Take The Wee Man To The Game?

Armadale Jambo

Armadale Jambo

Never taken my laddie who is 5 years old to an away game before but I think Hamilton may be a good shout.

Anyone else taking their kids?

Nah ESPN for me..mine is only 4 and it's a long trek back from Hamilton if its a disaster. Thinking about taking him to Stennie v Alloa after it though just to see how he gets on at a game. Not such a long drive back :thumbsup:

Ive taken my 3 yr old nephewto a few away games including Hamilton. As long as you get there earl yand choose your seats away from the idiots its fine. Had no problems.

Your really want to subject him to the foul mouthed element of our away support? He is only 5!

You may well be right - at home you know roughly what to expect in each section, but away's a bit of a lottery.

Maybe a five year old would be a civilising influence. It's a pity if folk avoid away matches for that reason.

Rudolf's Mate

Never taken my laddie who is 5 years old to an away game before but I think Hamilton may be a good shout.

Anyone else taking their kids?

Be careful, be very careful.... You'll have the JKB police on here telling you the wee man is too young to take to a game and will pay not attention!!! There will be cries of 'your wasting your money' & 'you are preventing a REAL fan from going'.

On a serious note. My old man took me to Ibrox and Darkheid as a 5/6 year old and I loved it. I felt a bond with him that I nnever got anywhere else other than at the football, sniff, sniff!

Seriously why not :thumbsup:

Your really want to subject him to the foul mouthed element of our away support? He is only 5!

he'll be fine, a quick pit stop at any DIY/Hardware shop and you could pick him up a pack of ear defenders, that'll block out any of those nasty words or songs.

Jambof3tornado

Get him along. Does he go to home games? Dont worry about the eejits at away games,they tend to be spotty 14 year olds that wouldnt know a sash if it landed on their lap!

The Treasurer

Nah ESPN for me..mine is only 4 and it's a long trek back from Hamilton if its a disaster. Thinking about taking him to Stennie v Alloa after it though just to see how he gets on at a game. Not such a long drive back :thumbsup:

The residents of Hamilton may look like they're from another planet but it's really not that far away smile.gif

Johnny Sandiego

I say take him along, my dad started taking me to away games when I was 5 and he did the same with my two brothers. 20 odd years later we've all turned out fine and still follow the team home and away. The away support isn't a problem, it''s mostly the same faces that go every time. All this, "our away support is full of idiots" stuff is JKB hear-say. I'd say about 3% of our support fall into the bad category and the other 97% go solely to support the team. Place like Hamilton, Motherwell, Falkirk (last season), St Mirren and St Johnston are good starting points. Not too far away and never any hint of trouble.

Only way to find out is to give it a try. What does he think of the idea? If he is keen it will be fine. If he is getting dragged there against his will, who knows.

Get him along! My dad never took me to any games at that age and I fecking hate him for it!

He'll love it :thumbsup:

Thundercats Are Go

I love reading all the comments about the idiots in our support, im sure these people will post their horror at hearing a nasty song through their TV while these bad people have got off their ass and followed the team.

Cheers lads. I'll be there. Just told him and he nearly wet himself :-)

if you could post how the wee man enjoyed his day out in the 'Hearts away support is a disgrace' thread, it normally starts around 5 to 10 minutes after each away game.

Thundercats Are Go

if you could post how the wee man enjoyed his day out in the 'Hearts away support is a disgrace' thread, it normally starts around 5 to 10 minutes after each away game.

With the game being on TV i estimate it will be 2 pages by 12:30, full of really funny chat about suspected dishtowels etc.

With the game being on TV i estimate it will be 2 pages by 12:30, full of really funny chat about suspected dishtowels etc.

but remember these fans don't go to games because of the nasty atmosphere, always amazes me how they can put up with it for trips to Fester Rd or cup semi's/finals though, it must just suddenly disappear :rolleyes:

I'm taking my 8 year old daughter who loves it.The only drawback 2moro might be the quick pint that won't touch the sides before this crazy kick-off time! :angry:

Archived