Eng-Er-Lund Wc2018 Bid

Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

I see that the FIFA delegation is planning to visit SAF at Old Trafford later today.

Time to send the signal to wake up the sleeper agent methinks. :thumbsup:

Come on SAF, you know you want to! :lol:

Thundercats Are Go

I see that the FIFA delegation is planning to visit SAF at Old Trafford later today.

Time to send the signal to wake up the sleeper agent methinks. :thumbsup:

Come on SAF, you know you want to! :lol:

I hope they get it, the best tournament in the world on our doorstep, tremendous.

I hope they get it, the best tournament in the world on our doorstep, tremendous.

Exactly. A wee trip down south to take in a couple of games would be well in order. They probably have the best stadia to host the tournament out of the countries vying for it?

Sierra Delta

:thumbsup:

Would love to be able to go down to see a few games.

The Chelsea fans could get to see their adopted home nation, I suppose.

Personally I don't think they deserve it, as they have hosted a major tournament in recent history.

It should go somewhere else that hasn't had it in the past 50 years.

rossthejambo

The Chelsea fans could get to see their adopted home nation, I suppose.

Personally I don't think they deserve it, as they have hosted a major tournament in recent history.

It should go somewhere else that hasn't had it in the past 50 years.

2018 is 52 years after 1966. :whistling:

I think he means after hosting Euro 96. Anyway think the only country they are up against that haven't hosted something recently are Russia, who by all accounts are in with a decent shout to get it.

Personally I would love England to get it. The biggest tournie in the world a few hours drive away is very appealing. Although some of the games at Euro 96 were not the best, it was a tournament that I loved watching.

Patrick Bateman

I hope the English bid fails, because I don't want Scottish taypayer's money being wasted on it with zero return, as has been the case with the London Olympics. Unless, of course, Scotland is independent and not subject to Westminster taxation, in which case I would support their bid for reasons posted above :thumbsup:

One thing that could go against them would indeed by Euro 96. Football was supposed to 'come home' but games involving us and England aside, there were quite a few empty seats at matches not involving the home nations.

England would be a great place to host it.

Good infrastructure and stadia to hold an event like the WC. I'd be able to go see it for the cost of a tank of petrol and a travellodge.

:thumbsup:

Archived