Pub In Madrid For The Hamilton Game.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'm going to be in Madrid tomorrow, can anyone recommend a pub that'll be showing the game? I'm sure there'll be some Irish/Scottish pub but I'm only arriving tomorrow morning and might struggle to find one in time so if anyone can help that would be great.

Try The Irish Rover near Santiago Bernabau or The Quiet Man.....google them for directions.

:yucky::yucky::yucky:

I'd rather miss the game than watch it in one of those. :rifle: :rifle:

Seymour M Hersh

Try The Irish Rover near Santiago Bernabau or The Quiet Man.....google them for directions.

Tbh I've heard such is the interest in the famous Heart of Midlothian FC that Real Madrid are opening the Bernabau and showing it live on big screens. Expecting up to 75k to attend.

Well, so I hear.

There's a pub called the James Joyce Irish pub on the Calle de Alcala which is at the end of Grande Via and next to the Parque del Retiro. The pub shows British games but whether they will show the Jams game, your guess is as good as mine. When I was there last September they showed the Manchester derby- good atmosphere in the place.

By the way, if you're still there on the Sunday, head to the Parque del Retiro, wander about, find a bar and then just people watch. Brilliant

Jambo_in_Madrid

Tbh I've heard such is the interest in the famous Heart of Midlothian FC that Real Madrid are opening the Bernabau and showing it live on big screens. Expecting up to 75k to attend.

Well, so I hear.

Can't make any promises that it will be on, but best bet is normally the James Joyce (go to the Banco Espana metro station, and it's about 100 yards away).

http://www.jamesjoycemadrid.com/

They don't have it listed on their schedule for tomorrow, but if you ask at the bar they will normally show the game assuming it does not clash with one of the big EPL matches. They can show two games at a time, so you may have to go through to the wee bar at the back.

PS - bring some sun factor - it's going to be a hot weekend !!!

Hearts of Vladland

:yucky::yucky::yucky:

I'd rather miss the game than watch it in one of those. :rifle: :rifle:

What is wrong with the Irish? Fair enough if it was the 'Celtic Bar' or 'Hibernian bar' but it is not it only claims to be a Irish pub so do you hate the Irish? Does that not make you racist?

What is wrong with the Irish?

Nothing at all wrong with Irish people in general. Everything wrong with the whole Plastic Paddy scene, which to a large extent is spearheaded by these pubs. Why anyone takes the time to experience a foreign country yet spoils it by visiting one of these places is beyond me. If you want to visit an Irish pub go to Ireland. Fact. End of. :smoking:

Romanov Stole My Pension

Thanks Jambo_in_Madrid and inspector. Managed to find the james joyce and they were happy to put the game on for us. Good result too!

Thanks Jambo_in_Madrid and inspector. Managed to find the james joyce and they were happy to put the game on for us. Good result too!

No prob. Beer always tastes better when the Jams win, no matter where you are. Were you the the only Jambo in the place?

Nothing at all wrong with Irish people in general. Everything wrong with the whole Plastic Paddy scene, which to a large extent is spearheaded by these pubs. Why anyone takes the time to experience a foreign country yet spoils it by visiting one of these places is beyond me. If you want to visit an Irish pub go to Ireland. Fact. End of. :smoking:

By that logic one should never go to an indian restaurant outside of India or an Italian restaurant outside of Italy, or a Cuban bar outside of Cuba etc.

Archived