guy as he tried to reach the van, the rest just joined in

That guy just had some dignity and intelligence not to make a **** of himself on TV

Smeaton should be put back on the dole were he belongs

Exactly

The one who wrestled the guy as he tried to reach the van, the rest just joined in

That guy just had some dignity and intelligence not to make a **** of himself on TV

Probably knows that himself. Would you reject such a lifestyle to be a baggage collector?

Och come on. I know we take things too far in this country but you have to appreciate the bravery shown here. A nine year old has no right to try and stop a mad man with a knife. Not everyday you can say you possibly saved a life. Especially at nine.

I'm actually joking and talking about 'Smeato'

I saw the wee laddie on the news and thought it was great.

Terrible that the freak that did it only got a few years though. :sad:

I'm actually joking and talking about 'Smeato'

I saw the wee laddie on the news and thought it was great.

Terrible that the freak that did it only got a few years though. :sad:

Ah, apologies. Fwiw, I agree regarding Smeato. But as I said, the guy has been offered a lifestyle twenty times better than his previous. Can you blame him for taking it?

Exactly

He probably thought it was a Sellick fan and just fancied a scrap.

I remember one of the guys broke his leg during the attack and appeared on GMTV on the Monday looking embarrassed about the whole thing.

try and getting your facts straight before criticising others.

smeaton is far from being a 'hero' a man on fire was being tackled by the police and a taxi driver and famous john ran up and wacked the boy.

as for stopping the range rover from making its way into the terminal building(now that actually is a strange thing to say) the ****ing idiots driving it managed that all by themselves.

Ah, apologies. Fwiw, I agree regarding Smeato. But as I said, the guy has been offered a lifestyle twenty times better than his previous. Can you blame him for taking it?

Can't blame him.

Doesn't mean we have to appreciate him or tolerate him!

Remember this: Glasgow is the root of all evil. ;)

I P Knightley
Nathan Thomson the boy who jumped on a mans back who was stabbing his mother.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Judge-hails-boy-9-who.3872755.jp

says a lot about a childs love for there parents at that age.

My boy (8 1/2) saw this story on the telly this evening and can't sleep.

I don't remember, when I was that age, being terrified because of something on newsround.

I despair - I really do. :sad:

Billy the Jambo

The guy is an arse and as for being offered a lifestyle 20 times better than his previous he is now a fecking car park attendant oh sorry a supervisor i think i would rather be a baggage handler .He does not deserve all this hero worship he is getting what about the other people that helped that day are they getting to meet the queen or the pm or are they getting bravery gongs are they feck.That clown smeaton should hand back his medal and tell the sun to stick their column up their arse and get on with his insignificant little life and give us all peace from his self proclaimed weegie hard man crap and his socalled celebrity status

I P Knightley
The guy is an arse and as for being offered a lifestyle 20 times better than his previous he is now a fecking car park attendant oh sorry a supervisor i think i would rather be a baggage handler .He does not deserve all this hero worship he is getting what about the other people that helped that day are they getting to meet the queen or the pm or are they getting bravery gongs are they feck.That clown smeaton should hand back his medal and tell the sun to stick their column up their arse and get on with his insignificant little life and give us all peace from his self proclaimed weegie hard man crap and his socalled celebrity status

In these times when the likes of Jade Goody and Kinga the Minga have 'celebrity' status for actually doing sweet eff all, it's difficult to begrudge similar (though much smaller scale) status to a bloke who did a little bit more than eff all.

Well, difficult for me - perhaps not you, Bill :)

I'm not saying that any of them deserve any 'celeb' status.

try and getting your facts straight before criticising others.

smeaton is far from being a 'hero' a man on fire was being tackled by the police and a taxi driver and famous john ran up and wacked the boy.

as for stopping the range rover from making its way into the terminal building(now that actually is a strange thing to say) the ****ing idiots driving it managed that all by themselves.

It's nice that you let your feelings about John Smeaton get in the way of unequivocally admiring the wee man here. It's almost as if you wanted to start an argument as opposed to having any real admiration for the laddie.

As Bev has already said I hope he deals with the baggage that has come with this, he deserves to - a brave wee guy.

Why? Maybe we should be asking why the others haven't been similarly feted. Maybe it's the soundbite society we live in, what all did that day was worthy of admiration and petty bitterness doesn't change that.

It's not JS's fault that he is a "hero", it is "regular people" that make individuals heroes by worshipping them. If (like me and others) you don't think JS is a hero, don't pay any attention to him. He probally knows that the "fame" he has got just now will run out soon so he is trying to savour it for as long as possible. I don't blame him, I blame the people who think he is a hero, face it, in 20 years time that sort of thing will be happening every week the way this country's security is going (that's relating to the Heathrow incident yesterday).

blondejamtart

I'm not going to get involved in the whole Smeaton thing here - the main point is that wee Nathan was indeed very brave and should be recognised for what he did. I bet his mum and the rest of his family are incredibly proud of him!

It's nice that you let your feelings about John Smeaton get in the way of unequivocally admiring the wee man here. It's almost as if you wanted to start an argument as opposed to having any real admiration for the laddie.

As Bev has already said I hope he deals with the baggage that has come with this, he deserves to - a brave wee guy.

Maybe the wee fella could get in touch with smeato, after all he is good at handling baggage I believe. :peek_by_Andrin:

how about climbing off your high horse i started the thread and do have a genuine admiration for the weeman.

the thread wasnt started to start an argument,

but excuse me for defending myself?????

Pleaded guilty to attempted murder and assault. 8 and a half years? He'll be out in 6.

Farce.

Was thinking that myself.

Some of the sentences being dished out these days are an absolute joke.

JamboJoker98

Lets not lose focus on this thread, that wee boy is a real hero.

Remember this fecker broke into their house to try and murder his mum.

Also agree 100% with previous post, the sentencing these days is horrendous

8 years after breaking into a house to try and kill someone and assault a wee boy all after he previously was heard in a public place "He was heard to shout at Mr Thomson: "I'm going to murder your wife and I'll get you later."". The boy is an obvious danger!! 8 years?! Feck me

Have a word with yourself.

I know you just want some attention on here, but that's pathetic. Attack the weak/disabled? The guy was a terrorist trying to kill other people.

Smeaton should be put on the dole? Where he belongs? For what? I know you're probably having a hard time getting a job with your 2:2 but it doesn't mean other people should have to follow your path to the jobcenter.

how about climbing off your high horse i started the thread and do have a genuine admiration for the weeman.

the thread wasnt started to start an argument,

but excuse me for defending myself?????

If it's genuine why draw the comparison with somebody you obviously have some degree of antipathy for? Why didn't you just leave it at an expression of admiration for the actions of the wee guy?

You started the thread, I'm unsure as to your motives for wording it as you did.

If it's genuine why draw the comparison with somebody you obviously have some degree of antipathy for? Why didn't you just leave it at an expression of admiration for the actions of the wee guy?

You started the thread, I'm unsure as to your motives for wording it as you did.

im not continueing this on this thread.

it certainly was not meant to turn into this.

you have a pm!

a real hero(unlike john smeaton)

Smeaton ran towards that hellish situation, man on fire, vehicle ablaze with gas canisters aboard.

John Smeaton, without a doubt is a very courageous man.

Archived