Yogi Hughes Prefers Scottish Laddies

kennyblack'sshot

kennyblack'sshot

I really hate how people like Hughes (would include Calderwood and McGhee, the SFA and most of the media in this) have a go at foreigners then go all quiet when the same things happens involving Scottish players. McGregor's dive was much more blatant than Velicka's but check out the difference in Hughes's reaction:

From the BBC today...

Hughes also brushed aside another incident in the game, where Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor fell to the ground clutching his head when there was no contact from Hibs striker Derek Riordan as the pair stood toe to toe.

"Derek and Allan are the best of mates," said Hughes. "That's football, it's an emotional game, there are plenty of incidents and we talk about them. That's why we all love it."

Contrast this with Yogi's reaction after the almost identical Velicka-Barr incident, when there was actual contact from Barr:

"The referee was conned and fell for it and I feel an injustice, especially as it happened to a young, up-and coming Scottish laddie. I expect better from a professional. Even the Scots boys in the Hearts team were laughing coming off the pitch."

He ended by telling the media: "You've all been in football a number of years and all know what the Scottish game is like. It's as honest as the day is long. Write it the way you see it."

If I was a Hibs fan I'd be a bit annoyed at Hughes not making more of this given how his whole public persona revolves around being "honest" and only playing "honest laddies" as he likes to remind us in every interview. Can anyone say "hypocritical"? I can.

I really hate how people like Hughes (would include Calderwood and McGhee, the SFA and most of the media in this) have a go at foreigners then go all quiet when the same things happens involving Scottish players. McGregor's dive was much more blatant than Velicka's but check out the difference in Hughes's reaction:

From the BBC today...

Contrast this with Yogi's reaction after the almost identical Velicka-Barr incident, when there was actual contact from Barr:

If I was a Hibs fan I'd be a bit annoyed at Hughes not making more of this given how his whole public persona revolves around being "honest" and only playing "honest laddies" as he likes to remind us in every interview. Can anyone say "hypocritical"? I can.

precept-laddie-xtreme1.jpg

Hibs: Celtc's feeder club since 1888.

rudi must stay

Just more inconsistency, most managers are just as inconsistent. The good thing is his teams on the slide :)

Thundercats Are Go

Its obvious that Hughes is part of the worldwide conspiracy to keep the Old Firm in a position of dominance and keep the rest of the clubs including his in check.

That or perhaps he is friends with McG and doesnt want to strain that. I prefer option 1 as its sooooo much more likely.

He didn't exactly have a lot of Scots in his team though did he?

I'm not sure where the keeper is from but even allowing for that the majority of the starting line up weren't Scottish.

From the BBC today...

He's wanting walter smitty's support if he decides to appeal mcbride's red card

From the BBC today...

Good bit of digging - if only our media had the same tenacity to expose hypocrisy in the modern game as you do.

mahgrassyshoes

Its obvious that Hughes is part of the worldwide conspiracy to keep the Old Firm in a position of dominance and keep the rest of the clubs including his in check.

That or perhaps he is friends with McG and doesnt want to strain that. I prefer option 1 as its sooooo much more likely.

Well that's ok then. Please Mr McGregor, continue to be a ******* cheat and everyone will continue to let it slide because we're all "football friends".

Archived