Andy Carroll

Acey

Drylaw Hearts

...is he still on board the "let's play for Scotland" train?

:woot:

No.

He got off at Newcastle.

jamboinglasgow

Recently stated his intention of getting into the England squad...unfortunately. :(

think that was in the Sun, I dont think he has completely turned his back and levein is trying hard.

Fecks sake - Levein better get his finger oot....

Levein has tried to get him. Carroll's first choice is England, though, although he would play for Scotland if he doesn't get the opportunity with England.

Unfortunately I can see him being involved in the England squad very soon.

Fabio's assistant was at the game yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if he is called up for the next squad if he keeps that form up. He is a real handful and with still being young I think he can be a great player. Pity for Scotland that we couldn't get him but the lad is English and if the chance to play for them is there he is going to take it over playing for us.

Finished well yesterday. However while he is a constant threat in the air he's also A good yard slow IMO ( and really should have been caught for his 3rd )

Villa were woeful yesterday and whilst it's true - you can only beat whats put in front of you- you have to look at the bigger picture.

His style of play isn't about pace though. I went to a few Newcastle games last season and although the opposition is obviously weaker he is pretty decent on the deck for a big guy. He will cause sides all kinds of problems as he is strong physical and decent in both the air and on the ground. He is also not short of confidence and if he can screw the nut and stay away from the nightclubs I wouldn't be surprised if he notched at least 15 goals this season.

Finished well yesterday. However while he is a constant threat in the air he's also A good yard slow IMO ( and really should have been caught for his 3rd )

Villa were woeful yesterday and whilst it's true - you can only beat whats put in front of you- you have to look at the bigger picture.

He think he's the English kris Boyd! Lazy as deck but in the right place at the right time.

Someone mention areta? this would be awesome, but I'm I wrong in thinking that the British teams have a gentlemans argeement not to pick players who are available thru that rule ? I know we have that somila boy in the youth team in Scotland but I think that is because he has being brought up here as a kid.

Archived