Haymarket To Tynecastle

Elginfan

Just a couple of questions about this route ahead of tomorrow...

How long does it take to walk from Haymarket station to Tynecastle? Looking at google maps, it seems an easy enough stroll down 1 long street. Is Tynecastle easy to find when you get close? What about after the match, do most supporters head back up that way into the centre afterwards?

Any rough idea how much a taxi from Haymarket to Tynecastle costs?

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Its a 15 minute walk mate, Wouldn't be worth a taxi...unless robbos loyal are out in force hahaha!

Fiver on a cab should be plenty outside station. 15 minute walk. Busy with pedestrians going back that way but shouldn't hold you up

How long does it take to walk from Haymarket station to Tynecastle? Looking at google maps, it seems an easy enough stroll down 1 long street. Is Tynecastle easy to find when you get close? What about after the match, do most supporters head back up that way into the centre afterwards?

10 min walk, grounds easy to find, away supporters are down mcleod st beside the tynecastle arms. taxi will hit you for a fiver better walking, unless its skooshin down

10 mins mate. Taxi was ?3.60 last time I got it from Haymarket. The aura as you approach the ground from Haymarket is quality so I would advise against getting a taxi. Especially, once you hit Gorgie Road :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

You could always come out the station and head down Dalry Road, then cross over and catch a bus mate, much cheaper and very regular but I cant remember which number of bus you would need but plenty on here will be able to answer that one :thumbsup:

You could always come out the station and head down Dalry Road, then cross over and catch a bus mate, much cheaper and very regular but I cant remember which number of bus you would need but plenty on here will be able to answer that one :thumbsup:

3 33 25 I think

Cheapskate :lol:

Marooned In Oz

15-20 minutes mate - Easy enough to get to!

Pubs are around the stadium that the Hearts fans frequent before and after the match.

Enjoy the game! :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

3 33 25 I think

There you go Elgin fan, you need a bus with the number 33,325 on the front, it's a big city :D

jamboinglasgow

Should take about 10-15 mins at the most. There are two ways you could go. Simpliest way is to head along Dalry road and follow the main road and you will see the stadium, turn down the road where there is a new school, and the away stand is just along there.

Another route you can take is turn left at Haymarket station, walk past the building site then take the first left. If you follow the pavement along you will pass a couple of offices with the railway on your left. You will walk into an residential area, turn left to keep by the railway and the contruction work, along the road and as the road turns there should be a path on the other side, go on that path and you are immediatly faced with a big hill, walk down the path on the hill and you will come to the main road, turn left at the bottom, going under the railway, until you come to a tall bridge where just after it there is a road on the right handside (while the main road goes to the left.) Follow the road around and you arrive at the stadium. Best thing with that route is that you will see fans walking towards the stadium so just follow them, the gates for the away fans (providing you are in the roseburn) are the first turnstiles. My directions are not the best, so a quick look at google maps should shot that.

Hope you have a great time tomorrow (obviously I hope we win.)

Jambof3tornado

Thought you were all coming down on tractors!

Enjoy the game,any clue how many folk have tickets for your end?

Should take about 10-15 mins at the most. There are two ways you could go. Simpliest way is to head along Dalry road and follow the main road and you will see the stadium, turn down the road where there is a new school, and the away stand is just along there.

Another route you can take is turn left at Haymarket station, walk past the building site then take the first left. If you follow the pavement along you will pass a couple of offices with the railway on your left. You will walk into an residential area, turn left to keep by the railway and the contruction work, along the road and as the road turns there should be a path on the other side, go on that path and you are immediatly faced with a big hill, walk down the path on the hill and you will come to the main road, turn left at the bottom, going under the railway, until you come to a tall bridge where just after it there is a road on the right handside (while the main road goes to the left.) Follow the road around and you arrive at the stadium. Best thing with that route is that you will see fans walking towards the stadium so just follow them, the gates for the away fans (providing you are in the roseburn) are the first turnstiles. My directions are not the best, so a quick look at google maps should shot that.

Hope you have a great time tomorrow (obviously I hope we win.)

Away fans are in section N of the old stand.

Chad Sexington

Any Elgin fans fool enough to walk from Haymarket to Tynie will be going home in coffins. :verymad::ninja:

:P

jamboinglasgow

Away fans are in section N of the old stand.

Sure, still the same area to go to (though now the turnstiles are in the main stand)

Cheers for all the help guys.

Thought you were all coming down on tractors!

Enjoy the game,any clue how many folk have tickets for your end?

It's just cash turnstiles for our end. There won't be much of our fans, theres a supporters bus coming down from Elgin and we usually manage between 40-60 central belt based fans when we play down this way, so I'd expect between 100 and 200 of us tomorrow. I'd be very suprised if we managed over 200.

Can I apologise for the embarassing thumping your team is going to get in around 24 hours. :thumbsup:

We're expecting a thumping! If we can keep it below 5, it'll be as good as a win! :P

Any Elgin fans fool enough to walk from Haymarket to Tynie will be going home in coffins. :verymad::ninja:

Coffin. Singular. rolleyes.gif

We've a wonderful tram system you might like to try.

Too far Detty, Too Far! :lol:

don't mention the ruddy trams for god's sake. the council might try to extort a payment out of elgin fc for driving their bus within a mile of the route.

Anyone who tells you 10-15 mins walk is an athlete or walks as as if he is running a marathon -- realistically 20 mins and better getting a bus there -- 5 mins and only a couple of stops.

Thundercats Are Go

I think 15-20 its about right, get along and have a few beers and enjoy your day, obviously i hope we pump you but hope you have a nice time.

portobellojambo1

The games being played in 24 hours time, not 24 years time.

portobellojambo1

Anyone who tells you 10-15 mins walk is an athlete or walks as as if he is running a marathon -- realistically 20 mins and better getting a bus there -- 5 mins and only a couple of stops.

What feckin bus are you getting from Haymarket to Tynecastle, the 42. It takes exactly 147.5 seconds for the bus to get from the stop outside the Injun restaurant on Dalry Road to the stop just before Robbos. Or if you are like me, at age 54, you walk it in about 5-10 minutes maximum. Anybody that take 20 minutes to walk along Dalry road really ought to be thinking about getting measured for a box, coz they have to be on their last legs. Even reekin pished it takes 15 minutes maximum, which includes falling down at least once and geting up again time.

Doctor FinnBarr

What feckin bus are you getting from Haymarket to Tynecastle, the 42. It takes exactly 147.5 seconds for the bus to get from the stop outside the Injun restaurant on Dalry Road to the stop just before Robbos. Or if you are like me, at age 54, you walk it in about 5-10 minutes maximum. Anybody that take 20 minutes to walk along Dalry road really ought to be thinking about getting measured for a box, coz they have to be on their last legs. Even reekin pished it takes 15 minutes maximum, which includes falling down at least once and geting up again time.

Takes me about 15 minutes to get to the Westfield coming via Roseburn, takes a damn sight longer going back for some reason!

:whistling:

To the OP. It is a half time tradition that the home support start squabbling about petty side issues that have little to nothing to do with football. This is like a sort of warm up.

Thundercats Are Go

To the OP. It is a half time tradition that the home support start squabbling about petty side issues that have little to nothing to do with football. This is like a sort of warm up.

:thumbsup:

so so true :thumbsup:

Archived