David Templeton

johnjl

Guest jambomickey

brilliant goal and overall his performance was good, he's going to bring us in a big transfer fee in time to come if he keeps progressing.

Frankenstein Jambo.

brilliant goal and overall his performance was good, he's going to bring us in a big transfer fee in time to come if he keeps progressing.

I'd rather have those goals, his pace and skill every week TBH.

Guest jambomickey

I'd rather have those goals, his pace and skill every week TBH.

and so would i but if the lad keeps progressing he's going to be difficult to keep hold of because he's going to be different classs imo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

and so would i but if the lad keeps progressing he's going to be difficult to keep hold of because he's going to be different classs imo.

Yes but TBH I aint really looking forward to a transfer fee like you are I am looking forward to his obvious potential.

Reminds me of Neil McCan.

I agree mickey but he's here now so let's just hope he can keep it going meantime

Guest jambomickey

Yes but TBH I aint really looking forward to a transfer fee like you are I am looking forward to his obvious potential.

i'm not looking forward to a transfer fee, i'm a supporter so i want all our best players staying but that's not realistic.

He's superb. Who do you think will play on the wings when driver is fit?

IMO it should be templeton and driver but what about Craig thomson? hes doing well. Looks like we're gonna have an impressive squad. :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey

He's superb. Who do you think will play on the wings when driver is fit?

IMO it should be templeton and driver but what about Craig thomson? hes doing well. Looks like we're gonna have an impressive squad. :rolleyes:

got plenty options anyway with novikovas aswell.

We should be doing more of shooting on sight.

Templeton is a prospect and should be trying to cement a place in the team as his own this season even if that means keeping Driver on the sidelines.....................that should be his aim.

i'm not looking forward to a transfer fee, i'm a supporter so i want all our best players staying but that's not realistic.

The plan is for Hearts' young prospective players to move in time to the EPL/Championship for a significant fee, alla Gordon. If it wasn't for injury Driver would have likely gone already. Wallace will be next. At 21, Temps has a few years to go to get stronger.

Templeton is a prospect and should be trying to cement a place in the team as his own this season even if that means keeping Driver on the sidelines.....................that should be his aim.

[/quote

Edit. Sorry replied to wrong post

As Craig is a better defender than temps a lot will depend on tactics. And form obviously.

mahgrassyshoes

Bags of talent and confidence and he seems to be aking everything in his stride. Bodes very well imo!

Morgaro Gomis

I've been wanting Temps to get a run in for a few seasons, always had potential. I'm glad hes getting to show it now.

Seeing him getting subbed off as the first sub, before someone who is similar, like Suso, makes me feel that Jefferies might have Suso higher in the pecking order? I certainly hope not, and I hope that I am wrong about it.

Radioactive Mince

Seeing him getting subbed off as the first sub, before someone who is similar, like Suso, makes me feel that Jefferies might have Suso higher in the pecking order? I certainly hope not, and I hope that I am wrong about it.

Hopefully Jefferies was just using his vast experience in nurturing young and fragile talents. Maybe he saw that Temps was starting to perform a little less effectively and simply thought he would bring the boy off 'on a high' to a standing ovation with a view to building the lad's confidence gradually for future matches.

Novikovas totally reminded me of mccann during tge blackburn game, both in terms of appearance and playing style.

rossthejambo

Hopefully Jefferies was just using his vast experience in nurturing young and fragile talents. Maybe he saw that Temps was starting to perform a little less effectively and simply thought he would bring the boy off 'on a high' to a standing ovation with a view to building the lad's confidence gradually for future matches.

I like your thinking and think that JJ has the same idea.

Would be counter-productive leaving the lad on if he was starting to drop performance wise.

That's taking nothing away from his performance/performances as I think he is different class and will be a big big star for us soon enough.

Temps has been on the up and up for the last 3 years.

Hopefully he'll do the honorable thing.....give us 2-3 more years of his ability, sign a new contract then get sold for tons of moolah.

Charlie-Brown

i think templeton and novikovas will both become at least as good and valuable to Hearts as Driver. Who knows if they stay injury free we might even get mcgeady type silly money if they can fulfil their obvious potential.

Drylaw Hearts

A goal like the one he scored yesterday has been coming for quite a while.

He has a fantastic touch and is one of the few players we have that's capable of leaving an opposition player for dead.

Temps, like Calum, seems to be playing like someone with self-belief which must be down to JJ, BB, and GL.

Now if they could get the same from Glen and Novi we are potentially a threat to the OF, especially when the injured and suspended players become available for selection. JJ will then have selection headaches of the right kind.

Drylaw Hearts

Temps, like Calum, seems to be playing like someone with self-belief which must be down to JJ, BB, and GL.

Now if they could get the same from Glen and Novi we are potentially a threat to the OF, especially when the injured and suspended players become available for selection. JJ will then have selection headaches of the right kind.

I don't think we're anywhere near that stage yet.

I don't think we're anywhere near that stage yet.

Well I didn't expect that YOU would. Negative of negatives.

Did you notice the word "potentially"?

Templeton excites me more than driver when he gets the ball

he seems to drift past players like they arent there and can cross and finish

he is going to be a class act

Diadora Van Basten

Temps for Scotland!

Why not? We don't have any natural wide players and against Sweden fielded four central midfielders.

Drylaw Hearts

Well I didn't expect that YOU would. Negative of negatives.

Did you notice the word "potentially"?

I did notice it.

And I still don't think we're anywhere near that stage yet.

I did notice it.

And I still don't think we're anywhere near that stage yet.

Wallow in your negativity!

Have a good night being miserable.

Creepy Lurker

Templeton looks like a good prospect, but has a tendency - as do most wingers - to drift in and out of games.

He's at a stage where he really has to be thinking about nailing down his place in the team: how old is he now, 21? 22? Obviously still a young player, but one who does need to be producing regularly. So far, the signs are promising on that score.

What I thought was encouraging about his goal yesterday - apart from how great a finish it was, of course - was how he was able to hold off the Hamilton defender using his upper body strength in the build up.

Gareth_Hearts

I remember a thread on here last season about the squad not having any 'heroes' for the kids, if i was a kid at tynecastle i'd certainly want tempelton on the back of my top if he puts in those kind of performances :thumbsup:

Templeton excites me more than driver when he gets the ball

he seems to drift past players like they arent there and can cross and finish

he is going to be a class act

am with you on this one......has a better end product imo

Temps wide right with either Thomson © or Barr overlapping, Driver wide left with Wallace for back up. The Juggernaut through the middle eating up the ammo, Clum or Elliott chipping in with more than their fair share. Stevenson to develop into the attacking mid that JJ is craving.

Thank the lord for Jim Jeffries.

Captain America

All our wingers look exciting prospects.

They are all bums off seats kinda players.

It is a good time to be a Jambo.

:thumbsup:

Teuchterjambo

Wallow in your negativity!

Have a good night being miserable.

I am a Templeton fan and it is great that at last he is free from injury and getting the opportunity to show what he can do... and he is doing it rather well, but this thread is turning into a totally unrealistic Templeton fest , for goodness sake guys give the lad a chance to settle in before we start saddling the poor glad with some of the expectations on here (Ok I know some of them are tongue in cheek - I hope !)

I can never understand on this board when somebody even slips in a word of caution the anti negativity brigade start slaughtering them . There are plenty doom and gloom merchants but for every one of them there are happy campers who must be on the wacky or the electric soup.! Slip a chill pill guys and get a bit of perspective.

jamboinglasgow

Totally agree. Even looking at last weeks game when St Johnstone came on, Novikovas was attempting to do wee tricks against the opposition which he did in U19 and reserve but not in the senior game. I think he will go from strength to strength and making cameos will benefit as well as some starts.

Glen I think will show his ability again, if Elliot has benefited from having JJ and Kyle around, so will Glen. As well as having the heat off him. I do think we could be in a very situation of having four good strikers who can score in Kyle, Elliot, Elliott, Glen and even Obua to add to that.

Temps is fast getting to the point where he's nudging Driver from the top spot in my favourite player league.

He gets knocked about a wee bit on occasion by players who don't know what else to do with him but he's up and at 'em again straight away. I've never sat watching him thinking that his confidence might have been knocked a bit, he's just right back into the mix every time. He's one tricky and fearless wee rubber ball...

Jack Torrance

Temps is fast getting to the point where he's nudging Driver from the top spot in my favourite player league.

He gets knocked about a wee bit on occasion by players who don't know what else to do with him but he's up and at 'em again straight away. I've never sat watching him thinking that his confidence might have been knocked a bit, he's just right back into the mix every time. He's one tricky and fearless wee rubber ball...

Agreed.

He's gaining experience every week too. He took a knock in a friendly at Riccarton a few months ago. The coaches told him to get up and get on with it. That was a bit of a turning point for him I reckon. He's toughened up a bit.

Someone mentioned earlier about folk complaining he was too wee in the past. People once said that about Craig Gordon and Diego Maradona.

He's just breaking through so lets enjoy him while he's here and not wish the time away.

:thumbsup:

I like the way Temps keeps his chin up. Celtic game last year he was getting no change out of his full back, so tried something different - early driven cross, Bouzid header, goal scored, thanks very much.

It's in the nature of wing play that things don't always go as planned, it's great that he'll not be discouraged and keep trying.

The People's Chimp

Except Ian Black. His "regulation miss from 35 yards" is currently my favourite hearts joke.

But are a succession of row z balloons a price worth paying for one absolute raker a season? Blackie certainly seems to think so.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Except Ian Black. His "regulation miss from 35 yards" is currently my favourite hearts joke.

But are a succession of row z balloons a price worth paying for one absolute raker a season? Blackie certainly seems to think so.

Belter against Falkirk last seasom tbf.

Cesnauskis was the same. Kncoking pidgeons out the sky most of the time, then a peach against Partick in the cup (only competition he as allowed to score in - think he manahed one in the SPL, away to Falkirk).

jamboinglasgow

Belter against Falkirk last seasom tbf.

Cesnauskis was the same. Kncoking pidgeons out the sky most of the time, then a peach against Partick in the cup (only competition he as allowed to score in - think he manahed one in the SPL, away to Falkirk).

always remembered that it was Chesney who could cross but couldn't score, and Miko could score but couldn't cross. If only we could take each players best qualties and make a player out of that it would of been some player.

Archived