Mascherano To Barcelona

Beats

loveofthegame

Not suprised its been rejected. Would think they'll be looking for much closer to ?20M. Moving to Barca would be a bit of a strange one though, esp as Busquets is seen as the big rising star of Spanish defensive midfielders! Mascherano is a top DM though, and would allow Xavi and Iniesta to roam forwad freely.

Not suprised its been rejected. Would think they'll be looking for much closer to ?20M. Moving to Barca would be a bit of a strange one though, esp as Busquets is seen as the big rising star of Spanish defensive midfielders! Mascherano is a top DM though, and would allow Xavi and Iniesta to roam forwad freely.

I honestly don't think he is all that good mate.

How much did they pay for him?

Sierra Delta

Reports suggesting that he is refusing to play tonight.

Javier Mascherano is refusing to play for Liverpool against Manchester City on Monday night as he seeks to negotiate a transfer away from the club.

Mascherano is effectively going on strike and doubts will be raised whether he will ever turn out for the club again.

The player has previously said that he wants out of Anfield this summer, although Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has remained confident of keeping his star midfielder. However, despite Inter Milan dropping their interest in the Argentine, Barcelona are reported to have made a bid for his services.

The Guardian claim that the bid is ?15 million (?12.2 million) and includes former Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb and Uruguayan defender Martin Caceres as makeweights.

Liverpool are understood to have rejected the offer as they want ?30 million (?24.4 million) up front with no player exchanges as part of the deal.

Mascherano was excellent in the opening draw against Arsenal, but missed the Europa League tie through Trabzonspor through injury - thus allowing him to play in European club competitions if he secures a move before the end of the transfer window next week.

Lucas, who took Mascherano's place against Trabzonspor, looks set to replace him in the starting line-up against City.

On the money as usual Beats. Not!!

You talking about him leaving or the fact i don't think he is all that good?

Seymour M Hersh

You talking about him leaving or the fact i don't think he is all that good?

I don't give a toss whether you think he is good or not.

You're thread about going to Barca for ?12m is bogus. Just as the Hartley signed, signed and delivered was.

I don't give a toss whether you think he is good or not.

You're thread about going to Barca for ?12m is bogus. Just as the Hartley signed, signed and delivered was.

:lol:

What's bogus about it?

It's on Sky Sports that there has been a bid mentions nothing on the TV that it was rejected.

As for your Hartley jibe i wasn't the only one saying it was sorted and the person who told me was wrong.

That ok for you :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

:lol:

What's bogus about it?

It's on Sky Sports that there has been a bid mentions nothing on the TV that it was rejected.

As for your Hartley jibe i wasn't the only one saying it was sorted and the person who told me was wrong.

That ok for you :thumbsup:

More reverse gears than an Italian battle tank! :whistling:

Bert Le Clos

If Yaya Toure is worth ?28million Mascherano is easily worth ?12million. He's a very, very good holding midfielder who knows the limits of his own game. For a side like Barce he could be a very good player given how much freedom they give most of their players.

On a different point, when I sold him on Champ, 80% of his transfer fee went to the sports company Liverpool signed him from. Now I don't take Champ as gospel, but they are pretty clued up so I would imagine a considerable amount of his sell on fee must go to this company. Perhaps why Liverpool want a much higher fee for him.

With Hleb and Cacaeres added into that deal.....I think Liverpool are foolish to reject. The guy doesn't want to stay, therefore won't give his all....and they'd be getting two very good players in return.

On another note, players are having far too much say in transfers these days IMO. He signed a contract to play for Liverpool, you can't just go on strike because you don't want to play there anymore :rolleyes: . Almost exactly the same deal with that Jelavic boy....suddenly he decides he doesn't have to play for his club anymore...even though his fans pay his wages...they were paying for him to be at the club and to play for the club....there's no way he should be allowed to get away with "going on strike". It's bullshit I think.

Javier Mascherano is one of the best in the world at his role. If Liverpool accept anything like that then they are bonkers.

Javier Mascherano is one of the best in the world at his role. If Liverpool accept anything like that then they are bonkers.

Same old story though BH..............they may end up with a dissafected player in their ranks so perhaps best to take a decent sum now?

Strange thing is I thought he and Tevez originally came on the same deal to WHU and yet he has somehow never been involved in all the uproar surrounding that deal?

Same old story though BH..............they may end up with a dissafected player in their ranks so perhaps best to take a decent sum now?

Strange thing is I thought he and Tevez originally came on the same deal to WHU and yet he has somehow never been involved in all the uproar surrounding that deal?

I think they have that dissaffected player already given he has allegedly refused to play. Liverpool have him on a contract, they don't need to sell him, I'd be bloody minded about it and refuse to sell for anything other than the value we have placed on his head. Oh, and I would investigate his refusal to play and see if that is tantamount to breach of contract...

As for the West Ham bit, I totally agree with you, he kinda slipped out of that issue. Probably because he couldn't get a game because of Hayden Mullins (something the Argentine press found ridiculous) but Tevez in that short spell was given their player of the year award.:thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

I think they have that dissaffected player already given he has allegedly refused to play. Liverpool have him on a contract, they don't need to sell him, I'd be bloody minded about it and refuse to sell for anything other than the value we have placed on his head. Oh, and I would investigate his refusal to play and see if that is tantamount to breach of contract...

As for the West Ham bit, I totally agree with you, he kinda slipped out of that issue. Probably because he couldn't get a game because of Hayden Mullins (something the Argentine press found ridiculous) but Tevez in that short spell was given their player of the year award.:thumbsup:

Mascherano barely played for West Ham at all, as BH says. He also left them (extremely dubiously in legal terms) for Liverpool after only five months, whereas Tevez remained until the end of the season. The curious thing was, whereas West Ham the season before had done really well and should've won the FA Cup, as soon as Tevez and Mascherano joined, they went into total freefall. Pardew felt undermined; the dressing room was split.

I think all Tevez did over the final couple of months was cancel out the extremely negative impact his and Mascherano's arrival had in the first place - which is why I found Sheffield United's whining about it so pathetic. Tevez was unbelievable during those last couple of months though; and West Ham's escape act from an apparently hopeless position as remarkable as I've ever seen in the EPL.

portobellojambo1

I agree BH, to an extent. However, I think Liverpool's problems stem from how much the paid for him initially. I don't think he was worth ?20 million when he moved to Liverpool, however logic would suggest that if he is now to leave they would hope to get a return, something close to what they paid for him. He is better now than when he arrived at Liverpool so that would seem a sensible approach for them to adopt.

However, the danger is he becomes (in fact it would appear already is) disillusioned at Liverpool. While there may well be a case where Liverpool may be able to force him to play, do they really want someone in the team that doesn't want to play. And if they don't play him logic would suggest his value would then depreciate. If they think they can find someone somewhere for ?12m who can do the job he is doing they might be just as well taking the money on offer from Barcelona and calling it a day.

Archived