Jj Please Start Toto V Elgin On Tuesday Night

jamdunc

JJ Please let Toto play against Elgin. ( Im assuming he can play as a trialist if he remains unsigned)

Fair enough he has scored a bucket load against East of Scotland teams.

Let him move up a level without diving straight into SPL mayhem.

See what happens. Play him in Kyle's position, I hear Toto is good in the air too.

Charlie-Brown

Can anyone confirm whether or not he would be able to play, unsigned?

It would depend if he's registered to any other club or not surely? also he would presumably need some sort of international clearance?

It would depend if he's registered to any other club or not surely? also he would presumably need some sort of international clearance?

We could stage a Toto protest outside Tynie!! :whistling:

Football league clubs are allowed to field trialists in the football league. So, like the OP, I would assume this also includes the football league cup.

From the SPL 201-2011 Rule Book

D5.14 Trialists are not under any circumstances eligible to Play for a Club in a League Match. For the purposes of this Rule Official Matches do not include League Matches. No more than two Trialists may Play for a Club in any one Official Match. A Trialist shall, subject to compliance with the Rules, be permitted to Play in a maximum of three Official Matches in any one Season for any one Club. A Club intending to Play a Trialist in an Official Match must give advance written notification to the Secretary of such intention and such notification must specify details of the relevant Player's name and address, place and date of birth, previous club for which he last played (if any), previous club to which he was last registered (if any) and the country in which he last played.

The last part may be the paperwork the club are waiting for.

What's the SPL ruling got to do with the League Cup tho? I'm struggling to see how this 'official match' carry on has any relevance to a tourney organised by the SFA?

Am I missin somethin?

Francis Albert

Hope JJ plays strongest side available, which I don't think should include a trialist whose had a handful of run-outs. After 48 years it's about time we won the thing again.

Hope JJ plays strongest side available, which I don't think should include a trialist whose had a handful of run-outs. After 48 years it's about time we won the thing again.

To be fair we should be able to give a few players a game and win comfortably. Could understand if we were playing a decent 1st Division team but they're struggling in the 3rd division.

Correct. Ive lost count of the number of times we've slipped up against minor opposition in this competition, mostly through complacency.

Play your best team. Play at full pace. get the game in the bag, and then you can mess about with fringe players

What's the SPL ruling got to do with the League Cup tho? I'm struggling to see how this 'official match' carry on has any relevance to a tourney organised by the SFA?

Am I missin somethin?

Not totally correct, it's the SFL.

Scottish Premier League (SPL) - all SPL games

Scottish Football League (SFL) - divisions 1-3 and the league cup (the tournament we're alluding to play Toto as trialist)

Scottish Football Association (SFA) - Scottish Cup and all Scotland games.

I also think the SFA have power over the SFL but not the SPL.

JJ should be putting out our strongest team, we need the match practice and to rattle a few goals past someone, hopefully this will build up some much needed confidence.

Scottish Football League (SFL) - divisions 1-3 and the league cup (the tournament we're alluding to play Toto as trialist)

The SFL allow trialists in league games but not in Cup games. However for league games the same documentation is required in respect of details player's name and address, place and date of birth, previous club for which he last played (if any), previous club to which he was last registered (if any) and the country in which he last played.

Also could be a problem getting confirmation if Toto's previous club went bust, in which case Agent would need to contact the association.

If he is eligible to play - I'd give him 45 minutes in the 2nd half IF we have a comfortable lead.

Scroll down the squad and you come across Jonathan Toto's name.

AC Legnano

This is Legnano's 2008-2009 squad (I think) but what is interesting is that they had Toto down as a defender.

Yes, Ok I take on board some of the responses and fair enough.

Second half would be enough if we can get 2 or 3 up.

All a bit pointless if he cant play though.

We will see on Tuesday I suppose.

Watched him play a full match and he is very exiting.

To be fair we should be able to give a few players a game and win comfortably. Could understand if we were playing a decent 1st Division team but they're struggling in the 3rd division.

And i was there ! :thumbsup:

Archived