Work travel makes me angry!!!

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

People that wear trainers with their suits/work gear (mainly women) really **** me off! Surely you can handle wearing your work shoes for that walk to and from the bus/train/tram!!!

Also people that walk along reading a book!!! Are you kidding me?

And people that sit beside you on public transport that clearly haven't brushed their teeth that morning, minging disgusting barstewards!!!

And finally people that eat hot food on public transport which then stinks out the already claustraphobic vehicle! If you have to eat rank fast food then please eat it before you get on the bus fatty!!!

Rant over!

Bordeaux 03

What gets on my nerves if when people just donder along with not a care in the world and I'm behind them about to miss my train!

People who sit on the inside seat, taking up 2 seats when it 5.00pm and people are standing packed in like sardines. These people are just brainless.

People (generally woman!) who are gabbing the whole way to work and this is the back of 7 in the morning. How can they be bothered at that time of the morning!

People who bring a golf umbrella to work which is like a deadly weapon when you are walking behind them trying not to get stabbed.

I can accept woman were trainers even though it does look horrendous, but guys is a no no.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Aye, trainers with suits/skirts are just ridiculous.

Agree 100% with the one about ignorant tossers taking up two seats on the bus/train. :mad:

I'm in a terrible mood in the morning as it is and one day will have a go at these ignorant prats.

Had some daft bint infront of me after work today with an absolutely massive umbrella and I couldn't get past the bloody thing! Is there really any need for it?

These type of folk should be put down.

Legend Claws

I could right a book at things that **** me off about people and public transport! Obviously back in Scotland there are the neds playing ****e techno/rave/hell music on their gadgey phones to the whole bus!!!

I could right a book at things that **** me off about people and public transport! Obviously back in Scotland there are the neds playing ****e techno/rave/hell music on their gadgey phones to the whole bus!!!

I say something every single time this happens and not once have they refused to turn it off.

A curt "excuse me but this is a public vehicle so could you turn that off please" and they will usually do it.

They get by on the thinking that nobody will challenge them.

My hates -

Slow people. Especially leaving work. I appreciate some of you have nothing to look forward to other than waking up and coming back into this hell hole tomorrow but please get out of the way of us who want to get into the sunshine. (or rain).

People who will hold a door despite the person behind being 50 metres away. This then forces you to break into a casual jog so they're not left like a tube holding a door. As long as you're not letting the door slam in someones face you're not being impolite you morons.

Schoolkids on the bus when they are only travelling a 10 minute walk up the road. Slow your journey down by about 15 minutes by the time they all get on and pay their pound. No wonder we're an obese nation.

Bus drivers in general. The only public facing employees who have clearly never had any customer service training whatsoever. Look at you like you're the **** of earth because you want some change when it clearly says change is available on the side of the bus.

I get the same bus everyday and over the past few months I have narrowed it down to 3 people I detest

1) This weirdo who looks like jesus, he wears tight tiny shorts every day, whether its raining or not, he gets on the bus and stinks, hes greasy and makes random noises continously, he also at random intervals breaks into the shakes or opens and closes his mouth for no reason, absolute freak. on the 2 occasions I have had the misfortune for him to sit next to me I have wanted to cry

2) This weird mosher who wears the same leather jacket every day, he gets on and then starts to sleep and continually nods his head all over the place and leans against you. FFS

3) Some silly little schoolgirl who goes 3 stops, and shrieks continually, speaks ****e and generally bullies all the other schoolkids, not realising what a nippy little cow she is

I also detest the neds, and people who take all day etc but these 3 characters make me want to scream on a daily basis when I have the misfortune to be stuck near them

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I say something every single time this happens and not once have they refused to turn it off.

A curt "excuse me but this is a public vehicle so could you turn that off please" and they will usually do it.

They get by on the thinking that nobody will challenge them.

My hates -

Slow people. Especially leaving work. I appreciate some of you have nothing to look forward to other than waking up and coming back into this hell hole tomorrow but please get out of the way of us who want to get into the sunshine. (or rain).

People who will hold a door despite the person behind being 50 metres away. This then forces you to break into a casual jog so they're not left like a tube holding a door. As long as you're not letting the door slam in someones face you're not being impolite you morons.

Schoolkids on the bus when they are only travelling a 10 minute walk up the road. Slow your journey down by about 15 minutes by the time they all get on and pay their pound. No wonder we're an obese nation.

Bus drivers in general. The only public facing employees who have clearly never had any customer service training whatsoever. Look at you like you're the **** of earth because you want some change when it clearly says change is available on the side of the bus.

Haha laughed out loud at that one.

Happens to me at least 5 times a day! Are these people trying to take the **** or what?

Next time it happens I'm just going to walk at my normal pace and make them feel daft for trying to be over polite.

I P Knightley
I

The perfect time, I find, to discover tht your shoelace needs re-tying.

jambo4life I could right a book at things that **** me off about people and public transport! Obviously back in Scotland there are the neds playing ****e techno/rave/hell music on their gadgey phones to the whole bus!!!

If you do, can I be a proofreader? I imagine the money'd be good ;)

Legend Claws
The perfect time, I find, to discover tht your shoelace needs re-tying.

If you do, can I be a proofreader? I imagine the money'd be good ;)

Ah yes ok! 'Write' is that better?

And I'm pretty sure 'proofreader' is two words so you wouldn't be getting a job from me!!!

I P Knightley
Ah yes ok! 'Write' is that better?

And I'm pretty sure 'proofreader' is two words so you wouldn't be getting a job from me!!!

Mebbes aye, mebbes naw but, of course, the word 'that' has an 'a' in it (my post, first line).

So that was my worst job application ever...

Legend Claws
Mebbes aye, mebbes naw but, of course, the word 'that' has an 'a' in it (my post, first line).

So that was my worst job application ever...

Yse ti saw!

Walter Payton

One of my bugbears is when you're at the airport for the early morning flight because you've got a meeting somewhere down South- you've planned ahead and got organised ahead so you can get the maximum sleep possible before the quick shower and jump in the taxi heading to the airport. You swipe your frequent flyers card through the machine and rattle through the usual questions at check-in and before you know it your heading towards the business lounge where you can probably catch another hours shut-eye before your flight is called...

PROBLEM IS- The muppets who stand for 20 minutes in line waiting for the security scans, only to realise when it's their turn to put their hand luggage on the belt that they've still got 3 months worth of loose change in 8 different pockets, they've forgotten to take their belt off, they've got 3 different overcoats on that they're also going to have to take off and put on the belt and they've forgotten about the laptop in their bag that they're going to have to show to security. Get anymore than 4 of these muppets in the queue ahead of you and you can kiss goodbye to that extra sleep. FFS, plan ahead!

Boaby Ewing
One of my bugbears is when you're at the airport for the early morning flight because you've got a meeting somewhere down South- you've planned ahead and got organised ahead so you can get the maximum sleep possible before the quick shower and jump in the taxi heading to the airport. You swipe your frequent flyers card through the machine and rattle through the usual questions at check-in and before you know it your heading towards the business lounge where you can probably catch another hours shut-eye before your flight is called...

PROBLEM IS- The muppets who stand for 20 minutes in line waiting for the security scans, only to realise when it's their turn to put their hand luggage on the belt that they've still got 3 months worth of loose change in 8 different pockets, they've forgotten to take their belt off, they've got 3 different overcoats on that they're also going to have to take off and put on the belt and they've forgotten about the laptop in their bag that they're going to have to show to security. Get anymore than 4 of these muppets in the queue ahead of you and you can kiss goodbye to that extra sleep. FFS, plan ahead!

Well you saved me typing that.

I'll add: People eating on the tube. It stinks and frankly makes me feel a bit queasy. Know what the smell in the tube is cretin? That's skin. Dead bits of floaty skin.

And you're eating your pov burger in that environment. Nice.

Actually, a burger isn't the worst of it. I had the misfortune to stand next to a woman during rush hour (people crammed together, pretty much unable to move) who somehow whipped a yoghurt and a feckin' banana out her bag.

The look on the boy's face who got some of it on his suit as the train came to a stop said what the rest of us were thinking.

Oh, and you can add burds brushing their hair when they're sitting next to you in the morning. Do you not have a mirror in your house?

I hate public transport.

UK public transport should introduce the same rules as on Singapore's MTR - no eating and drinking. Job done.

UK public transport should introduce the same rules as on Singapore's MTR - no eating and drinking. Job done.

Agreed, I would also rule out standing, especially on the sardine express (22) from the gyle if you leave work any time after 4.00. Incidentally, when was the last time you used public transport ??:107years:

Angry Haggis

Been bus commuting now for a good few years. Generally nothing really gets to me now...apart from....

Women gassing on their mobiles. They get on the bus, pull out their phone then proceed to will the normal drivel...

"Hiya.."

"Yeah fine.."

"I'm on the bus"...

"Blah blah blah........"

Look at me I'm great....chatting away cause i'm a people person...FO!

Twisting ma melons man. Ah...that?s it Haggis..Just turn up a bit of Small Faces on the ipod to drown it out.....

Incidentally, when was the last time you used public transport ??:107years:

I'll be using public transport in 5 hours time when I board my flight from Hong Kong. ;)

Sheriff Fatman
Agreed, I would also rule out standing, especially on the sardine express (22) from the gyle if you leave work any time after 4.00. Incidentally, when was the last time you used public transport ??:107years:

There is a 22 every 5 seconds, maybe some people should wait for the next one.

Personally I thyink they should cut the number of 22's by a third and split them amount the other routes. That would give the rest of a chance to even get on a bus at rush hour let alone have to stand.

monkfish1979

Anybody remember a delightful chap that called himself "Kaiser"? He put me off getting the bus for life when I was about 18. Taunted me and other folks on the bus for the entire journey home, then tried to lure my (then) girlfriend round to his with the promise of a can of special brew......

surprisingly that didn't work.

Not a public transport bugbear but why the feck do women at supermarket checkouts have to wait until they hear their total before they start rummaging in their bag for their purse?

monkfish1979
Not a public transport bugbear but why the feck do women at supermarket checkouts have to wait until they hear their total before they start rummaging in their bag for their purse?

Try going to the local Co-Op during the day when you're in a hurry. I spent the best part of 5 minutes in the one in Duns recently listening to two old dears chatting (in gratuitous detail) about their deteriorating health.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I work from home so I get none of this BS

Although I've been down in London for two days and it took me the length of Kings X platform to get back into London travel mode.

I used to hate smelly feckers on the tube in the morning

FFS Who works with these people? And theyre mostly suits too, surely someone in their office would have a word in their shell like

There is a 22 every 5 seconds, maybe some people should wait for the next one.

Personally I thyink they should cut the number of 22's by a third and split them amount the other routes. That would give the rest of a chance to even get on a bus at rush hour let alone have to stand.

The 22 is always standing room only at rush hour mate, waiting for the next one would make no difference, that's why there's so many. So here's my 22 rant - Why do these c u next tuesdays ALWAYS stand right at the front of the bus? Ive seen them drive past my stop with everyone crushed next to the driver and plenty of room at the back. And when they do stop, the number of times the driver has to say "move up to the back of the bus" makes me want to stab someone.

And another thing. The baggage rack is for bags. There is always some tool sitting on it. It's not a feckin seat! I then have to keep my rucksack on my shoulder and cause an obstruction to everyone trying to get off.

And another thing. Stevenson college students should get their own bus. They make me angry.

And another thing. I sometimes get the 2 to the gyle. It's been mentioned above, but the next selfish w**k who sits their bag next to them on the only spare seat and looks at me like I'm a d**k when I ask them to move it is getting a severe smack.

Rant over ;)

As an aside, I think the drivers themselves are a credit to LRT. The vast majority of them are friendly, polite and are great at customer service. I lived in Glasgow for a year and the drivers there are rude *****.

I work from home so I get none of this BS

You didn't see "That Mitchell & Webb Look" last night perchance?:P

Crikey where do I start?

- People who open the window the second they get on a bus, why should everyone else freeze because they had to shift their lardy ar$e and run for the bus.

- Neds

- Pensioners why do they feel the need to travel during rush hour? If you can't stand on a bus then don't get on a 22 at half 8 in the morning. You have all day to get a bit of shopping in so do it that bit later FFS !!

- Girls turning themselves orange! Either do your make up before you leave the house or try a natural look because i really don't wan't my black suit covered in orange powder !

- People with crap music on their Ipods! No i don't mean that the music annoys me because I listen to my own but constantly getting elbowed in the ribs by the person next to me because they are constantly skipping tracks on their Ipod really does my head in! If you don't like a song then what the **** is it doing on your Ipod???????

Sheriff Fatman
And another thing. Stevenson college students should get their own bus. They make me angry.

Maybe if there was a bus we would get it. We don't get special buses every 5 seconds because we work at one end of the shopping centre express.

Stewart MacD

They're the ones who wait 15 minutes for a bus then perform the rummage sketch when it arrives? (And, they're the ones who wonder loudly why the bus is running late)

We've got some Pre-pay only buses now - I wish the authorities would extent this to all routes.

Stewart MacD
The 22 is always standing room only at rush hour mate, waiting for the next one would make no difference, that's why there's so many. So here's my 22 rant - Why do these c u next tuesdays ALWAYS stand right at the front of the bus? Ive seen them drive past my stop with everyone crushed next to the driver and plenty of room at the back. And when they do stop, the number of times the driver has to say "move up to the back of the bus" makes me want to stab someone.

It's the same in Sydney. Apparently there's a legend of a Black Hole at the back of the bus where you get sucked away into oblivion (No cheap shots about Blowjob and steak day, please!), so the idiots stand near the front or block the centre exit door.

Stewart MacD

Bus drivers who don't ask standing passengers to move up to the back of the bus. Also drivers who don't enforce the "No drinking or eating" regulations.

Likewise, why isn't eating or drinking banned on trains (in Sydney)? If they want to eat, there are places like parks, or even caf?s and restaurants or homes to indulge in.

Archived