Red Ruben

H2

Thought he was fortunate to go with a second yellow today, that tackle was pure red and very dangerous, could have broken the guys shin ir ankle.

Didn't seem to affect us too much when he went off.

I think it typifies how the game has gone soft. It was a yellow(his second of course) but i don`t think his foot was that high and in many ways i actually thought he was turning his studs away as to not make contact with them if he did.

Not a straight red for me, but there you go. If he made full contact , yes, but you cannot get sent off for dangerous play surely?

I think it looks worse as (i may be wrong) i think he raised his studs fully up after the tackle.

I think a yellow was fair, although his first was certainly not.

Thought he was fortunate to go with a second yellow today, that tackle was pure red and very dangerous, could have broken the guys shin ir ankle.

JJ looking to maybe appeal it. :o:o

Thought it was worthy of a yellow, just like the Hamilton player who flew in on Bouzid for a booking in the first half. Both 'missed' the man but were dangerous in their execution of the attempted tackle.

Defo yellow card. Rather a rash challenge when you are on a yellow.

Still, a position now opens up in the side - it's up to others to take their chance.

JJ looking to maybe appeal it. :o:o

And so he should.

He didn't even touch the player.

It was never a foul never mind a booking. Their sending off was soft too.

Thought it was worthy of a yellow, just like the Hamilton player who flew in on Bouzid for a booking in the first half. Both 'missed' the man but were dangerous in their execution of the attempted tackle.

Disagree Gambo. The ref made his job harder by giving that early booking for the Accies player when it wasn`t a yellow imo.

Feck sake, fitbaw is truly fecked if thats a yellow and if the linesman on that side radioed to the ref that he thought it was too ,then i`d be astounded because he had a far better view from the side where it clearly looked less dangerous.

Maybe thats the rules these days and if so it`s ruining the game. Thought the ref was murder today and i`ve never really been one to continually moan about them.

Two stupid yellows ruined a decent performance. We cannot continue to make such amateurish mistakes that lead to us being a man light. I am not sure if the suspension counts on Tuesday or not but he should be out of the team for a little while and should be told it is for gross stupidity.

As competition for central midfield, we have Jonsson, Stevenson, Mrowiec, McGowan, Black and then some youngsters that are being talked about as prospects. Palazuelos should be made aware that he has slipped to the back of that particular queue due to his daftness. Only when players are truly punished for their transgressions will they stop.

Hearts of Vladland

I don't think you can appeal a second yellow.

I might be wrong but did they not allow teams to now appeal a yellow card in general?

Disagree Gambo. The ref made his job harder by giving that early booking for the Accies player when it wasn`t a yellow imo.Feck sake, fitbaw is truly fecked if thats a yellow and if the linesman on that side radioed to the ref that he thought it was too ,then i`d be astounded because he had a far better view from the side where it clearly looked less dangerous.

Maybe thats the rules these days and if so it`s ruining the game. Thought the ref was murder today and i`ve never really been one to continually moan about them.

I said that to my old man at the time. Early bookings can come back to bite you on the arse, especially soft ones. Obviously he's gone out there determined there would be no repeat of last year's ridiculous shenanigans. I think Bouzid needs to take a good look at himself as I think his reaction got the guy booked. If that was the other way round our opponent would be the biggest cheating barsteward ever!

Disagree Gambo. The ref made his job harder by giving that early booking for the Accies player when it wasn`t a yellow imo.

The Hamilton boy launched himself through the air into the tackle, it shouldn't matter that there was hardly any contact.

you are stupid,i think you never play and watch football

The Old Tolbooth

For Ruben's petulance in kicking the ball away I'd fine the ******* 4 weeks wages, maybe then if JJ gets really tough with them then it might stop happening, Ruben was a complete arsehole today imo!

you are stupid,i think you never play and watch football

Daft comment IMO. It was a stupid, needless tackle and he deserved to go. Thankfully it didn't really affect us.

Snake Plissken

His suspension is academic, he wouldn't have been in the side next week anyway.

Made precious little difference when he went off, he's a neat and tidy player but offers little either defensively or in an attacking sense.

His suspension is academic, he wouldn't have been in the side next week anyway.

Made precious little difference when he went off, he's a neat and tidy player but offers little either defensively or in an attacking sense.

Agreed.

Dont think he would have started next week anyway with Stevenson and Eggert back.

grumpyespana

Never mind the second booking he should be hammered and dropped for a few games after his daft first booking.

Grumpy

Never mind the second booking he should be hammered and dropped for a few games after his daft first booking.

Grumpy

I agree

I honestly cannae remember Ruben's first booking - was it deserved?

He kicked the ball away. Stupid thing to do but it is a yellow card :down:

The fact is, if Ruben hadnt stupidly kicked the ball away in the first place, he wouldnt have been sent off.

Was that what it was for? If so, it was incredibly daft but if it's in the laws it's in the laws. I just hope every other player in every other team in every other game gets treated the same.

Actually thought JJ might've taken Pala off at HT for Mrowiec.

bear in mind I didn't see the game at the time and haven't seen any footage since.

Two stupid yellows ruined a decent performance. We cannot continue to make such amateurish mistakes that lead to us being a man light. I am not sure if the suspension counts on Tuesday or not but he should be out of the team for a little while and should be told it is for gross stupidity.

As competition for central midfield, we have Jonsson, Stevenson, Mrowiec, McGowan, Black and then some youngsters that are being talked about as prospects. Palazuelos should be made aware that he has slipped to the back of that particular queue due to his daftness. Only when players are truly punished for their transgressions will they stop.

I completely agree with this.

He hopefully would have been dropped anyway, on the basis that Jonsson and Stevenson offer us more.

Johanes de Silentio

What a ******* balloon! :angry:

What a ******* balloon! :angry:

As soon as he done it i just knew someone was going off. It's the type of stupid thing which we really need to cut out. Surprised no one got a warning about the amount of time it was taking to take throw ins though (both sides)

It makes space in the team though for Eggert, Stevenson, and Mrowiec, wonder who's going to get the nod on that one.

My impression was that he thought the free kick had been awarded to Hearts and that he took it quickly. A simple mistake, not a yellow!

It's certainly a yellow for Hearts players - I await a plethora of bookings for other teams in similar circumstances...........on another note,was Kenny Miller given a yellow card for leaving the pitch twice today?........nope that one seems to be solely for Hearts players too!

That's what annoys me too. The rules are consistently applied to Hearts yet other teams get the benefit from time to time of a ahem more common sense approach by the referee.

The tackle that Reuben made (which I incidendly thought was a harsh yellow) was very similar to ones carried out by Hamilton players who got no punishment for it.

No doubt the SFA will make sure they come down on us hard again when we'll have a high card count at the end of the season. Though we'll probably have ironically committed the least fouls.

I disagree that Ruben doesn't add anything to the team.

Before being sent off yesterday he was closing down the opposition very well, not something I could have said often last season.

Daft move from Ruben, he should have known better.?

Still, his pairing with Black wasn't exactly setting the heather alight so a change of personnel is most welcome in the middle. Not that this should excuse him, we can't do much about ridiculous refereeing decisions that lead to cards but we absolutely can cut out reds like this.?

That's what annoys me too. The rules are consistently applied to Hearts yet other teams get the benefit from time to time of a ahem more common sense approach by the referee.

The tackle that Reuben made (which I incidendly thought was a harsh yellow) was very similar to ones carried out by Hamilton players who got no punishment for it.

No doubt the SFA will make sure they come down on us hard again when we'll have a high card count at the end of the season. Though we'll probably have ironically committed the least fouls.

thats the thing, i can accept yellow cards and red cards again'st our players IF the referee is even handed to both teams.

But how often is a Hearts player booked yet in the same game an opposition player who carries out the same foul is only spoken to by the referee

Jambof3tornado

We very rarely get the benefit of the doubt in games and any incident where we get a red or yellow card could be twinned with an old firm player getting away with it. No wonder we get fined year on year!

Thundercats Are Go

Here we go again, there is a conspiracy to book Hearts players. Everyone is out to get us blah blah blah.

Two fecking games in and the paranoia levels are as high as ever,"it's a conspiracy".

Can you please explain why our SFA paragons of virtue didn't book Miller for leaving the field twice today?

How many times have Hearts players been carded for this heinous crime?

Can you please explain why our SFA paragons of virtue didn't book Miller for leaving the field twice today?

1) never seen the game today.

2) don't know.

Never a straight red but a very, very silly thing to do when already on a yellow.

Silly when you're on a yellow already, even sillier when there's 2 players returning from suspension for the next game who play your position (Stevenson and Jonsson), with a third just signed (Mr Wreck), and possibly a fourth and fifth coming up through the ranks (Mulrooney & McGowan?). Ruben will be lucky to start another game in the near future, the rest should now be given the chance he had, and blew.

Black hasn't done anything wrong in the first 2 games, so think it would be harsh if he lost his place too.

Here we go again, there is a conspiracy to book Hearts players. Everyone is out to get us blah blah blah.

im not one for everyone is again'st us, but there is a trend that certain players get the benefit of the doubt over others, IF the referee's where equal with their cards or just speaking to a player then a lot of the conspiracy theories would lessen.

there are plenty of times involving other clubs that they do not get the same actions from the ref during the same games

Hearts of Vladland

Can you please explain why Calum Elliot was not booked for leaving the field of play against St Johnstone?

I disagree that Ruben doesn't add anything to the team.

Before being sent off yesterday he was closing down the opposition very well, not something I could have said often last season.

I'm really missing him closing players down very much, I must watch him more closely next time he plays.

Silly when you're on a yellow already, even sillier when there's 2 players returning from suspension for the next game who play your position (Stevenson and Jonsson), with a third just signed (Mr Wreck), and possibly a fourth and fifth coming up through the ranks (Mulrooney & McGowan?). Ruben will be lucky to start another game in the near future, the rest should now be given the chance he had, and blew.

Black hasn't done anything wrong in the first 2 games, so think it would be harsh if he lost his place too.

Black hasnt done anything right either in the first 2 games. :mellow:

Since this thread has been bumped, I'll just repeat my point of view on Ruben's red, which I posted on the Highlights thread.

I think both bookings were justified by the ref, and utter stupidity by Ruben. He let his teammates down when we were leading 2-0, and it could have cost us had Hamilton not been so inept.

I think Jefferies should fine Ruben for the first yellow, as kicking the ball away is stupidity. The lunge for the second booking was a total rush of blood to the head as he was already on the yellow.

I'd also like to hear why Ruben was laughing when he was shown the red. I don't find anything funny in letting your teammates down and forcing them to defend the 2-0 lead with 10 men, with the majority of the second half to go. :angry:

Two fecking games in and the paranoia levels are as high as ever,"it's a conspiracy".

Who said that we are paranoid???

:whistling:

Archived