Reporting Scotland

The Gasman

Apparently neither Hearts or Hamilton had a game at the weekend. We never scored any decent goals (unlike some of our competitors "early candidates for Goal of the Season") and were not even worthy of a mention.

:verymad:

Apparently neither Hearts or Hamilton had a game at the weekend. We never scored any decent goals (unlike some of our competitors "early candidates for Goal of the Season") and were not even worthy of a mention.

Rangers, Celtic and Inverness went goal crazy at the weekend according the the bold Dougie.

Could have sworn we scored more than the Huns but must have imagined it :blink:

Seymour M Hersh

To be fair where they no just running through yesterdays games.

Never be fair to those toads at bbc glasgow. He didn't want to show the competition to "his" goal of the season (obviously the selik goal).

Once people take on board that everybody hates us (the sfa, the old firm, the tv, the newspapers, the other spl clubs) they will realise it is actually pretty cool. I'm a big fan of vlad's siege mentality.

Chad Sexington

BBC Glasgow's sports department doesn't even attempt to give fair coverage.

I'm sure it's got much worse over the last 10 years. It seems to have become even more blatant in it's pandering to the OF, IMO.

Lets face it, any organisation that employs Chic Dung has to have serious problems at it's core. <_<

even the Mrs noticed that, erseholes was her respone :thumbsup:

if the plastic paddies had played on Saturday you could guarantee those goals/highlights would have been shown, Sunday or Saturday its still a report of the weekends sport.

erseholes :thumbsup:

Gods a Jambo

this. the witch hunt may be postponed.

Why? I was under the impression we played in the SPL, which if i am not mistaken had a full calender this weekend? It may have been over two days, but it was still played and should be acknowledged. I am at a loss as to how the excuse, they focussed on Sunday's games is acceptable.

Why? I was under the impression we played in the SPL, which if i am not mistaken had a full calender this weekend? It may have been over two days, but it was still played and should be acknowledged. I am at a loss as to how the excuse, they focussed on Sunday's games is acceptable.

Exactly any excuse to show as little of the non old firm teams as possible but still trying to show impartiality. They usually show all the weekend goals. If Huns and tims were playing Saturday and everyone else on Sunday does anyone think they wouldn't have covered the old firm on the Monday?

Witch hunt back on please.

I believe Reporting Scotland covered the Saturday results on Saturday evening. Given that the Sunday games hadn't been played yet, these fixtures had to be covered on the Monday night show instead.

well the point feeno was making was that it was the sunday games that were shown. maybe they have already shown goals from the saturday games on a news bulletin on saturday or sunday. i don't know if they have or if they haven't.

i do agree though that the BBC are a bunch of shysters. i have little but contempt for most things they do or stand for.

Gods a Jambo

I believe Reporting Scotland covered the Saturday results on Saturday evening. Given that the Sunday games hadn't been played yet, these fixtures had to be covered on the Monday night show instead.

Hope this clarifies things.

So what you're saying is that even when we have a full Saturday fixture card and these games are covered on the Sat show, the BBC show no highlights on the Monday?

If it was an old firm game on Saturday do you think they would have been shown again on the Monday

Gods a Jambo

well the point feeno was making was that it was the sunday games that were shown. maybe they have already shown goals from the saturday games on a news bulletin on saturday or sunday. i don't know if they have or if they haven't.

i do agree though that the BBC are a bunch of shysters. i have little but contempt for most things they do or stand for.

I think the point is, had the old firm played yesterday we would still have been shown the goals. Regardless of being shown on Saturday or not it doesn't take but a few seconds to show the goals. I agree about the BBC as i actually hate them.

To be fair where they no just running through yesterdays games.

Yes, but that's exactly what I thought was not fair.

Gods a Jambo

A side issue, but when i watch the Highlights on the BBC site the picture quality is dire. I also watched the Cardiff highlights and the quality was excellent. Anyone else noticed this or just me?

A side issue, but when i watch the Highlights on the BBC site the picture quality is dire. I also watched the Cardiff highlights and the quality was excellent. Anyone else noticed this or just me?

Ditto!

But then, the poor quality of the image simply reflects the poor quality of the whole set up!

Gods a Jambo

Ditto!

But then, the poor quality of the image simply reflects the poor quality of the whole set up!

I agree.

jamboinglasgow

Once people take on board that everybody hates us (the sfa, the old firm, the tv, the newspapers, the other spl clubs) they will realise it is actually pretty cool. I'm a big fan of vlad's siege mentality.

I agree. That kind of mentality won Aberdeen the league under SAF. Remember watching a documentary about that Aberdeen player and the ex-players stressed how SAF got them to think all the media and other teams are out to get him. He bred the idea of the West-coast media wanting Aberdeen to fail (even when they did not) putting press cuttings up in the changing room. It created the siege mentality where the players wanted to show the world they were a great team and they can win.

Archived