U19 Hearts V St Mirren

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Hearts U19s beat St Mirren 5-0 in a match which they dominated.

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton Kevin

Morton Holt Smith Prychnenko Walker

Ogilby (King)

In windy conditions at Riccarton (always seems to be the case) Hearts U19 started their season with an emphatic win. The match started with a scrappy contest between the two sides till Hearts started to dominate possesion and pushed down the right flank with Morton and Mullen linking well, Mullen sent a few crosses which went agonizingly just above the head of Ogilby who was constantly pushing into the box. Holt forced a great save from the St Mirren goalkeeper when he broke through the St Mirren defence, and another he was judged to be offside when rounding the goalkeeper (I am unsure on that.) Hearts finally broke the deadlock around the 30 minute mark when the ball was passed to Jamie Walker who just outside the box hit a shot which look to take a slight deflection which wrong-footed the goalkeeper. Hearts then went 2-0 up a couple minutes later when Jordon Morton cut inside from the right touch line to just outside the box where he unleashed a curling shot into the top left corner of the goal. Then a few minutes later Hearts went 3-0 up with a shot from Denis Prychnenko just inside the left corner of the box. Hearts could of gone 4-0 up when Morton was free, lobbed the goalkeeper but the goal was cleared off the line, Jordon Morton protested with the linesman saying it had crossed. Hearts grabbed the 4th goal just before half time when Ogilby raced through on to a through ball, dragged it right, drew out the goalkeeper then passed it over to Morton who just slot it away.

After a 10 min half time the match got going but Hearts were slower to start the second half then St Mirren. However Hearts got back into the game and continued their domination. Ogilby went for a ball and was close to scoring from it but was knocked over knocking the ball off a St Mirren player. However Ogilby looked in great pain and had to be subbed, he was hobbling around the pitch but after treatment he seemed to be better at the end of the match. Billy King replaced Ogilby and he was moved to the left while Jamie Walker went up front. Not long after Walker was running onto a through ball with a St Mirren player next to him who shoved Jamie off the ball only to put Jamie right into the path of the sliding goalkeeper. So Hearts got a free-kick just outside the box. Denis Prychnenko stepped up and slot the ball away for Hearts 5th. After that the match died a bit. There were minor chances but overall both teams sat back.

So a great start of the season for Hearts U19s, looked everymuch the better team, and I dont think the Hearts goalkeeper Connor Fairley had a save to make. Colin Hamilton was the captain for this match, was very vocal towards the players. Great performances from the usual suspects such as Walker, Holt, Smith and Mullen. Thought McCormack and Hamilton looked like a good Central defenesive pairing. The new player at left back, Kevin, looked a great addition, so did Fairley who was vocal and ordered his players about well as well as coming out well for balls. Ogilby looked like the ideal target man that the U19s need so I hope the knock he picked up is not serious. As for MotM it is obviously between Jordon and Denis, while Jordon should of had a hat-trick and did well I would give it to Denis. His goals were well taken but he was just classy on the pitch, a very good looking player.

Watched the first 40mins.....................goals 2 and 3 were absolute peaches (better than Elliots and Temps today).

jamboinglasgow

Watched the first 40mins.....................goals 2 and 3 were absolute peaches (better than Elliots and Temps today).

Not watched the senior match yet (well watching it now as if live, so now know we score 2 goals) but the goals were fantastic, well worth a watch on the highlights. The 5th goal is fantastic as well.

jamboinglasgow

just had a look on the SPL website, unfortunatly they only have 1 result from the first round of games, St Johnstone beat ICT 2-0.

And as I said before, if you have a hearts.tv account watch the goals, there are some crackers.

jambos are go!

Prychnenko looked a great prospect when I watched him. Jim Bett like skills and presence. Lets hope he makes the step up soon.

Footballfirst

Thanks for the report JiG as I was out of town today. Sounds like a great start fot the youngsters. I'm guessing that Robinson muyt have been injured and that Hearts have reached agreement with Dunfermline over the transfer of Kevin McHattie. He's looked a very good prospect in the games I've seen him play.

Thanks for the report JiG as I was out of town today. Sounds like a great start fot the youngsters. I'm guessing that Robinson muyt have been injured and that Hearts have reached agreement with Dunfermline over the transfer of Kevin McHattie. He's looked a very good prospect in the games I've seen him play.

Don't panic, Robinson was on the bench for the first team today, FF. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Good to see the u19's get off to such a convincing start.

Quick question, is Danny Thomson injured? Expected him to be a regular for the u19's.

Good to see the u19's get off to such a convincing start.

Quick question, is Danny Thomson injured? Expected him to be a regular for the u19's.

Are Johnny Stewart and Dylan McGowan out on loan?

Footballfirst

Have heard good things about Prychnenko, do you think he might make the step up this season?

No reason why he can't, but please let him settle into a rythym with the U19s first without putting undue pressure on the lad.

Don't panic, Robinson was on the bench for the first team today, FF. :thumbsup:

That's OK then.

Are Johnny Stewart and Dylan McGowan out on loan?

No but both are too old for the U19s, as is Danny Thomson

No reason why he can't, but please let him settle into a rythym with the U19s first without putting undue pressure on the lad.

That's OK then.

Cheers FF. Bit alarmed about Thomson, Stewart and McGowan not continuing to progress as first chances will be limited for them tis season. Hope they go out on loan.

rossthejambo

That's OK then.

Well that would explain it.

The age limits must be strict because IIRC he's the same age as my brother and he's only 19 next month so he must only just be 19.

Footballfirst

Well that would explain it.

The age limits must be strict because IIRC he's the same age as my brother and he's only 19 next month so he must only just be 19.

UEFA and the SPL use calendar years for designating age groups. e.g. to play U19's in season 2010/11 you must have been born in 1992 or later, for U17s 1994 or later, etc.

jamboinglasgow

Highlights are now up. If you have a hearts.tv account watch them as they are fantastic goals, especially Jordon Morton's first (the second goal) and Denis Prychnenko's first (the third goal.) Denis' free-kick is a good one as well. Plus it is funny to hear the St Mirren coach ranting after each goal is lost.

jamboinglasgow

I have an apology to make, it was actually Robert Ogilby that scored the third goal. Long story how I got that wrong but I wont bore you with the details.

jamboinglasgow

In other SPL U19 games at the weekend, St Johnstone beat ICT 2-0, Aberdeen beat rivals Dundee United 3-2, Rangers won narrowly 2-1 against Kilmarnock, Hibs lost their first game 3-2 against Motherwell. While last years champions, Celtic, kept Hearts off the top slot by destroying Hamilton 8-0. Scottish striker James Keatings getting 5 goals in that game.

Archived