First Spl Manager For The Chop?

Victor Meldrew

Victor Meldrew

A couple of games into the season and therefore a chance to speculate on which manager will get his jotters first.

After Hamilton's disastrous start, Billy Reid must be the favourite, but he's the one that got them to the SPL in the first place, and they are unlikely to have many decent options, so they might stick with him.

If the Hobos' form continues as it has since the beginning of 2010, then Yogi might be out by Christmas - they set a new record of six consecutive home defeats today NEVER in their history have they managed to be that bad at the San Giro.

But my bet is Peter Houston. OK, they won the cup last year but it was Levein's team, and I seriously doubt they'll be able to replace Webster. Last season raised expectations at Tannadice and I think he'll suffer because of that if they don't start winning games (which I don't think they will). Having said that they'll probably beat us at Tynecastle now!!

A couple of games into the season and therefore a chance to speculate on which manager will get his jotters first.

After Hamilton's disastrous start, Billy Reid must be the favourite, but he's the one that got them to the SPL in the first place, and they are unlikely to have many decent options, so they might stick with him.

If the Hobos' form continues as it has since the beginning of 2010, then Yogi might be out by Christmas - they set a new record of six consecutive home defeats today NEVER in their history have they managed to be that bad at the San Giro.

But my bet is Peter Houston. OK, they won the cup last year but it was Levein's team, and I seriously doubt they'll be able to replace Webster. Last season raised expectations at Tannadice and I think he'll suffer because of that if they don't start winning games (which I don't think they will). Having said that they'll probably beat us at Tynecastle now!!

Mark McGhee. Winning the first two games has got them a wee bit too exited, it will make the return to reality that much worse. Out by the end of October.

;)

Captain America

How much is Billy Reid regretting turning down the Swansea opportunity now?

However i think OP right when he says Peter Houston must be one of the favourites.

Victor Meldrew

Mixu's an interesting one, but like Lennon at St Mirren, I think he's just too recent an appointment for them to give him the boot so soon. Plus Killie are too skint to pay anyone off at the moment!!

linkin- hearts

Would rather this bunch of inept human beings kept their jobs til after Christmas, therefore allowing JJ to cement his position as best manager in the SPL:thumbsup:

Jam Tarts 1874

I'll go for Bingo. I think Houston and Reid will be given time to rebuild their respective teams.

hibs have shown in the past that they do lose patience quite quickly. Williamson and Duffy for example.

The Treasurer

If Hamilton's board are realistic, and recent history would suggest they are then they will realise that they have punched above their weight for a while now and managed to produce some good young player that have been sold at a profit.

Therefore I think Reid will be quite safe even if they were to finish bottom this season.

Marmeladent?rtchen

After 2 games its far to early to tell, could all change.

Just as much chance of Vlad playing silly buggers and sacking JJ.!! :ermm:

Victor Meldrew

After 2 games its far to early to tell, could all change.

Just as much chance of Vlad playing silly buggers and sacking JJ.!! :ermm:

I know it's too early to tell, but that's why it's fun to speculate

If Hamilton's board are realistic, and recent history would suggest they are then they will realise that they have punched above their weight for a while now and managed to produce some good young player that have been sold at a profit.

Therefore I think Reid will be quite safe even if they were to finish bottom this season.

This.

Given the fact that he turned down a move even though his team had been pulled apart, i really cant see the Hamiltion board sacking him any time soon.

Houston has to be nail on unless he turns it around very soon.

Doctor FinnBarr

God I hope not, the man is a legend down Tynie way! :D

They might bring back the Fat Finn for cheapness tho!

:whistling:

Houston has to be nail on unless he turns it around very soon.

FFS, they've played 3 games this season. they lost to a team who are far better than them, drew an away game and then had an admittedly shocking game against ICT. he's just off the back of a tremendous 2nd half of the season, including a Scottish cup win. What is there to turn around?

Not looking good for Bingo, the others will get some more time so he'll be first to go. McGhee saved his job by managing to get Hartley in I reckon. Utd will have a poor season by last years standards but won't be bad enough to get Houston the chop I'd say.

This early in the season it's hard to say. But if i was a gambling man, i'd go for Yogi.

Second favourite our 'old pal' Mr Lennon. :rolleyes:

Hibs have been pish since the turn off the year. they've not won a game at the San Giro since march.

Bingo for the high jump, cant see the massive crowds in that fantastic new stand putting up with it much longer :lol:

Archived