Another One

Rivlin

The news that Wigan have "snapped up Steven Caldwell" reminds me of the story of Morecombe and Wise's debut at the Glasgow Empire. Ernie appeared first and was soon roundly booed. Eric then appeared to a shout from the stalls "Christ, there's two of them!!" I think the Wigan supporters will be feeling the same.

Chad Sexington

The news that Wigan have "snapped up Steven Caldwell" reminds me of the story of Morecombe and Wise's debut at the Glasgow Empire. Ernie appeared first and was soon roundly booed. Eric then appeared to a shout from the stalls "Christ, there's two of them!!" I think the Wigan supporters will be feeling the same.

I think that was actually Mike and Bernie Winters...however your point is valid. :D

Francis Albert

I think that was actually Mike and Bernie Winters...however your point is valid. :D

That's the version I remember ... a better comparison too to the Caldwells in their "talent" in their respective fields.

Your right, I'm wrong. The Morecombe and Wise story was them walking off to "no applause, only the sound of their own footsteps. As they passed the sad-faced fireman who always stood in the wings, he fixed them with a knowing look, flicked what little was left of his cigarette into a sandbucket and muttered, They're beginning to like you'. "

Archived