????? ???????

Tasavallan

Aidan Makgidi in pensive mood.

aiden1.jpg

Taken from the Spartak website (with their bad English):

- Tell me how to pronounce your name: Aiden or Aidan? - Aidan. This is a fairly common name in Ireland. While among my acquaintance peers do not know anyone who would name the same way.

- You have arrived to Moscow with a friend? - Yes. Her name is Claire.

- Why have opted for a "Spartacus"? - It is a great honor to speak for the most winning and most popular club in Russia. Many have heard of him playing in Scotland. But the decision to move from Glasgow to Moscow was not easy for me. Please understand correctly: I still spent many years in one country and played for the same club. Therefore we first arrived in your capital to an elementary look. I liked everything here. The important role played in the transition and the fact that "Spartacus" in Russia is the huge army of fans. I played for Celtic, who also has a lot of fans. And that my dear former club with the current. The popularity of the team - a very important thing. But popularity has a downside. Naturally, the players the big clubs is a lot of pressure. And to this I was ready. I know that "Spartacus" is now in sixth place and an urgent need to rectify the situation. I hope to help his new team to climb as high as possible.

- I wonder how many people in Scotland to discourage you from going to Russia? - Many people have told me that I had not a very good solution: they say, is not a country, not the football. But for me these words did not matter. I know that "Spartacus" - the great Russian team. She plays a clever attacking football, which I like. Moving to Russia - for me a real challenge, which is happy to accept. By the way, there were many people who say that I am taking the right decision, that in Russia a strong championship. I am sure that takes a step forward in his career.

- And what he said on this occasion your father John? - What I made the right decision. And wished me luck. I understand that initially there will not be easy, because of your country different culture.But I have already been convinced that many here say in English, the atmosphere is very friendly. By the way, I want to feel the Russian culture and try as much as possible, learn the Russian language. To be able to explain it is elementary, that is, help yourself in some situations.

- Some Scottish and Russian newspapers reported that you demanded from "Spartacus" bodyguard services and two cooks, if you do not like the menu in the dining room at the base in Tarasovka. What would you say about this? - Complete nonsense. Put forward some requests - this is said in general is not about me. Even if I had everything that you listed, proposed, I would have refused. The only thing I will provide a club for the first time - the driver. Because I need to get used to left-hand traffic.

- Do you think the Russian championship stronger Scottish? - Of course, otherwise I would not be here. Russian clubs recently in European competition have usedforgreater success than the Scottish.In my opinion, this is obvious.

- What are the memories you have from the match with Spartak in the Champions League in 2007? - In Moscow, I went to replace instead Vennegora of Hesselink and created chances to score, which we have not implemented. The second match in Glasgow, has turned out very beautiful, dramatic, and was won by Celtic on penalties. We were lucky then. "Spartacus" was playing well.I remember Velliton and Pavlyuchenko.

- In his debut match for Celtic, you beat the ball into the goal "Hearts".Capable of repeating the same thing in "Spartacus"? - I want very much and I hope that is what happened. It would be great!

- In which flank you more often played in the Celtic and Republic of Ireland - on the right or the left? - For me it does not matter which of the flanks to play. But more often operated on the left edge.

- Under what number will appear in "Spartacus"? - Under the 64-m. Those numbers, which I like, already busy with my partners on "Spartacus." In Celtic in recent times has played under the 46-m. If you rearrange those numbers, you get 64.

- Did matches "Spartacus" against CSKA and Lokomotiv? - The game against CSKA was not looking, but with "locomotive" saw cuts key moments in the Internet. Very happy to win my team with such a spectacular game.

- The first time you fly to Moscow, where there was smog. It took this rare natural phenomenon? - How to givenness. Of course, I was surprised, but I was told that such weather in Moscow occurred once in 150 years.

- Do you like our city? - Yes. It is a bit like London.

- What? - Scale. Moscow - a huge metropolis. Here is something to see. And it made the strongest impression.

- Your hobbies. - There is nothing unusual for people my age. I love to communicate with friends and playing golf. When not playing football ...

- By the way, who first drew you to the football section? - First play with friends. And then, with eight years, went to the football school.

- You brought a football father, who was a professional footballer and played for Sheffield United? Do not you think? - Not exactly. His father retired due to serious injury before I was born.Of course, he encouraged my passion for football, but the choice was for me.

- It is true that in the age of eleven you interested in Arsenal? - True. But I said no, because I was born in Glasgow and dreamed of playing for Celtic.

- As a child, you learned how to juggle the ball great for golf, watching on TV the way it makes the famous Argentinian Diego Maradona. - That is true. There is even a video that did as a child my parents.Maradona - my football idol. I have kept a lot of videos with his game. I love the players technically, who themselves enjoy the football and take it to the audience.

- You know perfectly well the history of Celtic. But will there be to study the history of "Spartacus"? - Eventually. But I already know that a number nine in "Spartacus" recently played Titov, and under the 11th - Tikhonov. And it is loved for many players of Spartak fans.

- Do you remember the football player Valery Karpin? - You bet! I clearly remember him on the game for the national team of Russia, "Celta and Real Sociedad. And everywhere he was a leader.

- As a percentage estimate their physical readiness for the moment? - Hard to say. In the off-season, I spent only one game camaraderie.Due to the transition of the usual training schedule was disrupted. We will try as soon as possible to catch up.

It remains to add that on Thursday Makgidi arrive in Tarasovka, where he met with his new partners and will hold the first exercise in "Spartacus."

Fine Scottish Wine
In Celtic in recent times has played under the 46-m. If you rearrange those numbers, you get 64.

He should be doing countdown with a maths brain like that. :ermm:

"It is true that in the age of eleven you interested in Arsenal? - True. But I said no, because I was born in Glasgow and dreamed of playing for Celtic."

Glasgow?....not Ireland?

I'm confused.

- Tell me how to pronounce your name: Aiden or Aidan? - Aidan. This is a fairly common name in Ireland. While among my acquaintance peers do not know anyone who would name the same way.

What a ******* roaster this boy is. Living proof writ large of the schizophrenia of the average OF fan/ned/y. I give him 3 months before he misses square sausage and irn bru so much he's back in the weeg.

Bert Le Clos

How to givenness, indeed.

I'm not even going to try and work out what the heck the 46-m = 64 is all about.

It's the same logic Rearend used when he demanded to wear 01.

Following Derek Riordan's logic, surely a new low for McGeady.

I didn't know Claire was a boys name...

It's probably just one of those lost in translation errors.

**** me Ere we go, but that is one ugly motherf*****g chick. That's not even a double bagger, one bottle of scotch, and a whole case of beer.

Jeez, she's horrible.

Enjoy your Russian Borsch with sour cream yah trumpet, I visited Moscow and Leningrad in 80-90's and food was foul at the time, hope this little fud gets struck down with the runs.

linkin- hearts

Bumder imo.

Is that his pimp in the background, trying to fix him up with a customer?:whistling:

Aidan Makgidi in pensive mood.

aiden1.jpg

Looks like he's thinking... 'what the fuc have I done?!... I'm in Russia FFS!'

mahgrassyshoes

I'd just like to clarify, there is no problem with the translation. That's just the way Aiden McGeady talks.

**** me Ere we go, but that is one ugly motherf*****g chick. That's not even a double bagger, one bottle of scotch, and a whole case of beer.

Jeez, she's horrible.

Aye, my PC spluttered when Google found her..but be honest m8 - in their relationship shes the looker :P

Archived