One For The Future

The Verminator

The Verminator

Just thought I would bring you all this little story.

This morning, our youngest (9) came into the bedroom and asked what was in the box on top of the wardrobe. We said that it contained alot of his "first" stuff - shoes, clothes birthday cards etc. At the bottom was a copy of the Independent that I bought on his birthday. I had never even looked at it but I was curious just to check out the sport pages.

Now, the Independent used to run a series everyweek called one for the future in which they highlighted an up and coming star, tipping him for a very bright future. The lad involved in my paper had just made his debut for Manchester United a couple of weeks previous but had so impressed Sir Alex that he had retained his place for the following couple of league games. The Indy proudly declared that he is definately one to watch and could be running the MAn U engine room for years to come.

Any guesses as to whom?

Guest Ash Cloud

This morning, our youngest (9) came into the bedroom and asked what was in the box on top of the wardrobe. We said that it contained alot of his "first" stuff - shoes, clothes birthday cards etc. At the bottom was a copy of the Independent that I bought on his birthday. I had never even looked at it but I was curious just to check out the sport pages.

Now, the Independent used to run a series everyweek called one for the future in which they highlighted an up and coming star, tipping him for a very bright future. The lad involved in my paper had just made his debut for Manchester United a couple of weeks previous but had so impressed Sir Alex that he had retained his place for the following couple of league games. The Indy proudly declared that he is definately one to watch and could be running the MAn U engine room for years to come.

Any guesses as to whom?

Darren Fletcher ?

Any guesses as to whom?

Liam Miller?

The Verminator

Michael Stewart???

Yep, the first correct reply - you get a cyber pint as reward.

I burst out laughing when I saw who it was.

FWIW the Hobos got beat 5-2 at home by the Tic altho they did finish third that year

Any guesses as to whom?

Michael Stewart?

...a bit disco

Not the real Ronaldo. The other poofy looking one in the white speedos?

The Verminator

Not the real Ronaldo. The other poofy looking one in the white speedos?

For some reason, an image of Wayne Rooney in white speedos just entered my brain - I`m away to poke my eyes out with blunt sticks now

...a bit disco

Cheers for the pint. That was the season of Mcleish, Sauzee and Williamson!

Classic Hobo headlines that year!!!

...a bit disco

For some reason, an image of Wayne Rooney in white speedos just entered my brain - I`m away to poke my eyes out with blunt sticks now

Probably snowdropped them off some poor sods washing line.

Scouse git.

Cheers for that,i'm away to hurl my load :lol:

The Verminator

Why should I suffer alone!! :D :D

And at least you hurled your load lol

Jambomullins

Why does everyone on here call Hibs fans 'Hobo's'? They're Hibby *******s FFS, keep up!!

...a bit disco

Before people start flaming me.........

I APOLOGISE for the white speedo comment.

There.

Off the hookB)

Why does everyone on here call Hibs fans 'Hobo's'? They're Hibby *******s FFS, keep up!!

Can you tell me where i called them hobo's please?

On Kickback they're hobos. It's a kickback thing, you're a noob, get used to it!

On a previous incarnation of Kickback there was a spellchecker which didn't recognise 'hibs' and offered 'hobo' as an hilariously apt alternative. Like all good nicknames it stuck.

We'll call the hobos whatever we like, we all know they're 'hibby *******s FFS', but as we pwn them we'll decide, thank you very much noob!

Now run along and criticise again when you've reached 1,000 posts!

:P

The Old Tolbooth

:lol:

Archived