Got A Letter From The Club Today

Radioactive Mince

Radioactive Mince

In short, it's my birthday next month and HMFC have kindly sent me a letter offering free Gorgie Suite hospitality for a 'future match'.

Has anybody else received such a thing and is it, as I suspect, a simple marketing ploy? After all, you're hardly going to go on yer tod.

Over to you, KB.

Got the same letter this morning. Only problem is, you've got to find three other folk to pay full price to go with you

Radioactive Mince

Got the same letter this morning. Only problem is, you've got to find three other folk to pay full price to go with you

I see. So it's 25% off the price for a party of four rather than FREE hospitality.

My letter did not have this information on it, only a dubious 'see terms and conditions on voucher' at the bottom of the page.

Cheers Lgow

Independence

I see. So it's 25% off the price for a party of four rather than FREE hospitality.

My letter did not have this information on it, only a dubious 'see terms and conditions on voucher' at the bottom of the page.

Cheers Lgow

Good marketing by the club !

Why would anybody be annoyed by this? Sounds like a decent offer to me. Not mind blowing but appealing to some, I'm sure.

Hearts should get credit for being innovative and trying to increase revenue whilst offering a decent discount.

Radioactive Mince

Why would anybody be annoyed by this? Sounds like a decent offer to me. Not mind blowing but appealing to some, I'm sure.

Hearts should get credit for being innovative and trying to increase revenue whilst offering a decent discount.

I don't know if you were referring to me there Don, but I'm certainly not annoyed.

Independence

Got one in the post yesterday...it went straight in the bin.

Hearts FC would like to thank you for your continued support..not!

I don't know if you were referring to me there Don, but I'm certainly not annoyed.

Not you or anyone specifically.There will be those, however, that think things like this are a "trick" of some sort. I just thought it was a genuine offer, that's all

Radioactive Mince

If the boy's not going to take up the offer, then why should he keep what effectively becomes an item of junk mail?

Radioactive Mince

Not you or anyone specifically.There will be those, however, that think things like this are a "trick" of some sort. I just thought it was a genuine offer, that's all

No bother. My only gripe is the way the letter is written, with no mention of the three other full-price patrons. Savvy folk will take the 'free' part with a pinch of salt, but a letter such as this could leave some of our more simple supporters a little disappointed ;)

If the boy's not going to take up the offer, then why should he keep what effectively becomes an item of junk mail?

Thanks FreddyRincon. As you say if I'm not interested in the offer then it goes in the bin.

Doesn't make me any less of a supporter.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Aye I got one, your birthday must be close to mine. I had a feeling the 'offer' would be based on me taking another person, but not three more. laugh.gif

I might use it, I might not. I'll see.

I got one too, decent bit of marketing from the club. States clearly on the flier that was with the letter than you need 3 other people, so I dunno why some people are getting all worked up over it - every deal has terms and conditions.

portobellojambo1

Good deal imo.

Agree.

I know nothing about this offer, as I ain't got the letter some have received (don't know if they do it based on birth dates they hold on record, i.e. contact you only a few weeks in advance of it), but for those who fancy a day out in hospitality it is a decent deal. Not even sure what the full cost of a hospitality package is, but for argument's sake lets say it is ?100 per head. You are getting 3 for the price of 4, therefore the logical thing you do is split the cost (?300) 4 ways, and each gets a day out for ?75. I'd love to be able to get home from a match a Tynecastle on a Saturday night absolutely mangled and discover all I'd spent was ?75.

Hospitality isn't for everyone though. I've never been one that has been attracted to it, mainly because the idea of going to a football match wearing a suit and tie hasn't ever appealed to me. We (PHSC) are now in the process of arranging a day in hospitality for later this year, on another deal, so will be giving it a bash to see what it is like. But for those that don't want to take up such offers I don't think they should be judged by others as not offering HMFC support, in fact such a reaction to people not accepting offers is naive/short minded in the extreme.

jack D and coke

In short, it's my birthday next month and HMFC have kindly sent me a letter offering free Gorgie Suite hospitality for a 'future match'.

Has anybody else received such a thing and is it, as I suspect, a simple marketing ploy? After all, you're hardly going to go on yer tod.

Over to you, KB.

Put it this way you and a mate go for ?50. You dont need 4 people you can sit at someone else's table and ?50 is a bargain mate. You get there at 12 o clock and get free bevvy and fed like a king until kick off. There's always a game on SKY you can watch that in comfort, chat to ex players like Mackay and Kidd or Henry or whoevers there. Watch the first half, come in and get fed and watered again, out for the second half then back in and get well lashed up until 6 o clock and believe me you can drink as much as you want. I've always left the Gorgie Suite well oiled. Its a great day watching the game that way. Just make sure it's a category B game, not as busy and you get much much better and far more service to your table.

Dont scoff at the offer mate, take it.

jack D and coke

Agree.

I know nothing about this offer, as I ain't got the letter some have received (don't know if they do it based on birth dates they hold on record, i.e. contact you only a few weeks in advance of it), but for those who fancy a day out in hospitality it is a decent deal. Not even sure what the full cost of a hospitality package is, but for argument's sake lets say it is ?100 per head. You are getting 3 for the price of 4, therefore the logical thing you do is split the cost (?300) 4 ways, and each gets a day out for ?75. I'd love to be able to get home from a match a Tynecastle on a Saturday night absolutely mangled and discover all I'd spent was ?75.

Hospitality isn't for everyone though. I've never been one that has been attracted to it, mainly because the idea of going to a football match wearing a suit and tie hasn't ever appealed to me. We (PHSC) are now in the process of arranging a day in hospitality for later this year, on another deal, so will be giving it a bash to see what it is like. But for those that don't want to take up such offers I don't think they should be judged by others as not offering HMFC support, in fact such a reaction to people not accepting offers is naive/short minded in the extreme.

If you dont enjoy it there's something wrong with you. Whats wearing a suit got to do with anything?

I guarantee you'll want to do it again :thumbsup:

Radioactive Mince

I got one too, decent bit of marketing from the club. States clearly on the flier that was with the letter than you need 3 other people, so I dunno why some people are getting all worked up over it - every deal has terms and conditions.

Hmmm. I seem to have received the letter but not the flier. This meant I didn't know what the deal was so asked the ever dependable KB masses for their experiences. I don't see a single person getting worked up over this deal. We all see different things, though, as any match ratings thread is testament to.

Put it this way you and a mate go for ?50. You dont need 4 people you can sit at someone else's table and ?50 is a bargain mate. You get there at 12 o clock and get free bevvy and fed like a king until kick off. There's always a game on SKY you can watch that in comfort, chat to ex players like Mackay and Kidd or Henry or whoevers there. Watch the first half, come in and get fed and watered again, out for the second half then back in and get well lashed up until 6 o clock and believe me you can drink as much as you want. I've always left the Gorgie Suite well oiled. Its a great day watching the game that way. Just make sure it's a category B game, not as busy and you get much much better and far more service to your table.

Dont scoff at the offer mate, take it.

These are things I like to hear, especially the getting smashed part. Mrs FRAB and myself will be interested if this is the case. I wonder if my voucher slip is still inside the envelope. Just away to check.

EDIT: Voucher is inside the envelope, which I'd chucked in the wastepaper basket.

WeeToonJambo

I got one and will definitely be taking up the offer. Four of us had intended going anyway so we have just saved 25% on the cost.

Agree.

the hopitality day is a great day, i was lucky a few seasons ago to win a seat in the main stand as part of the federation seating, was beside John Brough with a another member of the Livingston supporters bus, free drink and some nice grub at half time and more drink

Put it this way you and a mate go for ?50. You dont need 4 people you can sit at someone else's table and ?50 is a bargain mate.

Are you sure that's the price? :unsure:

Jesus, guy might have a season ticket but doesn't fancy hospitality. Give him a break.

jack D and coke

Well Cat B games are ?100 so if ones free you only have one to pay for. Reading the thing back though i didn't realise it had to be for a table of four which would make it ?75 each. Even still that includes your match ticket so if you had any non season ticket holding mates i thoroughly recommend it you do it, if you can afford it obviously.

I've been plenty times and its an excellent day out for ?75.

jack D and coke

Well Cat B games are ?100 so if ones free you only have one to pay for. Reading the thing back though i didn't realise it had to be for a table of four which would make it ?75 each. Even still that includes your match ticket so if you had any non season ticket holding mates i thoroughly recommend it you do it, if you can afford it obviously.

I've been plenty times and its an excellent day out for ?75.

Archived