Bouzid And Barr

garethjambo

How did Bouzid and Barr play on Saturday? I heard Barr looked a bit shaky in CB last week. Seems to have better attributes for a RB rather than a CB......

I feel that Bouzid will have a really good season for us this season, should now be settled in Edinburgh etc and hopefully got used to the cold!!

Is that our best back four? discuss!

Guest jambomickey

How did Bouzid and Barr play yesterday? I heard Barr looked a bit shaky in CB last week. Seems to have better attributes for a RB rather than a CB......

I feel that Bouzid will have a really good season for us this season, should now be settled in Edinburgh etc and hopefully got used to the cold!!

didn't have a game yesterday, :lol: they weren't really tested to be honest.

didn't have a game yesterday, :lol: they weren't really tested to be honest.

Oops I meant on Saturday!! just back from a 2 day stag weekend so feeling a bit worse for wear and clearly not switched on! ha!

Chad Sexington

Oops I meant on Saturday!! just back from a 2 day stag weekend so feeling a bit worse for wear and clearly not switched on! ha!

Careful. Mickey will be calling you part time glory hunter in a minute. :rolleyes:

boabyarsebiscuit

How did Bouzid and Barr play on Saturday? I heard Barr looked a bit shaky in CB last week. Seems to have better attributes for a RB rather than a CB......

Hamilton are a pretty poor outfit, so I suppose you have to put it in the context of Saturday's game but I thought Bouzid put in a good shift and the Bouzid/Zaliukas partnership looked better than a Barr/Zaliukas pairing. Barr did OK at Right Back, so maybe we have found our best back four for now.

Couple of things I also noticed about Bouzid from our spot behind the goals. He was not slow in giving encouragement to the likes of Craig Thomson and in particular to David Templeton when Temps tracked back to make a good tackle in the first half. And also he was not shy about humping the ball away from the danger zone if required.

Finally, and despite saying Hamilton were pish in my opening sentence, their boy Joel Thomas looked quite difficult to play against and our centre-backs never really gave him much of a look in. So decent perfomance from the defence all round.

I'd stick with the back four as it is for the foreseeable future.

Drylaw Hearts

That was/is obviously JJ's first choice Back 4.

It's not the greatest defence we've ever had but they should do ok against most SPL teams.

rossthejambo

Careful. Mickey will be calling you part time glory hunter in a minute. :rolleyes:

Quite right too.

Going on a stag do at a WEEKEND when Hearts are playing Hamilton Accies?! That's just bloody not on. A real fan wouldn't do such a thing

:whistling:

Charlie-Brown

That was/is obviously JJ's first choice Back 4.

It's not the greatest defence we've ever had but they should do ok against most SPL teams.

That depends whether he plays Eggert Jonsson in defence or midfield once he's available again.

boabyarsebiscuit

That depends whether he plays Eggert Jonsson in defence or midfield once he's available again.

Hopefully midfield. I don't think Eggert is effective at Right Back, and whilst he's never let anybody down when he's stood in at Centre Back, I think he gives more to the team in midfield.

I am hoping this is a "breakthrough" season for Ismail Bouzid where he gets a good run of games under his belt and peforms well.

Of course Eggert could partner Bouzid when Zaliukas leaves in January, assuming we don't sign a replacement. ;-)

Drylaw Hearts

What makes you think JJ will play him in defence ?

Charlie-Brown

What makes you think JJ will play him in defence ?

He played him there last season.

EDIT: also he's taller than Barr and Dundee Utd are quite a big side so i wouldn't be surprised if both Jonsson and Mrowiec played on sunday.

Drylaw Hearts

He played him there last season.

Only because of injuries/suspensions.

Assuming Barr, Bouzid, Zal and Wallace are fit and playing well enough they will be first pick.

Jonsson will be in midfield.

rossthejambo

Not that I'm saying that Jonsson is a bad defender, but I bloody hope he's played in midfield.

Interviews in pre-season seemed to suggest that JJ seen him as a box to box midfielder though so I've got hope.

The People's Chimp

Hopefully midfield. I don't think Eggert is effective at Right Back, and whilst he's never let anybody down when he's stood in at Centre Back, I think he gives more to the team in midfield.

I am hoping this is a "breakthrough" season for Ismail Bouzid where he gets a good run of games under his belt and peforms well.

Of course Eggert could partner Bouzid when Zaliukas leaves in January, assuming we don't sign a replacement. ;-)

I like Bouzid. I think this could be a good season for him as well. And I'd echo what was said above about him encouraging the younger guys on the pitch, he did much the same last season.

The Treasurer

Hamilton are a pretty poor outfit, so I suppose you have to put it in the context of Saturday's game but I thought Bouzid put in a good shift and the Bouzid/Zaliukas partnership looked better than a Barr/Zaliukas pairing. Barr did OK at Right Back, so maybe we have found our best back four for now.

Couple of things I also noticed about Bouzid from our spot behind the goals. He was not slow in giving encouragement to the likes of Craig Thomson and in particular to David Templeton when Temps tracked back to make a good tackle in the first half. And also he was not shy about humping the ball away from the danger zone if required.

Finally, and despite saying Hamilton were pish in my opening sentence, their boy Joel Thomas looked quite difficult to play against and our centre-backs never really gave him much of a look in. So decent perfomance from the defence all round.

I'd stick with the back four as it is for the foreseeable future.

Sums it up pretty well Boaby

I thought Bouzid had a good game. I am not sure about Barr at right back i thought he got beaten to easily by there left midfielder a few times allowing him to put some dangerous crosses in to the box. They hit the bar from one cross and it took two excellent pieces of defending by Templeton at the back post to stop other goal scoring chances.

Archived