David Witteveen At Dens / Possible Loan Move (Merged Threads)

dodemac

just received a text from a m8, he told me that big Dave was at Dens Park yesterday with a view to signing for them before the transfer window closes, if so all the best to him

kirsty%20gallacher%20fingers%20crossed.jpg

A vast improvement on the Ashley Cole one.

My opinion is, if this happens, we will miraculously find the documentation about Toto and sign him.

Part of deal for griffiths or the central midfield boy?

Hopefully Harkins or in fact just to get himmoff the wage bill would be good.I'm not totally knocking the guy but he is well out the picture so he would be as well being away a d freeing up wages for Toto.

I hate Dundee so they're welcome to the big shytehouse.

I hope their stadium burns down & all their vaginas fall out.

Hearts of Vladland

Revenge for '86 is sweet.

Yup giving them a proven first divison striker for free is revenge right enough. mellow.gif

If true, a good move for the player, he certainly proved himself to be more than good enough in that division last season. As has been said many times before on here, his attitude has been faultless in his time at HMFC, so good luck with any move that may allow him to chance to get on with his career at a more appropriate level.

Captain America

If true, a good move for the player, he certainly proved himself to be more than good enough in that division last season. As has been said many times before on here, his attitude has been faultless in his time at HMFC, so good luck with any move that may allow him to chance to get on with his career at a more appropriate level.

This :thumbsup:

Hopefully Harkins or in fact just to get himmoff the wage bill would be good.I'm not totally knocking the guy but he is well out the picture so he would be as well being away a d freeing up wages for Toto.

HARKINS has just been made skipper for the team who are favs to win promotion, my erse they winna finish top AGAIN LOL

I thought he'd been let go. So he's already off the wage bill. And entited to sign for who he likes for free.

It has no bearing on the toto deal.

I thought he'd been let go. So he's already off the wage bill. And entited to sign for who he likes for free.

It has no bearing on the toto deal.

No, there is a difference between being freed & being told you are free to go. We would not ask for a transfer fee if he can find a new clun (Dundee it looks like) but if we freed him we'd have to pay up his contract - that costs money

No, there is a difference between being freed & being told you are free to go. We would not ask for a transfer fee if he can find a new clun (Dundee it looks like) but if we freed him we'd have to pay up his contract - that costs money

Ah right. I thought he was already away.

Hearts of Vladland

He was still training with Hearts earlier today. :down:

Was Toto? Just that he obviously couldn't play yesterday so might have need to go in today to keep fit?

Footballfirst

Was Toto? Just that he obviously couldn't play yesterday so might have need to go in today to keep fit?

Don't know, I wasn't paying that much attention to everyone who was there as I was only walking past the end of the pitch. Assuming he was fit I would have expected him to be there.

I feel for the lad. Can you honestly say that if Hearts were to come in for you, you wouldn't bite their hands off? I'm way past whatever prime I had and I can tell you that I would give my left nut for a chance to turn out for the famous.

He did his best and it wasn't good enough. Lets leave the guy alone and wish him the best, wherever he lands.

linkin- hearts

I feel for the lad. Can you honestly say that if Hearts were to come in for you, you wouldn't bite their hands off? I'm way past whatever prime I had and I can tell you that I would give my left nut for a chance to turn out for the famous.

He did his best and it wasn't good enough. Lets leave the guy alone and wish him the best, wherever he lands.

Says it all for me:thumbsup:

Hear hear!

The guy was plucked out of obscurity and, to the best of my knowledge, never lead us to believe he had any pedigree at the top level. Nor has he bad mouthed the club as far as I know and he's just enjoyed his unexpected 15 mins of fame.

As for his current status. He has been told he can go, although he has 10 months of his contract still to run, and is perfectly entitled to do **** all and simply take a wage for that period.

If his agent finds him a club then he is FREE to go with no transfer fee involved and his new club will just have to pay him. I doubt it's a lot mind but every mickle makes a muckle as they say :thumbsup:

Thought he was free to go? Said he may go there on loan :whistling:

Depends on the wages I guess. At the end of the day, if Dundee can't match whatever we're paying Witteveen why should he walk away from his contract with us. A loan probably suits him down to the ground.

We can only release him, if we reach agreement over a fee to cover the balance of his Hearts contract, otherwise we are stuck with him until it expires. A loan deal means that Dundee would have to cover all or part of his wages bill. Let's hope that they do because he is clearly a Div 1 player and not good enough for the SPL - bit like a few more of our recent signings under Vlad.

:thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

Thought we released him on a free?

We said he was free to find another club, slight difference

tartofmidlothian
"It might be they can work a deal," said Jefferies. "If not, David will just have to hope another club comes in for him before the transfer deadline."

Sounds ominous. "...otherwise he'll be cleaning the bogs until January."

Archived