• Ruben PALAZUELOS
    • Suso SANTANA
    • Calum ELLIOT
    • David TEMPLETON
    • Adrian MROWIEC
    • Ryan McGOWAN
    • Kevin KYLE

portobellojambo1

Time to vote again (forgot about the game against Elgin on Tuesday, should have stuck this up last night, but hey ho).

Thought the whole team performed a lot better as a unit Saturday. The back 4, in all positions, looked very comfortable, midfield was better than against St Johnstone (without being great) and Templeton looked very good. Kyle also gave a glimpse of what is yet to come, he will make a huge difference to us up front.

But one player raised his performance more than most (I hope it is a sign of what is to come rather than a flash in the pan) and that was Calum Elliot. Have been critical of him in the past, because I thought it was deserved at the time, but can offer nothing but praise for Saturday's performance, and he gets my vote this time round.

MODS - Would you be able to sticky this for a few days please. Thank you.

portobellojambo1

Do thread titles have some sort of texting fix/alteration mode in them. I set up the title with M.O.T.M all in capitals, and when you hit submit part of it drops into lower case. Pain in the ass.

11/11 for Elliot.

No contest really. Hopefully this is him sending out a warning, that he'll not be giving up that starting place without a fight. If he can continue this form, we'll have some great competition for places upfront and can maybe expect more performances like this in games to come. :thumbsup:

Played very well, unlucky not to get the hat-trick. More of the same please!

Calum for me. Encouraged also by Temps and yet again Lee. All youngish and the team's looking good.

All youngish and the team's looking good.

Sounds like the team of 1998 (ok we had the odd oldie in the team back then) :thumbsup:

Hannibal Lecter

A few players played really well on Saturday but I've voted for Calum Elliot. Not only because he scored 2 but for his overall work-rate too.

This is about as close to being unanimous as any poll I've seen here. Well done Calum, 96% of votes presently.

Bit concerned that suddenly kickback posters agree, seems unnatural that....

I loved his determination.

Even though we're 3-0 up, he fights to win the ball in his own half and runs all the way to make it 4. Superb solo effort, it shows his never give up attitude that he's had for years. Hopefully he's being rewarded now.

Never thought I would ever cast this vote but Calum Eliot, all round outstanding performance.

Archived